Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, Doggies got thumped, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They were + Lions šŸ¦ were massacred. At least both teams had a good crack + the games were enjoyable to watch, until the feet were on their throats.
Also, it was Lionsā€™ first Final in 10 (?) years, only Rich + Dodgey had played Finals.

I still prefer the players making an effort instead of our dour style.

They were + Lions šŸ¦ were massacred. At least both teams had a good crack + the games were enjoyable to watch, until the feet were on their throats.
Also, it was Lionsā€™ first Final in 10 (?) years, only Rich + Dodgey had played Finals.

I still prefer the players making an effort instead of our dour style.

Neale surley played a final at Freo.

He cracked in V Richmond.

How many big tight games have we won either? Always just fall short after the oppo gets off to a good start.

Ignoring team selection, our poor starts must be the first issue to be resolved! + part of that solution includes goal kicking practise! Although, some of the misses were due to Finalsā€™ pressure + nerves. But those misses right in front of goal were deplorable.

This is a 50/50 game for Geelong, but only if we take the game on.
If Scott insists on slow ball movement, and kicking down the line to a contest, we will get smashed.
Getting back to that pre bye game style is our best hope.

Ins: Guthrie, Constable (wont happen) Henderson and Stanley
Outs: Duncan (injured) Atkins, Kolo and Rohan

Hawkins to play CHF, Sav to lead out of the goal square, Dahlaus (whos been taking the piss out of the club) and Narkle have to be the small crumbing forwards and get under the feet of every single Sav lead.
Blicavs back to fullback

Last edited:

Neale played in 7 finals for 3 wins with Freo when they actually made finals between 2013 to 2015

This is a 50/50 game for Geelong, but only if we take the game on.
If Scott insists on slow ball movement, and kicking down the line to a contest, we will get smashed.
Getting back to that pre bye game style is our best hope.

Ins: Guthrie, Constable (wont happen) Henderson and Stanley
Outs: Duncan (injured) Atkins, Kolo and Rohan

Hawkins to play CHF, Sav to lead out of the goal square, Dahlaus (whos been taking the piss out of the club) and Narkle have to be the small crumbing forwards and get under the feet of every single Sav lead.
Blicavs back to fullback
******* LOL at the username :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Just asked Aunty Google, who said:

Neale played seven Finals at Fremantle
2013 - QF2, PF2, GF
2014 - QF1, SF1
2015 - QF1, PF1

Good catch rocker, thank you for pointing it out šŸ˜Š

No one is but the decision was awful and a complete embarrassment. Game plan + Stanley + missed goals 1st qtr = loss

Oh but many are. Including some in the tissues.

I doubt CS instructed the players to not lower their eyes when kicking into the forward half - just give the pill air in order to allow Moore and Howe to have a picnic. I doubt that CS engineered Rohan to put in a shocker. Or Gaz to be ordinary. Or Hawk to miss on four occasions. Or allow time and space for the opposition for the first 15 minutes or so. Or for only one player to step-up when it counted. Et al

There is an admission it was an error to omit Stanley but it wasn't the reason we lost. The players have to take the major part of the heat for that.

I can just see what this weeks masterstroke move will be - following Dustys performance we will camp an on fire Danger at FF for the entire first quarter and hand WC midfield supremacy and an unassailable 5 goal 1/4 time lead..............;)

We shouldn't laugh F2G, your prediction may well manifest as truth šŸ˜„šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Watching the replay - i do think a few of the Geel players will be better for the experience - Narkle - Sav

With Sav - you have to give credit to Moore and Howe - their o/head marking was brilliant - made it very tough for him

Sav might be another Stephen Reynoldson re o/head marking - they either stick or they dont ( marks like a champion 1 week and next week he is hopeless ) so lets hope Sav has sticky fingers this week

Eagles had a walk in the park against Ess after being flogged the week before by Hawthorn . Geelong did finish the game well - they never gave up - if only Geelong could start a game reasonably - then after watching the Magpies replay( you notice more in the replay ) i would tend to give them a chance - but they are deadset hopeless in 1st qtrs ( re finals )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay - i do think a few of the Geel players will be better for the experience - Narkle - Sav

With Sav - you have to give credit to Moore and Howe - their o/head marking was brilliant - made it very tough for him

Sav might be another Stephen Reynoldson re o/head marking - they either stick or they dont ( marks like a champion 1 week and next week he is hopeless ) so lets hope Sav has sticky fingers this week

Eagles had a walk in the park against Ess after being flogged the week before by Hawthorn . Geelong did finish the game well - they never gave up - if only Geelong could start a game reasonably - then after watching the Magpies replay( you notice more in the replay ) i would tend to give them a chance - but they are deadset hopeless in 1st qtrs ( re finals )

I have not watched the replay.

Was there as many HTBs to us not paid has i thought watching it live .
At least 5 in the last quarter.

Not saying it why we lost but saying they missed afew.

