Autopsy Round 21: Hawks plough the GWS snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Worpel Mr Plow tonight

Mr.Plow_-750x500.jpg

Wingard's poise with ball in hand when the game was still to be won was great to see too.

Mitchell, O'Meara, Worpel, Shiels and Wingard with major midfield time are actually going to be a pretty decent midfield group next year. Add another gun, and perhaps one of the top 6 midfields in the competition.

GWS looked to have played Breust and Smith into form. Breust waltzed out of so many tackles tonight.

CJ showed enough to be optimistic, but hard to judge anyones first game in those conditions.

Frawley again showing why he's one of the best big defensive stoppers in the competition.

Not getting too carried away, as I know how we'd be going if we had the number of top level mids missing that GWS do, but wins like this are important for trade period in our ability to paint a rosy future to incoming prospects, so very pleased.

Last edited:

Look much like I said about last weeks game about Wingard possibly being the most influential player on the ground fair comment to say take out Toby Greene and Zac Williams and GWS were poo.

Happy overall Cousins looked like a Box hill player had an average night I'll come back to our shortly... Chips once again pantsed a top 5? top 10? forward but most here want him gone.
Cousins made some awful blues, that kick to Ollie in the last qtr was shake your head dumb. He also stuffed a simple 20 m pass as well. Was a bit of a passenger tonight. CJ looks a much more likely type.

The Squiggle has crowned us as the strongest side in the comp on the back of our amazing defence.

Especially amazing due to us not having any quality youth and relying on old players who are cooked.

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 10.46.15 PM.png

Roaming Brian and he’s interviewing one of CJs mates and he says ‘CJs all good but we really come to check on Stephen to make sure his knee is alright cause we’re ready to take him back to Waverley’. I don’t know wether to take anything out of that but geez it was funny 😂

What a good win
Clarko head*ed them all and the boys followed the piper

Breust, silk and smith were awesome and as for the future

Wingard, Worpel, Sicily in fact all of them were awesome

If that win doesn’t sell this club then it’s all about the $$$

Roaming Brian and he’s interviewing one of CJs mates and he says ‘CJs all good but we really come to check on Stephen to make sure his knee is alright cause we’re ready to take him back to Waverley. I don’t know wether to take anything out of that but geez it was funny 😂

CJ’s friends were better spoken and funnier than BT by a country mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I can confidently say that I never saw that coming. That was a huge performance.

I have rated GWS for years and considered them a premiership threat, and even though they were missing some absolute guns this is it for me. That was one of the weakest efforts I've watched. They were totally unprepared for the game and the conditions. Cameron should resign in the morning.

Commentators were very complimentary, Bruce is always great.

Can’t argue with that. Never understand the Bruce hatred - he’s got his idiosyncrasies - but I’ll take his flowery talk about the game any time over BT’s absolute waffle about anything but the bloody game at hand.

All the talk was about who GWS are missing,
but no mention of who the Hawks are missing:

Tom Mitchell
Jack Gunston
Ben McEvoy
Grant Birchall
Jarman Impey

Nice group to come back in.

Not to mention Scrimmas.

I liked one point onthe wing when worps had fumbled the ball but knocked pill back to team mate while on the ground. That team mate passes back to another hawk, then worpel runs behind HIM for the handball and they are into attack.

Huge appetite for the pill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back