Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
We must find a way to draft in Flanders!
You know he believes in the Saints
Has an awesome rig and being the owner of the
Leftorium he gives us a point of difference!

Plus he already has 2 boys in Rodd and Todd
So Father son possibilities are high
Though not convinced on the masculinity of the 2 lads!
But his cheery disposition and clean cut living means he
Has to be good role model for the rest of the lads!

Only knock is he may have the rest of the boys
Feeling rather intimidated in the showers
With that monstrosity he has going on!

Get Flanders= Okily Dokily!
Do it Saints...You know it makes sense!

Make it so-diddly-o, Malaka-rino!

No thanks

Will probably go about pick 20 -30
Yeah he’ll probably be seen as too boring to take with a top 10 pick, then when he’s averaging 30 touches a game everyone will wonder how he slipped so far. Happens every draft.

If that were actually the case, is happily trade pick 5 for Hill and 20. Take Robertson at 20.

Doubt he falls that far though. More likely a mid first IMO.

I think Robertson will go inside the top 20. He's eye catching so will get some interest. WC especially want him with their first, I think he's Dean Kemp's nephew or something and I reckon he'll go before that.

Yeah he’ll probably be seen as too boring to take with a top 10 pick, then when he’s averaging 30 touches a game everyone will wonder how he slipped so far. Happens every draft.

The kind of player i'd like....

Nathan Fyfe ( pick 20 -Too Skinny ).
Patrick Cripps ( pick 13 - Plugger dimsim diet ).
Lachie Neale ( pick 58, too short, and slow ( little legs), boring player who just gets the ball a lot ).

The kind of player i'd not like .

Jonathan O Rourke ( Pick 2 ) - Apparently made Mary Poppins seem seriously flawed.
Tom Boyde ( Pick 1 ) - yeah i know we already have a heap of tall forwards, but there will never be another one like this guy.
Christian Petracca (Pick 2 ) - A big bodied midfielder like this won't come along every day. Move over Dangerfield.
Callum Mills - Because he's pretty tall he will dominate in the guts. ( another HBF )
Aaron Francis - a backman , but he has played in the midfield , so that's surely his future. Versatile enough to play anywhere, ( or nowhere ).

Bigoa Nyuon
Dandenong Stingrays | Ruck/Key Forward
18/05/2001 | 196cm | 86kg

Stats:
14 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 2 rebound 50s, 5 inside 50s, 15 hitouts, 1 goal

Our scouts said: “Nyuon had some good moments in the ruck and forward for the Stingrays… He was able to expose his opponent once the ball hit the ground, spreading to space to create an option forward or get in intercepting positions.” – Craig Byrnes

Verdict: The raw and athletic tall continues to show glimpses of his best form, with enough there to suggest he’ll be an easy choice for St Kilda come draft time as a Next Generation Academy (NGA) member. His combination of aerial ability, ground level cleanliness and winding runs make Nyuon an exciting prospect, with his versatility in the key position posts an admirable trait. He loves a goal and celebration too, and seems a much-loved teammate.

Bigoa Nyuon
Dandenong Stingrays | Ruck/Key Forward
18/05/2001 | 196cm | 86kg

Stats:
14 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 2 rebound 50s, 5 inside 50s, 15 hitouts, 1 goal

Our scouts said: “Nyuon had some good moments in the ruck and forward for the Stingrays… He was able to expose his opponent once the ball hit the ground, spreading to space to create an option forward or get in intercepting positions.” – Craig Byrnes

Verdict: The raw and athletic tall continues to show glimpses of his best form, with enough there to suggest he’ll be an easy choice for St Kilda come draft time as a Next Generation Academy (NGA) member. His combination of aerial ability, ground level cleanliness and winding runs make Nyuon an exciting prospect, with his versatility in the key position posts an admirable trait. He loves a goal and celebration too, and seems a much-loved teammate.

Why is he raw? He's been playing footy since Auskick.

Greg1853

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Exactly how often do we see Ross, Dunstan etc trapped on their dominant side with absolutely no answer other than a slapper kick forward, which results in an immediate turnover.

and when you say trapped, do you also mean the times they run past someone who has taken a mark (or received a free kick) on the wrong side of the player, so that they are immediately in trouble on their non-preferred, and they then turn back into trouble, or make a meal of it on their right foot. Both Dunstan and Ross do it repeatedly. I just wish they wouldn't call for it in those situations.

I was up in Sydney a week ago watching from up high, and Dunstan drives me insane calling for the ball when totally out of position.

The_Snake26

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well this is concerning. Perhaps we trade next years first for Hill instead of this years?
Seriously these academies are a stain. They should be AFL run, not tied to the clubs.
The league push the “equalisation” agenda but then have this in place. I have no doubt that clubs like Pies and Bombers would relocate families so they end up in their zone.
I’m going to Gils brothers wedding later this year, might have a sherbets and give him a piece of my mind ha

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well this is concerning. Perhaps we trade next years first for Hill instead of this years?
Seriously these academies are a stain. They should be AFL run, not tied to the clubs.
The league push the “equalisation” agenda but then have this in place. I have no doubt that clubs like Pies and Bombers would relocate families so they end up in their zone.
I’m going to Gils brothers wedding later this year, might have a sherbets and give him a piece of my mind ha
We will need next years first if we want to get Bing.

Even the guy we are likely to get this year is iffy.
Yeah his family came from the Sudan, but he grew up and played Auskick for Hallam, and why shouldn't he be in the draft like any of the other kids he grew up with.
Only reason he's in Saints academy and not Melbourne is his family moved home.

Zoning was incredibly unfair, and clubs with good zones seemed to consider they were "entitled". Why on earth would anyone with half a brain have wanted to go back to anything vaguely like it.

The_Snake26

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
We will need next years first if we want to get Bing.
I posted this in the trade thread:
I think it’s inevitable that Bing will play with us. We’ve certainly asked the question this year. The general view is he’s worth 2 first rounders for us to pry him out.
We can do it this year and send 5 and next years first. I’d want something back from them tho. Maybe their future 2nd rounder. Potentially 2 top 5 picks for a pick 6 and 19 (assuming they finish bottom again)

If they decline a trade this year then we go again next year. Now he’s still worth 2 first rounders but he’s uncontracted. If we’ve traded our first rounder then they can only accept 2021 future first rounder plus change or he walks to the PSD (i get that anyone can pick him up there) and they lose him for nothing.
We can force their hand this year

tried telling people zones (NGA) were the most f’ed thing ever

Especially when some clubs have the entire central Australia region while we get the area between Dandenong and Frankston but not the actual areas that would have anyone living in them of an alternative background. Only we could have our NGA in the most white area in Australia.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Especially when some clubs have the entire central Australia region while we get the area between Dandenong and Frankston but not the actual areas that would have anyone living in them of an alternative background. Only we could have our NGA in the most white area in Australia.
maybe we could get some 'alt right'ers? do they qualify?

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I think ours is referred to as WGA.

WhiskySaint

All Australian
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
So after doing the bare minimum research the players that I’m keen on are Ash, Kemp, Flanders and Williams.

Am I on the money or have I missed someone or something?

Got to say Flanders sounds like what we need, mid with the ability to burst away from stoppage.

Got to say Flanders sounds like what we need, mid with the ability to burst away from stoppage.
Looks a likely type 👍🏻

Back