Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We really are in no position to mock a club like Norf though, given how bad we have been since 2002. They very nearly snagged Gaff last year, so they must be doing something right..

There is also the Rhyce Shaw at the Swans connection too.
Let's try and be a bit more humble till Papley (hopefully) nominates us.

Fully agree we are in no position to but smart people would see a lot of potential in CFC at the moment. A fall or two before achieving something makes it that much sweeter and there hasn’t been much bigger falls than that of CFC...get it right and it Will be a hell of ride to be apart of.

OMG, I had forgotten that story.

Dustin Martin described him as 'too loose'....:eek:

....Based on that alone I take back everything I said about it being worth a shot!

Richmond really dodged a bullet there.

Passed on Bennell. Traded in Yarran.

Last edited:
I don't buy that, they re-signed him twice when it was far easier to cut him then couldn't have given him a more glowing recommendation on the way out.

The rest might be true, but the way Freo handled him doesn't line up with the bolded.

Freo pre Peter Bell

Freo after Peter Bell started calling the shots.

Problem was always there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too high a risk.

Don't like bringing this up again, but I've seen nothing yet that this club is capable of getting the most out of its recruits.
Garlett was a talent also, but from what I saw, had better games for GC than he did with us.

Once we get our development program in order and our Northern Blues looks like a good training ground, then maybe we can start taking such risks.

Every club needs a project player.

I was lucky enough to see this bloke as a junior absolutely rip teams to shreads, took hangars, left or right, fearless and extra smart. The glitz and glamour of the Gold Coast and then Perth fish bowl has taken a toll. He is still a good kid and loves footy.

SOS knows all about him (Ross Lyon) so we will see!

I love the Bennell story where the Tigers paid for his flight to Melbourne to do an interview. He arrived proceeded to go straight out partying and then turned up 4 hours late for his interview the next day.

After the head of football reluctantly agree to talk to him the first thing he said was how much are youse guys going to pay me😂.

Anyone who thinks recruiting Bennell would be a good idea honestly have rocks in their heads.

It's not just the persistent injuries he's always had, including missing footy basically for several years now.

It's his professionalism and attitude that's the problem...simply doesn't have the dedication and work ethic to make it, would prefer to party until late hours and do drugs rather than do all the little things required to get his body right for the rigors of AFL.

SOS cut guys like Jaksch & Boekhorst for their lack of professionalism and work ethic despite their undoubted talent.

Every club needs a project player.

I was lucky enough to see this bloke as a junior absolutely rip teams to shreads, took hangars, left or right, fearless and extra smart. The glitz and glamour of the Gold Coast and then Perth fish bowl has taken a toll. He is still a good kid and loves footy.

SOS knows all about him (Ross Lyon) so we will see!

Have you seen Finbar? :)

Of course, if all the signals point in the right direction it's worth putting on the table for discussion, at least.

Notwithstanding all the rumours of personal issues, whether they are true or false, my understand is Gibb's partner was very, very motivated to get back to SA. They've now been married nearly a year. They have a young child (and another on the way before Rd 1 2020). There's the potential that if Gibbs came back to us that they wouldn't follow him. That just opens up a massive can of worms in my book.

Marcou left Fabulous behind the second time

Interesting risk assessment

I agree in terms of talent, is gifted, but there are huge question marks on his body and mindset

Lowish risk, massive rewards in terms of currency, but what are the risks to our young group?

Huge if he is still partaking... but more than a few people are intimating that he is reformed. Reformed addicts are often the best people to have around young people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back