• Charlie Dixon

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • No, not them. This guy

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd still be shocked if we did get rid of it. All of KTs comments seem to basically be

"we'll review it but we've already made the decision to keep it"
Nah. You dont publicly announce you are reviewing and immensely unpopular decision unless you are going to get rid of it.

You announce it is under review early to start appeasing the masses sooner rather than letting it fester on while you await the review.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's acknowledged it cost 3,000 members and we won less games than last year (after being told it would give us the best chance of winning). I don't see how they can keep it.

did he?

Everytime I've heard him talk about the drop off in attendances and members he says its the fault of our end to 2018 and the fact we struggled to win 2 games in a row all season this year. Stays away from co-captains whenever I've heard him talk about anything negative.

Ive only heard positive things about co-captains from him. Always says something along the lines of 'they havent had much of a chance to play together this year due to injuries, but when they have it has worked well'

I dont trust them to get rid of co-captains even though its the obvious thing to do.

They have also got rucci doing a PR campaign to talk about how great co-captains are and how its the future.

I will be very pleasantly surprised if the club doesn't thumb its nose at the members again and double down on the co captaincy BS, and I will be absolutely f****** amazed if another club shows any interest in trading for Jonas, as
I doubt an undersized, treacle slow, poorly skilled defender would be in great demand by any one.

Yep, we'll most likely be fed with some bulls**t line about how we didn't see the co-captaincy in full force in 2019 because of Wines's injury interrupted year.

Already happening. This morning's Monopoly Times has Keith Thomas saying,

Ollie was out (injured) for a lot of the year and I think both Ollie and Tom really embraced it.
I thought they executed it well but we didn’t get to see it a lot (on field) this year.
That will be something we will do, probably in the new year. As the (football) program comes back, they will look at the leadership model and we’ll have that discussion then.’’

Hinkley is quoted as saying this about the future of the Co Captaincy,

“We’ll review everything and how that went. We’re not going to say right now whether it was right or wrong. We’ll review everything and make some decisions with some clean air.’

Ollie Wines also had this to say on AA,

“The other positive thing is that we both had injury interrupted years and when one of us wasn’t there, the other was able to take the load, so in that way I’ve really enjoyed it.
“But it will get reviewed, like it does every year, and when we need to make that call, we’ll make it according to what’s going to win us the most games.’’

I can save the Club the cost of a review Keith & Ken, it was an ill conceived, shithouse idea which didn't work. Admit you got it wrong and wind back the clock all you like but the damage is done and a piece of PAFC tradition is lost forever. That is your legacy and one which I hold both of you, and your media personality mate, personally accountable.

Last edited:
I will be very pleasantly surprised if the club doesn't thumb its nose at the members again and double down on the co captaincy BS, and I will be absolutely f****** amazed if another club shows any interest in trading for Jonas, as
I doubt an undersized, treacle slow, poorly skilled defender would be in great demand by any one.

Yes Mick, The Monopoly Times has an on line poll about the Port Co Captaincy. It gives a number of options but the retain the Co Captaincy model has only a 13% approval rating. This suggests the vast majority of our supporters think Co Captaincy stinks.

Yes Mick, The Monopoly Times has an on line poll about the Port Co Captaincy. It gives a number of options but the retain the Co Captaincy model has only a 13% approval rating. This suggests the vast majority of our supporters think Co Captaincy stinks.

And most of those are probably crows fans trolling as they know Port fans hate it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd still be shocked if we did get rid of it. All of KTs comments seem to basically be

"we'll review it but we've already made the decision to keep it"
It's a double down on everything that's wrong. Fans hate = we'll keep. Fans don't feel listened to = ignore latest feedback (ie. still hate).

The club is busy peddling how Hinkley is still the right man to lead us to a flag and there's massive push back. Here's something they can do to lower the level of Members anger (and reduce the number who won't renew) at no financial cost, but won't because of their over sized ego's.

It's a double down on everything that's wrong. Fans hate = we'll keep. Fans don't feel listened to = ignore latest feedback (ie. still hate).

The club is busy peddling how Hinkley is still the right man to lead us to a flag and there's massive push back. Here's something they can do to lower the level of Members anger (and reduce the number who won't renew) at no financial cost, but won't because of their over sized ego's.
I reckon if they double down and Wines ends up leaving and then they decide to go with Jonas as sole captain, then the laughs to be had....

Can you imagine this club's behind closed doors discussions on having to decide which of the two captains to cull or even the extreme decision of culling both? And after just 12 months? I can imagine they'd be gnashing their teeth at us and spewing about us supporters. How dare those Port supporters challenge our Kappa Kappa Kappa Fraternity of Failure! It would be easier for them to appoint a third captain like the Sydney Swines before admitting that co-captaincy was a Nigel Smart type decision and return the number 1.

i can imagine them being hell bent on keeping 2 captains as there are plenty of excuses. they can easily play the angle of "we'll look weak if we abandon our new plan in just a year". they'll have all the external support in the world "you know with todays games the media commitments the off-field stuff you know it's too much for one 22 year old, managing a squad of 47 blah blah blah". they can say all the same bullshit they said regarding extending Ken, good footy clubs are a bastion of stability etc.

Ken won't want to get rid of it. Admits he made a mistake. So he will double down on the mistake.
How does that belief about Ken match up with the fact that we've changed our game plan every bloody season?

Ken's past behaviour does show that he admits mistakes in the off season and makes attempts at rectifying those mistakes.

Its just that some of those attempted corrections seem to go way to far. In 2017, we were a strong attacking side, but other teams were able to get on runs against us and score easily. We'd also go fast in attack and turn the ball over and get scored heavily against on the turn over. In 2018, Ken tried to fix that. We stacked the back line. And tried to move the ball, slowly and methodically. Trying to cut down how badly we get scored against on the turn over. Instead we just created other problems.

There's no doubling down on mistakes over the off season. There's just solutions that create other problems.

Back