Coach Shaun Grigg departs to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm okay with it if they've done an apprenticeship elsewhere. Grown as a person, picked up some new ideas, and seen how other clubs operate.

Not a big fan of what we did with Scarlo & Enright though, basically coming in straight after retirement. In what way does that make you better? It's just the same people and ideas you've had for years on end.

The club by all reports was a much better place in late '21 & 22, and largely due to having a new coaching staff on board. It felt fresh and new again, and probably happier due to Scarlett's departure.

Champion player, and forever grateful for what he did on the field...but he's an absolutely rubbish human being. Don't want him anywhere near the club.

I agree about Enright, but what would you have liked us to do differently in regards to Scarlett?

Following his retirement in 2012, he joined the Western Bulldogs as a development coach, and then signed with South Barwon

Scarlett returned as an assistant coach at Geelong at the end of 2015, so 3 seasons after he retired. Maybe he could have gained additional coaching experience at another club, but he didn't go directly from playing to coaching at the club

We actually haven't had a Geelong coach who played for Geelong since 1988.

Haven't expended much energy on this, but who was the last premiership coach to have played for that club? I'm guessing Roos and Worsfold?
Luke Beveridge 2016.

Last time we got a Stevens he got stabbed in the guts!!
Fortunately that was Jack Steven, not Stevens, the last Stevens we technically "drafted" and wasn't traded in from another club was Phil Stevens who played 120 games for us between 1968 to 1975.

We did also have a Jack Stevens, 14 games between 1950 and 1953.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back