I have not watched the replay.

Was there as many HTBs to us not paid has i thought watching it live .
At least 5 in the last quarter.

Not saying it why we lost but saying they missed afew.

No i didnt think the umpires had any bearing on it in the last qtr

There was 50-50 where very technically Kolo could have been penalised for over the shoulder against a Coll forward 30 metres out - so they didnt pay that - but they could have

Moores o/head marking was outstanding ( reminiscent of his father ) plus Howe and Roughhead . I know McGovern and Barass are very good - but i dont know if they could have played any better than the Coll key backs. I just have this funny feeling with Sav - that he will be so much for that experience he had Frid night - because he was under ernormous pressure - i just think he will go so much better against the Eagles

No i didnt think the umpires had any bearing on it in the last qtr

There was 50-50 where very technically Kolo could have been penalised for over the shoulder against a Coll forward 30 metres out - so they didnt pay that - but they could have

Moores o/head marking was outstanding ( reminiscent of his father ) plus Howe and Roughhead . I know McGovern and Barass are very good - but i dont know if they could have played any better than the Coll key backs. I just have this funny feeling with Sav - that he will be so much for that experience he had Frid night - because he was under ernormous pressure - i just think he will go so much better against the Eagles

I said to mrs Rocker last time we played WC we did a big one from Sav cant let Gov taking intercept marks.
He and Milers were pretty good that night.
Rohan was alright aswell.

If people are expecting great changes in the playing style, they are going to be bitterly disappointed.

Scott and his team, and the players probably, will look at the Pie loss and think that it wasn't as bad as many of us think it was. !0 minutes or so into the second quarter, we were down 46-10 and looking like we were heading for a drubbing...

After that we outscored the Pies 41-15.....they will make a few adjustments, hope they kick straight, and go in with a similar game plan....adding Stanley and Guthrie ( if fit..otherwise Parsons!! ) and bob's your uncle.

Hold on to your hat Cat fans.

Hello, I hope I'm not intruding. I just wanted to say that I feel terrible about everything that is going on with the finals venues and as a club that has been screwed out of finals by AFL I really feel for you guys.

I hope after this season their is a huge uproar about it and AFL decides Geelong will play all home finals at KP from next year. It took a similar situation with Brisbane v Geelong in 2004 and the fallout from that for the AFL to finally change the agreement around finals.
If we qualify I would love to see us play the first and second rounds (elim/qual and semis) at Kardinia Park, but would prefer to play the Prelim at the MCG.

Oh but many are. Including some in the tissues.

I doubt CS instructed the players to not lower their eyes when kicking into the forward half - just give the pill air in order to allow Moore and Howe to have a picnic. I doubt that CS engineered Rohan to put in a shocker. Or Gaz to be ordinary. Or Hawk to miss on four occasions. Or allow time and space for the opposition for the first 15 minutes or so. Or for only one player to step-up when it counted. Et al

There is an admission it was an error to omit Stanley but it wasn't the reason we lost. The players have to take the major part of the heat for that.

With the greatest respect the Stanley omission virtually guaranteed Grundy would be in their top 3 which he definitely was. The writing was on the wall for Blitz when Stef Martin manhandled and dominated him.
Grundys performance had a very strong bearing on the outcome , thatā€™s pretty much undeniable unless youā€™re on our coaching staff who seem incapable of working out which of the opposition had an influence

Maybe I saw it differently but I didnā€™t think there was a lack of urgency last night. The issue was dropped marks, poor skills, lack of communication between players and an insistence on slowing the game/slow ball movement when we did win the ball or take a mark whereas Collingwood was constantly looking to handball off to a runner or switch play.

My 2c is that itā€™s really easy to say ā€˜we didnā€™t come to playā€™ or ā€˜we werenā€™t switched on.ā€™

Iā€™ve recently rewatched the first quarter of the 2017 QF v Richmond, 2017 prelim v Crows and 2018 EF v Melbourne (sucker for punishment). In all of these games plus last night it was the same story. ā€˜Effortā€™ and workrate has been fine but weā€™ve been unskilled, slow and undisciplined.
I keep rewatching the semi vs Sydney 2017 (probably our best game of that year), and wonder how did they turn that on? Whatever movie Scott got them to watch, or threats he made or something weird to smoke he needs to do it again.

I keep rewatching the semi vs Sydney 2017 (probably our best game of that year), and wonder how did they turn that on? Whatever movie Scott got them to watch, or threats he made or something weird to smoke he needs to do it again.

Sooooo..... Dangerfield to FF at the opening bounce on Friday night?

For a guy even the coach admitted relies on confidence to play well, I feel we've really thrown Stanley under a bus.

Win or lose next week, if he's picked, I really hope (and expect) he plays a blinder. Then if he's tempted to lift his middle finger after the game towards the coach's box, then I doubt few here (or the players) would be annoyed.
If he plays a blinder, and we win then I doubt the coach will mind the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back