How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 2nd half of the season spared SOS from an absoulte reeming
Correct and your 2nd half of the year was a public group reeming of epic proportions by nearly every opponent.

I haven’t seen a team fall away that dramatically with so much to play for in a very long time.

What do you put it down to ?

Well, after all that back and forth and bad blood between the 2 fan bases, it looks like its turned out to be pretty even trade. And if we both get the players we wish to trade in with these picks, hard to see it as anything but a win-win!

It's been fun guys, but if its all the same to you, maybe lets just tell SOS and Reidy to keep out of each others trade rooms for a season or 2. I'd like to get back to pouring all my evil thoughts onto Port Adelaide for a while, as i'm sure you do with Collingwood!
I am just pissed the Dogs put the cue in the rack and the Roos couldn't put the Demons to the sword to push the Crows down another place.

I reckon we should swap first and second round picks next year to make a year when both teams will struggle to contend for the flag more interesting.

Correct and your 2nd half of the year was a public group reeming of epic proportions by nearly every opponent.

I haven’t seen a team fall away that dramatically with so much to play for in a very long time.

What do you put it down to ?
Players looked over it all.
Feels like alot of inner turmoil and the players want changes

By points we win. By raw draft picks, I’d say the Crows slightly edge us. By players each club gets, the only thing that ultimately matters, we’re just gonna have to wait and see.
It all comes down to our assessment on Stocker. If he is a top ten quality pick in this draft we are well in front. He didn't play in the champs which can sort players out, so it is hard to get a read on his value. SOS and the boys seemed pretty stoked to do the deal.

Nick Graham slid after winning the Morrish Medal because recruiters saw the limitations in his game at the Champs which dogged him through his AFL career. Stocker's limitation could have been shown up if he was available or he could have dominated.

Plenty of players looking for an out is what I'm hearing...

Crows could really cash in on some picks if they accept that up to 8 want out...

Feels like most of the fans want this and to start over... knowing the club they will mess it up tho..

Last year was the year to do it given all the SA talent....
Instead we take a tassie boy and now the tassie want a side in 5 years.... red hot fav to go back..

What a team to support

Burton and camporalie seem like the two cancer cells

Donny Pyke putting the players through brain washing torture in that boot camp and separating their players from contacting their partners during the time (including an anxious Mrs Eddie Betts who was pregnant at at the time) is a lot more responsible for the Crows players not performing.

Campo actually held the club together along with (surprisingly Tex Walker after the brutal murder of Phil Walsh. Can't really see him being a big problem with the Crows.

Thankyou to fans of both sides for their updates on their respective forums, on a subject I didn't bother trying to understand or pay attention to (BigFooty or elsewhere). I checked occasionally and found what I wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Five years ago, when the Adelaide Crows last failed to make the AFL finals series for a second consecutive season, the club took drastic steps.
"The time has come, we need a fresh direction … we need a new coach in place to take us there," chairman Rob Chapman said..................

..................in September 2014.

I think not having Pick 3 this season is a good thing. Would have been demanded by Sydney for Papley, probably not a deal the club would be prepared to endorse. Run the risk that GWS try to match a bid for Cogs and demand Pick 3 in a trade. GC push hard for Pick 3 in a deal for Martin, probably offering a late first or early second back.

It would have been a millstone round our necks trying to trade in players from other clubs, and best case scenario we'd have traded it for a quality player, got a later first back, and hoped to pick up a player like Stocker.

By doing the deal last year, we've got an extra season into the drafted player (Stocker), and we hold a pick that's more palatable to trade away.

Spot on, I think this was really apparent in the trade with Shiel (THANK * THAT FELL THROUGH). Trading a top 5 pick is a huge deal.

Just ask GCS with Lachie Weller :p

I'm up here at Nambucca Heads and the locals want to know where Adelaide is.o_O
unfortunately probably says more about the locals than adelaide.............

Five years ago, when the Adelaide Crows last failed to make the AFL finals series for a second consecutive season, the club took drastic steps.
"The time has come, we need a fresh direction … we need a new coach in place to take us there," chairman Rob Chapman said..................

..................in September 2014.

Lol Adelaide leadership are so backwards in their thinking.

All geared around making finals and if the club don't make finals for 2 years in a row the coach is out.
It's probably the reason they've kept their old players in the team for most of the year at the expense of kids...they think the mature players gives them a better chance to scrape into finals and don't consider looking into the future.

There is more to list management and direction/strategy of a club than just making finals...it's about premierships.

Lol Adelaide leadership are so backwards in their thinking.

All geared around making finals and if the club don't make finals for 2 years in a row the coach is out.
It's probably the reason they've kept their old players in the team for most of the year at the expense of kids...they think the mature players gives them a better chance to scrape into finals and don't consider looking into the future.

There is more to list management and direction/strategy of a club than just making finals...it's about premierships.

Getting the same vibe from Port - or more accurately, Kochie. Running that club like a backwater dictatorship, if performance drops just threaten to sack/trade people. Fear-driven performance isn't sustainable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back