Autopsy Round 21: Hawks plough the GWS snowflakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor old BT is obviously trying to model himself on Jack Dyer who famously mangled multi syllabic words and names at a time when football and Australia was more monocultural. Remember spaghetti marijuana and his long arms went up like giant testicles.
Unfortunately BT today just projects like a lazy knucklehead who is incapable of doing any preparation for his commentary.
Where Jack was natural BT is contrived.

I don’t trust DE% at all in a game like last night.

Worpel took ground at every opportunity, and we kicked goals as a consequence yet his DE suffered for it.

Was almost double Jags.. you can’t fluff facts, no one on the ground was as bad as Jags. Terrible conditions but everyone had to play in it, his DE has been an issue all year.

Is that because Jags is being heavily tag every week. Of course that allows Chad and Sheils to do their thing. Can’t wait to get TOM back.

Was not tagged last night... Im looking for more out of him, I want a jet 🤷‍♂️

Breust was like the greased up naked guy from Family Guy tonight. No-one could tackle him.
Jags went at 27% DE for his 18 possessions, our next worst was Worps at 48% however he had 31 touches and 8 clearance in comparison to jags who only had 2 clearances. Was a shocker for Jags, luckily Chad and Sheila both stepped up and were excellent.
In fairness, most of those touches were in the first when the win was blowing a gale.

Was almost double Jags.. you can’t fluff facts, no one on the ground was as bad as Jags. Terrible conditions but everyone had to play in it, his DE has been an issue all year.
I may re-watch, but I felt like he got the ball in bad positions last night & was often kicking around his body (not from a stable platform etc.). Watching it, it reminded me of watching Liam Shiels sometimes, where he seemed off-balance when kicking.

I've a feeling he played a bit of a negative/defensive game, but would have to watch again. If the majority of his disposals were rushed, from turning defense to attack, it may explain the DE% a little. Oh, and the weather etc., but we know that.

Love how everyone enjoying the game last night. When the defenders focusing on ML (double teamed him, man handled him), TOB stand up, grab the mark and kick some goals.

Who doesn't want to play for Clarko after last night?

It must be just me, but every time the camera focusing on Whitfield I read his face as saying "How fun it is to play for the Hawks" ;).

Probably a statement to all of Cogs, Patton, & Whitfield. Play rest of career with Hawthorn under the care of the best manager in Australian sport.

First time the away team in a Hawthorn v GWS game has won. Also the first season the Hawks have beaten the Giants twice in a season.

Because this is the first time the Hawks have played the Giants twice in a season.
Actually played them twice in 2017 I think, when we tied in Tassie

DE last night was inconsequential for everyone out there in the snow.

Hey, without any disrespect to you, Canberra is a boring, soulless place.
A place full of politicians and public servants, need I say more?

And don’t mention the snow ...

With a lot of disrespect to you, f#$k off then!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DE last night was inconsequential for everyone out there in the snow.

Everyone was at normal/standard levels, the overall skill level wasn’t bad at all, 68% hawthorn and 65% GWS

I wonder how much all that crap from Cochrane got into Jags head.

I want more from him and worried his body’s not quite right. But on the other hand his main issue is drifting in and out of games. When he’s ‘on’, apart from DE, he looks like a beast.

On Cochrane, cannot believe how petty and small minded this guy is. No way would I want to play for a club with this guys mentality.

fcd33121183236e3afdb5a6a9989baf8.jpg

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe
You would have heard me telling peeps to move on that were standing in front of the bottom seats then. I had you pegged as someone else.

With a lot of disrespect to you, f#$k off then!!!!

Haha, my brother and his family have lived in Canberra for 25 years; he’s a senior public servant.
He works under a certain unpopular minister.

He laughs and agrees when I tell him (constantly) how boring the place is.

Wingard has been a different player since coming back from injury a month ago. I'm not sure I've seen him play anywhere other than the midfield in that time and hes been great. Can't wait to see how he goes next year with a full pre season. Before we got him I thought he was the most overrated player in the comp but was willing to forget it and see how he goes. If he keeps playing like he has the last month I might send an apology tweet ;)

The most exciting thing about Worpel for me is that hes playing his best footy at the back end of the season. It means his tank has improved a lot and when other guys his age are starting to tire, he's playing better and better. To say I'm excited to watch this kid for the next decade would be an understatement.

Breust looks like hes got some pep back in his step. Hes got such incredible core strength and is so hard to tackle when hes in form. Hes finishing the season off well which will give him some confidence going into preseason next year.

Lewis didn't have a great night but he didn't drop his head, he kept trying hard and was rewarded with a couple of goals. Another good learning experience for him.

CJ looked very nervous in the 1st quarter but settled in well. He contests really hard and there was one in the centre square where he stood under a high ball and couldve been crunched but never looked like shirking it. He settled in and looked comfortable by the end of the game.

Frawley deserves another year or two. Hes been great this year. He looks healthy and it makes a big difference.

What a cold, cold, cold, freezing night at the footy.
I’m never been so cold at a game, snow, hail, sleet, rain just amazingly bad.

Lots of Hawk supporters, lots of strong support.

1. It was such a great team effort. Really hard to name outstanding players when they were all so good, the youngsters were good, not picking anyone out, they’re all just kids

2. Special mention to Shaun Burgoyne, such a calm settling influence, how can this guy keep playing so well for so many years.

3. Hey, GWS, you’re nobodies, no one cares, even if you win the premiership, you’re just a bunch of irrelevant, anonymous, faceless, unknown ghosts. And no one knows who you are.

4. Please don’t play any more Hawks games in Canberra, such a boring, soulless place.

Snow at the footy, what the fu**?

Davo from another traveller, I found the atmosphere in the outer Hill stand carnival like and a great place to watch footy snow or cold. Pregame at the pub everyone was jovial and having a great time.
I'm for one a vote one for Canberra after the game last night.
Thanks GWS for the two pair of gloves on the way in and the free footy.

Looks like Chad is being coaches really specifically to sit off stoppages and best position himself to win clearances, and then slotting into the hawks defensive midfield zone nicely. Looks engaged again after stringing some nice games together. Onya Chad 👍

He is really finding his feet, if we can get this version of Chad on the regular then we’ll have just about the best mid/fwd in the league.. his hunt of the footy is elite

Remove this Banner Ad

Back