Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Papley’s price is too high what do we think Petracca could be extracted out of Melbourne for.

He can play midfield/ half forward and may be looking for a change of scenery.

I think he could be obtainable given the way he has stagnated at Melb.
Could do a lot worse if and a big if you can get him to pull his head of his ar*se and get him fit. New environment and a need to impress/earn the respect of his peers might just do the trick.

If he’s staying at GWS why hasn’t he signed already... I reckon he’s gawnski

To us I hope .. if not c’est la vie
Dusty waited til last minute, so did Gaff and from memory Kelly on the contract before the last one. I feel like the 'if he hasn't signed already he never will' is a bit of a myth argument.

Reckon GWS bow out week 1, Cameron is sacked, club is in turmoil and AFL will step in to make sure Coniglio doesn't leave to make things worse.

Still think we need to find a quality, athletic and sturdy young Ruckman in the draft somehow (which to be fair, is easier said than done) and some mids/wingers with zip and a smaller sized shut down back pocket player..

Think we still need to use whatever assets we can get from the draft.. Our ruck stocks is really giving me headaches tbh.

The ruck player from the draft I can see, but the other types you mentioned I don’t think need to be fresh 18 year olds anymore. We should be trying to pick up these players who are already in the system and will improve us straight away. We’ve turned over our list a lot to regenerate it and the players we will bring in will be in that 23-27 year old grouping which is perfect for age profiling of our list. I look at Geelong on Sat and see Miers, Narkle, Stewart and the like picked with later picks. We need to keep drafting and unearth gems from the later rounds whilst adding quality in the next two seasons. I feel it’s essential to get us to the top. No more heavy drafting. Just a wise, level headed approach of both.

Don't know if you're being stubborn on purpose or missing the point? I'm saying cogs could be swayed to stay by the afl helping match the monetary value of our offer inside and outside the cap.

Oh, you replied to my post which was specifically about them being able to match our Free Agency bid if he picks us, which they can't.
Of course, they can persuade him to reject our Free Agency offer and sign at the Giants, but that's different to them being able to match our bid.

Oh, you replied to my post which was specifically about them being able to match our Free Agency bid if he picks us, which they can't.
Of course, they can persuade him to reject our Free Agency offer and sign at the Giants, but that's different to them being able to match our bid.
Can't say I'm not expecting them to try. We've just gotta wait and see the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you reckon he's going to end up costing?
Far too much sadly.

Would love to have him, but the chardonnay sippers will want a literal arm and a leg, and possibly Patrick Cripps thrown in as a sweetener.

I’d be happy to trade our first rounder for a couple of seconds (equivalent) to ontrade for a small defender and small forward. Need to start plugging our glaring holes in the side, otherwise, we ain’t going no where.

Not really sure what another 18 year old (not named Walsh) will add to this current team.

If we went down that path, I'd be trying for the Eagles.

8 and 39 for their first (14-18) and 22.

That being said, unless we had someone lined up, that's a move I'd save for draft night.

Cogs or other FA's, Martin for future second and other swap(s), Amon/Gray for a late pick, Cameron for peanuts. Wait and see how the draft goes - pick 8 on a Serong or Flanders could be a goer, we've seen quality small forwards be able to come in and impact from day one. If there's nobody jumping out at us at that pick, downgrade via WC and look for one of the other smalls (ie. Weightman) and maybe the ruckman in Jackson or a likely small defensive type.

Dusty waited til last minute, so did Gaff and from memory Kelly on the contract before the last one. I feel like the 'if he hasn't signed already he never will' is a bit of a myth argument.

Reckon GWS bow out week 1, Cameron is sacked, club is in turmoil and AFL will step in to make sure Coniglio doesn't leave to make things worse.
Could also be similar to the Bulldogs situation. McCartney sacked and their best midfielder (Griffin) leaves all within a couple of days.

So it's either us or GWS, and Geriatricthorn are out of the race, AND we'll know by the end of the week.

TCP gone balls to the wall on this one.
“We’ll know” probably means the club.

We would know after the Giants season ends officially.

It would be poor form to wait until the week around the finals to announce he’s leaving, which it seems he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back