Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly not fussed if Cogs comes or not anymore. I trust the club hasn't put all their eggs in the one Easter Egg Basket.

I just want players who see opportunity for personal growth and success for the team in the future, not just coming for the all mighty Ollar at our footy club.

If we miss our on Papley this year, go hell and hightail the next, when he is out of contract. He is exactly the type of player we need, a Jean Claude-Van Damme street fighting small forward goal sneak.

Take that Gill :tearsofjoy:

“It was interesting. I’ve met Gil a few times. Everyone has their views as to what I should do,” Coniglio said.
“Obviously being the AFL CEO, some people might’ve had some criticism on him but I think everyone’s entitled to their own opinion.

“At the end of the day I have to be happy and comfortable with the call that I make. Nah, I won’t (let McLachlan influence me), for sure.”

It's interesting what was mentioned before about the myth of Hawthorn attracting the big fishes.

It seems to ring true. What they actually seemed to have been brilliant at is getting in injury-suspect but good players and completely turn them around (and get the best out of them).

So basically they buy a banged up Ferrari and fix it up for cheap.

It's interesting what was mentioned before about the myth of Hawthorn attracting the big fishes.

It seems to ring true. What they actually seemed to have been brilliant at is getting in injury-suspect but good players and completely turn them around (and get the best out of them).

It's a big risk Though.

O'meara's knee need to be managed for the rest of his career.

That makes it sound like he is gone.

However, I've reached a personal standpoint on this one.

Que Cerra Cerra
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Cerra Cerra
What will be, will be

What do you reckon he's going to end up costing?
Rumoured to be 2 x first rounders. Now that we know we have pick 8 which is a good first rounder maybe pick 8 and our future 2nd?

Suspect that papley would be amenable to leaving on a great deal but not to fussed if he stays as out of contract next year and more big offers will follow.

...and end up with a clubsport!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That makes it sound like he is gone.

However, I've reached a personal standpoint on this one.

Que Cerra Cerra
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Cerra Cerra
What will be, will be

Sung by Doris Day, great grandmother of Sam Day believe or not !!!

Cogs in that SEN article: "I'm grateful to have HAD options".

Past tense. He knows, or at least is very confident on where he will be.

No necessarily.

He could just be saying that his has had options put before him.

Well picked up...I reckon for sure he has made up his mind just waiting for the appropriate time to make the call. Also trying to extract maximum $ out of it. Good on him.

Sung by Doris Day, great grandmother of Sam Day believe or not !!!

The Doris Day song is Que Sera Sera, I thought the Cerra reference was meant to be some sort of cryptic clue but maybe not:p

Good pick up. And if he's HAD options and now made his decision, the fact that he has not signed with GWS is pertinent.

He's coming home. (To Carlton, not that Carlton is in any way his home, but it's where home feels like for all of us, including Cogs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back