The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how the moron excludes Hydro from renewables to somehow try and prove his point, like it isn't a renewable source of energy. One wonders what the 80s did inside that head.

What is it that you need to run people down, cant stick to the issue, go the man?

No documentation is wrong, is doctored, is slanted/loaded ... select think ALL.
You mean documentation from a FOI request that comes direct from the government.. is wrong. All because you don't want to believe it. Newscorp never provide evidence.. this did. Shame that you fall victim to blindness.

3. What's that? A nuclear plant will take decades to build and be obsolete even before it's finished?
That's quite an ignorant reason to not utilise nuclear power.

There's no doubt that conservatives are often fooled by propoganda from the fossil fuel lobby... but the left are too, with all the bs reasons they are fed to not support investment in nuclear power (the cleanest power source per kWh of all).

There's no doubt that conservatives are often fooled by propoganda from the fossil fuel lobby... but the left are too, with all the bs reasons they are fed to not support investment in nuclear power (the cleanest power source per kWh of all).
Depends how you define clean doesn't it?

Well, I don't really have the same phobia of nuclear power that many on the left do. I just recognize that it's not really feasible in Australia right now because of the political pushback and the very long lead time. In the short to medium term we're better off with renewables backed by pumped hydro storage, and fusion power will arrive eventually as well. I'm also cautiously optimistic about the next generation of wave power installations.

But I recognize this tactic of pretending to be an enthusiast for nuclear, knowing it's never going to happen, as an "alternative" to coal, while also copy pasting Heartland Institute anti-renewable propaganda. It's coal-by-stealth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

More lies! Or at least, deliberate omission of words.

Please feel free to highlight a jurisdiction that shows renewables deliver, without hydro, nuclear or as Elroo highlights Iceland’s geothermal.

We have been promised so much from wind and solar, yet it seems the only winner is big gas.

Meanwhile CO2 continues 10-15 times higher than best practice. Perhaps if it’s so funny, you never believed the environment is at stake.

Depends how you define clean doesn't it?
True. In this instance I meant minimising co2. In terms of nuclear waste... if small European countries are coping fine with it, I feel confident that a massive (and largely uninhabited) nation like Australia could cope.
Well, I don't really have the same phobia of nuclear power that many on the left do. I just recognize that it's not really feasible in Australia right now because of the political pushback and the very long lead time. In the short to medium term we're better off with renewables backed by pumped hydro storage, and fusion power will arrive eventually as well. I'm also cautiously optimistic about the next generation of wave power installations.

But I recognize this tactic of pretending to be an enthusiast for nuclear, knowing it's never going to happen, as an "alternative" to coal, while also copy pasting Heartland Institute anti-renewable propaganda. It's coal-by-stealth.
Valid post. I support all clean technologies. I'm sure people are sick of me mentioning by now that I work in the solar industry. I just get frustrated when feeling like society care more about what is trendy than by what is effective. Let's attack the issue of climate change from all angles.

The coal industry play both sides, in order to slow down their complete replacement.

True. In this instance I meant minimising co2. In terms of nuclear waste... if small European countries are coping fine with it, I feel confident that a massive (and largely uninhabited) nation like Australia could cope.

Valid post. I support all clean technologies. I'm sure people are sick of me mentioning by now that I work in the solar industry. I just get frustrated when feeling like society care more about what is trendy than by what is effective. Let's attack the issue of climate change from all angles.

The coal industry play both sides, in order to slow down their complete replacement.
Well they aren't exactly coping with it, it's also dangerous and lasts for a long long time. Requires expensive storage as well.

I hope you can see a pattern that reliable low CO2 power generation results in low CO2 emissions.

Where in contrast unreliable low CO2 power generation results in high CO2.

That’s why we need to focus investment into areas that are effective in achieving the stated goal.

I hope you can see a pattern

Yep we all can see the pattern in this thread from you PF, your latest posts are perfect examples of this;

PF: Can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, just one?

Answer: Yes Iceland.

PF: Ok, you got me. So can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, oh but you can't mention renewables from hydro!

Answer: Still Iceland.

PF: Ok you got me again. Ok so can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, oh but you can't mention renewables from hydro or geothermal!

I hope you can see a pattern

Yeh we see the pattern PF! :rolleyes:

And now back to our old favourite question to you PF:

Considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

There would be a greater correlation between big gas supporting a renewables strategy knowing it doesn’t work

Vs

Big coal supporting nuclear, knowing it takes 5-6 years to build

Nevertheless one strategy results in low CO2 and the other we know does not.

Please feel free to highlight a jurisdiction that shows renewables deliver, without hydro, nuclear or as Elroo highlights Iceland’s geothermal.

We have been promised so much from wind and solar, yet it seems the only winner is big gas.

Meanwhile CO2 continues 10-15 times higher than best practice. Perhaps if it’s so funny, you never believed the environment is at stake.
Another trainwreck post from you Power Fail; but back to our old question:

Considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondence or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

There would be a greater correlation between big gas supporting a renewables strategy knowing it doesn’t work

Vs

Big coal supporting nuclear, knowing it takes 5-6 years to build

Nevertheless one strategy results in low CO2 and the other we know does not.
Between your posts spaming this thread and others and the amount of BS posted here?

Last edited:
Yep we all can see the pattern in this thread from you PF, your latest posts are perfect examples of this;

PF: Can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, just one?

Answer: Yes Iceland.

PF: Ok, you got me. So can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, oh but you can't mention renewables from hydro!

Answer: Still Iceland.

PF: Ok you got me again. Ok so can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, oh but you can't mention renewables from hydro or geothermal!

Yeh we see the pattern PF! :rolleyes:

And now back to our old favourite question to you PF:

Considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

I don’t mind being called out on Iceland and their unique opportunity for volcanic geothermal. Japan also has it, famously Italy and so to New Zealand and indonesia.

No one can argue hydro and volcanic geothermal are the best solutions for low CO2 energy.

I can understand the negativity on nuclear based on emotive reasons but it is effective in low CO2 energy where wind and solar has failed.

You can get all excited you had a geothermal victory but I’m still comfortable with my position that wind and solar has failed the environment evidenced by the fact they don’t lead to low CO2 anywhere on the planet without the support of hydro, nuclear or (thanks) volcanic geothermal.

Further with hydro, nuclear or geothermal you don’t need wind or solar and evidenced by France actually increases CO2. So it does question the demands of some and half truth celebrations of wind and solars achievements.

Lastly I have asked you to reach out to a moderator regarding mental health issues relating to the post no reasonable person could read and feel threatened and the possible compulsive disorder relating to continuous request to answer questions I’ve answered many times. I will not feed or attack these issues and will not engage in them, until the moderator reaches out by PM .

On review of Iceland’s power mix, they use hydro and geothermal.

As per my statements above you don’t need solar or wind if you have these.

Thus the initial position still holds true.
Does your initial position of Hydro not being renewable = true as well? How you got that is beyond belief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back