Preview Rd 23 Geelong V West Coast Sat Aug 20 435 Pm 2022 @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm correct in saying that Esava hasn't played in the senior team since our Round 3 win over Collingwood.

In that game, the Pies got a run on in the 3rd quarter, kicking 9 out of 10 goals to get out to a 36 point lead. At the very next centre bounce, Esava injured his ankle, and went off the ground playing no further part in the game. From that moment on (literally within seconds of that injury), the Cats kicked 8 goals in a row, with the Pies kicking just one behind for the entire final quarter.

Now clearly, there are other aspects at play for that turnaround, but I think a big part of our renaissance this year is a different style of play that Esava does not fit into.
Stewart missed 4 consecutive games a month ago against North, Melbourne, Carlton and Port (away). We should drop him immediately because clearly his absence was the reason we won all those games.

Stewart missed 4 consecutive games a month ago against North, Melbourne, Carlton and Port (away). We should drop him immediately because clearly his absence was the reason we won all those games.
Sounds good, and surely he should have been made to come back via the VFL where he was made to earn his spot in the senior team

Laughing my head off at the level of teeth gnashing and wailing over Esava’s selection. And all the arm chair experts whining about it (like spoilt babies) are the same geniuses who were calling for Zuthrie to be delisted 10 months ago. This board gets dumber by the year.

Result irrelevant - those that come into the team have a good hit out, and those rested or out work studiously on recovery, no injuries and move on. By the way - think the new Essendon President might set a record for the shortest term ever , that presser was that far from leadership it was a joke. Basically doesn’t support anyone, and seems to think you can get a Premiership without people and trust. Made me even more grateful for our club - good luck to the coaching group this go round - let’s finish it off this year.

I loved Cats89 letting it all hang out re Scott in September since 2012. I wouldn't have been game to write it, because I don't want another clip around the ear from Kobe.

However maybe the simple truth is that all those teams simply were't good enough.

The current team is the best we've had for some years and after 12 wins on the trot you would think the coaching team knows very well - and will stick to - what has been working so well for us. We all know what that is - the inclusion of youth and quick ball movement.

As for Sav, I thought he might play to give SDK a rest and that could still happen. I would have liked to see Neale get a game, as I don't agree that he is not fit enough yet - from memory he has a reasonable 400 m time to his credit. I can't see Ceglar in finals given his very limited game exposure this season, unless - perish the thought - the worst happens and we lose both Blicavs and Stanley.

Not sure why so many are surprised at Sav coming in - Scott loves the bloke.

I suspect it's been the plan all along to squeeze Stanley and Cameron out, with Sav to cover both of them in a ruck/forward role. This has the added benefit of allowing us to bring in either Dahlhaus or Higgins for a little extra run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved Cats89 letting it all hang out re Scott in September since 2012. I wouldn't have been game to write it, because I don't want another clip around the ear from Kobe.

However maybe the simple truth is that all those teams simply were't good enough.

The current team is the best we've had for some years and after 12 wins on the trot you would think the coaching team knows very well - and will stick to - what has been working so well for us. We all know what that is - the inclusion of youth and quick ball movement.

As for Sav, I thought he might play to give SDK a rest and that could still happen. I would have liked to see Neale get a game, as I don't agree that he is not fit enough yet - from memory he has a reasonable 400 m time to his credit. I can't see Ceglar in finals given his very limited game exposure this season, unless - perish the thought - the worst happens and we lose both Blicavs and Stanley.
You would think after 10 years of incredible home and away success followed by one of the worst finals record of all time and regularly bizzarre team selections leading into the first final we would stop putting our trust in the idea that the MC knows what they are doing leading into finals.

make a mistake once? Fair enough. Make the same mistake twice? Thats on us. Make the mistake 10 times? ******.

atleast a large chunk of the coaching panel has changed. But the MC? Have zero faith in them. Zip.

So almost certain Cegs will come in and Henry to go forward with SAV playing back.

But not convinced they will rest DK (young and fresh and has a bye coming up). So I don’t know who will be the late out?

If it wasn’t DK who would you think comes out to bring Cegs in (not a straight swap)

Maybe kolo? (To allow sav to shift to defence and ceglar in)

Thats if he plays in defence tomorrow
I am “sure” they will (for whatever my opinion is worth). assuming cegs past concussion protocols he will come in for someone allowing the switching around.
given Henry ability to play forward they are best to try that again as it might be a useful ploy in finals as needed.

have to keep Sav back now they have done it over past few weeks (noting vfl coach comment that it has changed Sav whole outlook!)

Duncan has an actual injury not just being rested. Regardless of how serious the injuries are because geelong injury reports are like state secrets during the Cold War. It’s 3 very important players who have injury concerns heading into the finals so not ideal.
Stanley and Duncan are important players but if Cameron doesn’t play at least the 2nd and 3rd finals we won’t win.

Game day… last regular season one

Go Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back