Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those saying Eddie's stats were padded by big hauls against weak sides...don't forget we also played those weak sides. I think a fit, happy Eddie would be great for a year.
Yep. One year deal, option for a second. Buys us another 12 months to shake the tree at other clubs, or get a small forward late in the draft who can be mentored by one of the best.

The best small forward this year (Cameron) was mentored by Betts....if we lock him down early, it could be a big drawcard for opposition players

Eddie kicked 37 goals this year and didn’t look like he was enjoying footy.

He would be our leading goal kicker this year with 37 goals.

Get Eddie enjoying footy again, back with Teague and the blues. He could wind the clock back.

He’s still better than what we have

Yep, buys us an extra year to find the exact small forward we need in case it doesn’t drop this year. Could even mean we use our 8 in the draft..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I approve eddie coming home
The marketing $$$ alone validates this decision
Until we have small forwards taking his spot and kicking 37 goals he is welcome to occupy his spot
Let the healing begin
Loved daisy but daisy would not be as positive on the (predominantly younger) group as Eddie would be.
Anyone talking about bringing Jeffy back, please don't. Don't want the baggage that comes with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeff Garlett shoots a hole straight through your point though...
How so? Who was the other player who was equally talented but from say Xavier collage that we chose Garrlett over?
Talent and training come from the individual, but the 'risk factor' often comes from situations the kid can't control.

Last edited:
Think this belongs in the un-popular opinions thread.
Could be Weirdo.....
I would be happy to see it from the romantic viewpoint don't get me wrong but that is the heart not the mind.

Stranger things have happened but it would be a big risk and if it backfired folks here will be after the list peoples heads. Again.

If we can't get Papley or Martin this year, Eddie would have to be worth a punt. Especially considering he wouldn't be on a huge contract and it was just a year by year proposition.
No no no.
As well!! :thumbsu: :carlton:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back