VFL 2019 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously been out in the districts playing footy while the other guys were going to public speaking school.
Not sure why its news in an era when Rove McManus purposely says it as a Logies acceptance speech.
He's a footy player not a nun.

Probably for 2 reasons. It is watched by children and it’s unusual. Hardly news though

OOw9UrO.png

otPZIcM.png

Jeez Robbie Young is struggling isn't he. Also interesting that we pick up Wilkie as a rookie and he is already lightyears ahead of Clav.

Don't want to sound negative but the Clavarino selection is looking pretty bad at this stage.

Jeez Robbie Young is struggling isn't he. Also interesting that we pick up Wilkie as a rookie and he is already lightyears ahead of Clav.

Don't want to sound negative but the Clavarino selection is looking pretty bad at this stage.
Wilkie was a mature age pick, he's like 22 or 23, matured body, vast experience playing in SANFL, played against matured body's, shown clear leadership and it shouldn't really shock you.

Clav, still 19, had few injuries and is slowly building in the seconds. He would've played round 1 imo, if he wasn't injured. He still has good potential, just needs to pick up the pace.

Wilkie was a mature age pick, he's like 22 or 23, matured body, vast experience playing in SANFL, played against matured body's, shown clear leadership and it shouldn't really shock you.

Clav, still 19, had few injuries and is slowly building in the seconds. He would've played round 1 imo, if he wasn't injured. He still has good potential, just needs to pick up the pace.
If he was going to play round one we should be relegated. He is so far off afl footy. So slow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to ghost he was walk up first 22 before he got injured.
Yeah I remember seeing that. Then again Pierce and DMac were also rd 1 starters. Scarily both have shown 10 times more than Clav! Lets call it a throwback to the Richo era were good time trial results and trying really hard (cough *strong in the contest* cough) were qualities more highly valued by coaches than actually being able to play football.

Based on the last few games I have seen, Clav should be playing Dev league if it still existed. But that wont stop some people in here listing him among the 'future potential stars' we have ...

Last edited:
At this stage he is miles off it. Contract runs out end of 2020, he needs to get moving next year or he's gone.

The point I was trying to make with Wilkie was that you can get this type of player cheap. Clav was a big risk and at this stage looks like a fail. You'd want him to at least be doing something, not having the worst stats on the ground.

At this stage he is miles off it. Contract runs out end of 2020, he needs to get moving next year or he's gone.

The point I was trying to make with Wilkie was that you can get this type of player cheap. Clav was a big risk and at this stage looks like a fail. You'd want him to at least be doing something, not having the worst stats on the ground.
Might explain the Joyce extension.

why would they do that?
Not too sure, but I've seen some videos and pictures of him practising forward. I think he was tried forward last week against Casey, kicked 2 and made the VFL team of the week. Considering we got Logan Austin returning next year, Battle down back, Jonathan Marsh, Brown, Wilkie, Jake, Clav all KPP's, probably trying to boost our forward stocks with Paddy out, Mayo is more Membrey type, King is injured atm, so its really just Bruce.

God damn Preuss had 14 clearances too it says on AFL website..talk about a stats sheet
Played against Owens and O'Toole who would be lucky to be up to his shoulders and weigh about the same as his left bicep.
Just took it out of the ruck and threw it on the boot for most of the second half

Not too sure, but I've seen some videos and pictures of him practising forward. I think he was tried forward last week against Casey, kicked 2 and made the VFL team of the week. Considering we got Logan Austin returning next year, Battle down back, Jonathan Marsh, Brown, Wilkie, Jake, Clav all KPP's, probably trying to boost our forward stocks with Paddy out, Mayo is more Membrey type, King is injured atm, so its really just Bruce.
Not sure about Austin.

Need to replace Brown.

Logic says Battle forward if needed.

Then again if King plays seniors, Sandy will need a kpf.

Yeah I don’t think there’s any way Young’s going to cut it.
Looks way off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back