AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Let's start here:

marooned

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey Li,My young fella has a full junior membership comes with me every game.Is he in the group and priority 1?

Thanks Lions_Insider

So, I have season ticket and a September membership. My son has a 3 game membership (13-18 y.o. level). Can I buy a ticket for him at the same time as I buy mine?

What about guest tickets for our friends who are not members?

In the following scenario could I buy tickets for myself and two mates who have season tickets with me; my son (3 game member); and my dodgy Carlton supporting mate?

JeffPapers

Debutant
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thanks for this LI, I was wondering earlier in the week how this would all work. Very clear and concise from the club (as usual!)

JeffPapers

Debutant
Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hi Lions_Insider

I remember seeing something recently regarding the three game membership and the fact that it could be used to snag 2 seats at one of the remaining two home games. Could you confirm if it was 2 seats for this week's game v the Suns and 1 seat for the Cats?

Thanks

I have two questions

1) If I enter the ballot with another september member and he/she had insuffient funds in their bank account, would only that person's ticket be void or would mine be void as well?

2) Will September members get access to the XXXX mates place for home finals? Will it still be a ticketed area or open like it was last year?

kenberger

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I have two questions

1) If I enter the ballot with another september member and he/she had insuffient funds in their bank account, would only that person's ticket be void or would mine be void as well?
Was wondering this

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For GF tickets, the 'how to get a ticket' info says;
eligible in Priority 2 group to register to purchase a Grand Final ticket, contingent on the Brisbane Lions participating.
How is registering different to purchasing and does registration need to be done prior to tickets going on sale, and if so, when?

For GF tickets, the 'how to get a ticket' info says;

How is registering different to purchasing and does registration need to be done prior to tickets going on sale, and if so, when?
Registering is if the Lions make it to the prelims - $5, credit card details and sign up on Ticketek.

Purchasing is done when we win the prelim - seats are randomly allocated and you get charged based on where you end up using the details you registered the week before.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Registering is if the Lions make it to the prelims - $5, credit card details and sign up on Ticketek.

Purchasing is done when we win the prelim - seats are randomly allocated and you get charged based on where you end up using the details you registered the week before.
Nice little earner for Ticketek, they are nearly as good at money gouging as the gambling companies.

I assume it is non refundable whether you make the GF or not, small price to pay I suppose after such a long wait.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

So as soon as we win the QF?
Is this communicated somewhere? I would have thought this would be important to include in the FAQ. Did I miss it somewhere?

Nice little earner for Ticketek, they are nearly as good at money gouging as the gambling companies.

I assume it is non refundable whether you make the GF or not, small price to pay I suppose after such a long wait.
Yep. Bad taste in the mouth after each time I coughed that up.

So as soon as we win the QF?
Is this communicated somewhere? I would have thought this would be important to include in the FAQ. Did I miss it somewhere?
Went back and checked for you...

Ballot info received at the beginning of finals (early Sep).
Reminder of the procedure on the Tuesday after the semi win.
Registration on the Wednesday.
(Loss on the Saturday.)

I assume all clubs would follow the same AFL designed procedure.

Skoob

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Went back and checked for you...

Ballot info received at the beginning of finals (early Sep).
Reminder of the procedure on the Tuesday after the semi win.
Registration on the Wednesday.
(Loss on the Saturday.)

I assume all clubs would follow the same AFL designed procedure.
Thanks. This is published somewhere? Link?

21George

Debutant
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I believe last year the prices ranged from about $180 to $400 a ticket depending on location. Not sure how excited I'd be if our family of four got randomly allocated good seats!

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is in summary, pre register for the GF after we win the qualifying final. Nominate those friends/family you wish to sit with. Leave your credit card details and ticketek will allocate tickets for the group together at a location they will determine. Is that it? That simple?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is in summary, pre register for the GF after we win the qualifying final. Nominate those friends/family you wish to sit with. Leave your credit card details and ticketek will allocate tickets for the group together at a location they will determine. Is that it? That simple?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Basically. Nothing jumps out at me as wrong.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks
Need to make sure you’ve got enough $ on your card to cover the maximum cost of tickets for all the members you list too, just to state the obvious. If you don’t you’ll all miss out.

Boourns1

Rookie
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thinking of heading up for whenever our first home final falls and after some info. As a non member is it still possible to get tickets? If so what's the best way to go about this?

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thinking of heading up for whenever our first home final falls and after some info. As a non member is it still possible to get tickets? If so what's the best way to go about this?
It's been ten years since the last Gabba final so who knows? The last one didn't sell out but I reckon this one will. With 28,000 members and plenty coming from interstate you might need be lucky.

Back