Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 12

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we really think Adelaide is going to improve their performance because they got rid of Pyke?

This is a case of a club knowing that they are going to be down the bottom of the ladder for awhile while they adjust their entire list recruitment and retention strategy to reflect the modern version of the game. Ricciuto said it himself - they thought they were close after 2017 and on the right path, but they've drifted further and further away from what is required to win a flag.

Pyke has shown nothing to suggest that he can successfully implement a forward half game plan like 90% of the clubs in the league, including Richmond and Collingwood, build their style around. That's why he's gone, and why the Crows are desperately trying to off load players to get the draft picks they need to reinvent themselves under whoever is unlucky enough to get the gig...because they'll be sacked before they even get close to an opportunity to win a flag again.

The question is though -

Do we really think Port Adelaide is going to improve their performance because they kept Hinkley?

They have 'done' something we will end up doing in another year, you can count on that.

Would you be happy to lose Bassett out of interest, I think i'm about the only one on here who rates him, Ken and him became best buddies, if he leaves then Ken may as well pack up shop.

"Certainly the general pressure that goes with losing games of footy in this town is real. I don't pretend to shy away from that. It's different to other markets, and at times it does become quite draining, especially when you're dealing with the kind of things that, if I say fictional, that would be correct...that we're having to respond to consistently."

You said it Pyke. This is a piss-ant town just like Aurelio Vidmar said.

From AFL.com

Rioli was advised of an adverse finding in the ASADA test - taken on August 20, two days after the Eagles' round 22 match against Richmond.
ASADA has alleged Rioli used a prohibited method to provide a sample for the test

So congratulations to Willie on his pregnancy...

The question is though -

Do we really think Port Adelaide is going to improve their performance because they kept Hinkley?

They have 'done' something we will end up doing in another year, you can count on that.

Would you be happy to lose Bassett out of interest, I think i'm about the only one on here who rates him, Ken and him became best buddies, if he leaves then Ken may as well pack up shop.

Maybe.

The one thing I do know is that whether Hinkley stays or goes, the coach that replaces him won't have to radically overhaul the entire playing list and try to get them playing a style that they aren't suited to just to compete against the top teams.

I rate Bassett for his forward pressure coaching. It's the other side of the ball, which is Chad Cornes' department, that I don't rate. I think we should get rid of him.

Lol we are more mediocre than the Adelaide Football Club now. Never thought I'd see the day
totally agree

how embarrassing for us, we put in worse performances over 4 years and we keep our bloke and they get rid of theirs. Im lost for words

they are more ruthless than us, never thought id see the day.

ill only be happy if they get voss, bassett or roy laird.

The AFL's general counsel Andrew Dillon described the incident as an "adverse analytical finding for urine substitution" and said it could carry a penalty as severe as a four-year ban.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Maybe.

The one thing I do know is that whether Hinkley stays or goes, the coach that replaces him won't have to radically overhaul the entire playing list and try to get them playing a style that they aren't suited to just to compete against the top teams.

I rate Bassett for his forward pressure coaching. It's the other side of the ball, which is Chad Cornes' department, that I don't rate. I think we should get rid of him.

I actually don't mind the idea of Bassett as coach (doesn't pity fools and is a clear communicator), I would think if he plays his cards right and (also something I was told earlier today), we will need a new coach after next year regardless if Ken makes finals (yes that's right) and probably need one with a cost saving.

So I hope the assistants stay put. Exciting list. Crows ain't got that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back