Votes: 24 30.0%
  • West Coast < 30

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • West Coast by 30+

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

onya tiges, multi came through thanks to you lot :):):)

the COPE in this thread is palpable, both teams played well and a final between these two will be unreal

Or....Vics travel a little more???
Please create a fixture whereby each team gets 11 home games each, and victorian teams travel significantly more than they do now.
Most victorian teams travel 5 times per year, with 6 away games in Victoria. Given a little over half the teams are in Victoria, playing a little over half our away games in Victoria seems about right doesn't it? I get the feeling non-vic teams would also play about 6 away games in Victoria.

It’s been scientifically validated in statistically robust sleep studies that jet lag (fatiguing changes to human circadian rhythms) are more pronounced when flying EAST.
That the Eagles have had to push s**t up hill in this regard and still win premierships is a testament to this club. It has always set the bench mark for the comp.
As for the umpires, my subjective opinion is that they are cheating VFL campaigners. But hey, that’s not statistically valid.
Domestic jet lag ... LMFAO ..... I’ve heard everything now.... a 2 hour time difference ...🙈🙈🙈🙈

Please create a fixture whereby each team gets 11 home games each, and victorian teams travel significantly more than they do now.
Most victorian teams travel 5 times per year, with 6 away games in Victoria. Given a little over half the teams are in Victoria, playing a little over half our away games in Victoria seems about right doesn't it? I get the feeling non-vic teams would also play about 6 away games in Victoria.
Anything can be achieved with a little effort but i reckon both you and i know the fixture is financial, not fairness.

Was thinking about this

Easiest way to even up the travel

AND give vic teams the real home game advantage that seems very important to most of you:

Then i got to thinking - theres ten vic clubs and 8 interstate clubs.

Easy maths says if the vic clubs have to play the interstate clubs home and away every year thats 8 flights for them every year - 8 guaranteed hga games for them - then play the remaining nine games against each other alternating h and away yearly - brings the season to 25 games.

Boom - you guys travel 8 times a year vs us travelling 10 - you guys get 8 games with genuine hga per year vs us with 10

Thoughts?

Was thinking about this

AND give vic teams the real home game advantage that seems very important to most of you:

Easy maths says if the vic clubs have to play the interstate clubs home and away every year thats 8 flights for them every year - 8 guaranteed hga games for them - then play the remaining nine games against each other alternating h and away yearly - brings the season to 25 games.

Boom - you guys travel 8 times a year vs us travelling 10 - you guys get 8 games with genuine hga per year vs us with 10

Thoughts?
Like it but it would put a spanner into things like Anzac day clash and all the other crap that earns AFL a motza.

Anything can be achieved with a little effort but i reckon both you and i know the fixture is financial, not fairness.
Financial and parochial
I think he is talking about time in the air? Obviously you do not trave
I think he is talking about time in the air? Obviously you do not travel a lot.
The point is that they aren’t travelling east through the air and through time zones. When travelling they mostly travel west and for shorter distances.

It’s just another challenge that has been factored into our preparations to win Grand Finals at the MCG. West Coast knew from the beginning that they were joining the VFL. If they hadn’t sold the WAFL out to do it then perhaps a proper comp could have been established with proper input from the WAFL and SANFL.

As for the umpires, my subjective opinion is that they are cheating VFL campaigners. But hey, that’s not statistically valid.
This stuff really shits me. I've said a couple of times in this thread that umpiring was bad both ways and lets look at the game.

This dumbass sweeping statement is the sort of troll material the mods should be on top of.

Just on the umpires being "VFL cheats"....you have seen the free kick ladders for the past 20 years? The one where WC have had I think, off the top of my head, 2 negative differentials? You've had the greatest run of all time and you want to run with this.

Un-be-lievable.

Well that was a freakin amazing game. I though I was gonna die in that last quarter.

2 quality sides showing us how footy should be played.

Well done Eagles and bad luck.

See you in Sept.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those claiming the Eagles were robbed, we did have a lot more inside 50s and 6 more scoring shots. So we deserved the hard fought victory. Eagles are a great side though and never gave up.
Second quarter won you the game, Richmond's step up in our favourable conditions was better than our step up in the last quarter in the rain. No robbery (not sure how that conclusion is reached anyway), Richmond were marginally better, probably due to them making less errors deep in defence.

Some of the goal sources were a bit strange, Jack gets an easy set shot taken off him, but Barrass coughs it up three times when he rarely makes those errors once, let alone three times.

Mate,
I reckon if it had stayed dry on Sunday, that would have been one of the best games you'll ever see.
That first half was quality football.
Stay away rain :cool:
Would have been fantastic to see what simmo would have done to counteract what dimma did in the second and so on

A big game of chess.

Tigers finally playing a true premiership contender (2nd game of the season against a top 4 side) and they’re getting absolutely shown up. What a bunch of pretenders.
Ah those glass jaws and glsss houses.Ouch
I still don't understand why so many people are sold on them. Yes, they are 1 on the ladder.. but finals is where it's at. Until they have started winning finals, they get nothing from me.

Best teams in the comp are... (in no particular order)

Richmond
Geelong
West Coast

Collingwood and GWS would be in that group too, but injury riddled has stuffed both of them.

The Dogs are the smokey

And Essendon.. well no idea. Awesome one week, trash the next. Can see them winning 1 final (probably against us), and then losing by 100 in the 2nd.

And Brisbane also fits in the unknown section for me... could go well or could bomb out bad.
Check out AFL site for injured MVP players.Pies one of least affected.You may learn whst a furphy your crisis is compared to others.This also an independent source.

Tigers finally playing a true premiership contender (2nd game of the season against a top 4 side) and they’re getting absolutely shown up. What a bunch of pretenders.
I would have thought you’d have learned that games go for longer then one quarter after last years Grand Final champ:sweatsmile:

Was thinking about this

Thoughts?
It sounds ok to me

...,and you think that’s what Jetlag is ??? Time in the air???? Lmao... do you have schools over there.

Edit: just looked at your username 🙈🙈....
Yeah, apologies, thought he was talking about flight time. They do pass through two time zones and it does have an effect.

It’s been scientifically validated in statistically robust sleep studies that jet lag (fatiguing changes to human circadian rhythms) are more pronounced when flying EAST.

The earth is a globe. They should fly west to get to Melbourne. They won't have the fly-east jet lag.

No, no, don't thank me. I'm happy to help.

Back