Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has had the better career,Judd or Hodge?
It would seem that there was a turn-around in attitude after the change in coach.
But clearly that wasn't enough to get another contract.
Fair enough but to be fair there seemed to be a turn around in attitude from a number of senior players after the change in coach.

Hey Healer, I've got better things to do than go to the trouble of setting up an account to pull a few stories together to create a BS post just to chase some likes. Like I said I am a long time reader and I appeciate the info that people share here, unfortunatly I am far from ITK and have little to offer in this regard but these were a few things that i took from the night that I thought others might also find interesting.
My apologies shark, perhaps I am getting too cynical and not so trusting.

I think with another pre season, and having seen he 'belongs' at this level, Gibbons hopefully transitions into more of midfielder.
Totally agree that he is in our best 22.

💯 percent.

Kicks both feet, is in our top 5 runners at the club, gets to contests and creates perceived pressure, and he copied my haircut

Keep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If end up with Pap, Martin, Betts and bulter how does the team for rd1 look. No forgetting we still have doc, marchy, cunners, curnow and Jones to come back in.. some favourites might be on the outer
I keep thinking the same about losing a few favourites. The club may keep Eddie coming back home till majority of our trades are done. We lose a few but "hey Eddie's back in the navy blue" trick?
I for one could see this happening.

How does the low dollars thing work then? He's happy to re-do the contract?

That's been implied in quite a few articles, which makes me think we've put it out there "off the record".

Two year deal at GC or one year on a reduced contract with us. Basically says we're happy to have him if he wants to come home, but its on our terms.

Seems pretty obvious that Gibbons is being judged for the path he had to take to make the big league and vice versa for other young players.. was a very impressive first season. Easily ahead of Fisher, for instance, on the back of 2019 and looking towards 2020.

I think a major flaw in SPP’s game has been overlooked - aside from his kicking and off-field flaws, he has very little in the way of footy ‘smarts’. Not many players make it these days without it

💯 percent.

Kicks both feet, is in our top 5 runners at the club, gets to contests and creates perceived pressure, and he copied my haircut

Keep
Call me old fashioned, but doesn't Dusty Martin's haircut look ridiculous. (from someone that still 'styles' his hair like Sid Vicious)

Eddie on a low contract makes sense. I would assume though that there would be some pretty nice incentives if he has a good year. That would mean he won't necessarily miss out at all compared to Adelaide assuming he can meet agreed performance targets. Would, also, likely be some goodwill arrangements to ensure his continued employment at the club post his playing days - Eddie is the sort of person with a proven record that would be great to have around the club imparting his knowledge and outlook on life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back