Roast IF it isn't biased or ncompetent..... THEN it must be inciteful media coverage part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melbourne Demons have only had one players in their entire history (Neitz) reach 300, so that can be a misleading stat

Apologies to David Mundy. Two players with 300+

And as far as it can be a misleading stat ... who cares if it is? I just wanna stick it up the Vics! :)

Anything to try to show them how it is still just a VFL+ it is not a true national comp.

Apologies to David Mundy. Two players with 300+

And as far as it can be a misleading stat ... who cares if it is? I just wanna stick it up the Vics! :)

Anything to try to show them how it is still just a VFL+ it is not a true national comp.
I actually don't like the whole 'shorten careers' thing - it makes the prospect of playing for/ staying at West Coast sound less attractive for non-WA guys.

The fact that we don't have any 300 gamers - yet - is irrelevant. It's pretty rare, and as above, teams like Melbourne only have 1 over a hundred odd years. Freo already have more. It's likely 1 or more of Hurn, Gaff or Darling will get there for us.

But I'm on totally onboard complaining about the misuse of 'interstate teams' :)

I actually don't like the whole 'shorten careers' thing - it makes the prospect of playing for/ staying at West Coast sound less attractive for non-WA guys.

The fact that we don't have any 300 gamers - yet - is irrelevant. It's pretty rare, and as above, teams like Melbourne only have 1 over a hundred odd years. Freo already have more. It's likely 1 or more of Hurn, Gaff or Darling will get there for us.

But I'm on totally onboard complaining about the misuse of 'interstate teams' :)
I don't mind referring to 'interstate teams'. There are 16 of them, after all.

We have two, Mitchell and Petrie...

Shuey a massive chance to get there as well imo.

Player Games (W-D-L) Age
Hurn, Shannon 268 (159-1-108) 32y 1d
Kennedy, Josh 220 (125-1-94) 32y 11d
Masten, Chris 214 (122-1-91) 30y 126d
Shuey, Luke 200 (128-1-71) 29y 95d
Gaff, Andrew 196 (123-1-72) 27y 81d
Darling, Jack 195 (125-1-69) 27y 84d

If Hurn doesn't get it then Gaff or Darling are next best placed to crack 300 IMO

Shuey's body won't hold up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good point but I don't think us discussing it here is going to be a factor in a player not coming to Perth - they are likely to know it already if they have done any level of 'due diligence'. My point was more that WA players suffer because they are always on and off planes, delayed rehab etc while say Coll or Ess players are safely tucked up in their own bed, with their own family, doing rehab at their own club etc etc. (And don't get me started on WA teams taking two flights to get to Tas.) It does have an effect and I was only trying to find some way of quantifying it.
I take the point that Melbourne hasn't had a 300 game player BUT note the AFL stats only cover 1965-2019 - which is collectively about the same as the Dockers/Eagles combined.

As for the travel factor, it is obviously much more of an issue for WA teams and I am surprised that there's been no public discussion about possible remedial measures. Like, for example, what about games involving WA teams could be two games played on a six-day break? E.g. WCE go to Vic and play two Melb teams on a six-day break then head back to WA. Or a Syd side comes to WA and plays both WA teams on a six-day break. Now it may be that the players may not like being separated from their families. But let's discuss possible remedies.

Vic media going instantly nuts about Rioli. They only cover WC when something bad has happened.

9cc.gif

Player Games (W-D-L) Age
Hurn, Shannon 268 (159-1-108) 32y 1d
Kennedy, Josh 220 (125-1-94) 32y 11d
Masten, Chris 214 (122-1-91) 30y 126d
Shuey, Luke 200 (128-1-71) 29y 95d
Gaff, Andrew 196 (123-1-72) 27y 81d
Darling, Jack 195 (125-1-69) 27y 84d

If Hurn doesn't get it then Gaff or Darling are next best placed to crack 300 IMO

Shuey's body won't hold up
I think Hurn and Gaff are the most likely. Gaff if he doesn't leave. I still worry about Darling's feet.

On AFL360 tonight: most at stake - Robbo " West Coast the reigning premiers getting knocked out".

Call me crazy, but I would've thought the side who finished on top going out in straight sets and being beaten by the 5th place side would be a bigger a bigger story.
Wonder if that one got changed last minute ;)

Eagle careers are shorter but sweeter.

Just look at our "best 22 to never win a flag"

Not too many big names in there going their careers without success.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Slightly derailed, but it's been that kind of a day & this got me thinking...

FB: Sheppard Mackenzie Wellingham
HB: Nicoski Glendinning Morrison
C: Gaff Priddis Rosa
HF: Donnelly Gehrig Hill
FF: Matera Cummings Brown
R: Naitanui Selwood Ebert
I: Gardiner Staker Sampi McGinnity

Would destroy the Freo 25 Year team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back