Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd go with 25% for the 1st Academy or F/S pick a club uses in a draft (of either sort, so if do both, only the one done first gets the discount), then 10% for any subsequent ones (of either sort). That's still enough incentive to build academies. And if 10% discount isn't enough motivation for our players/ex-players to 'get jiggy' with their WAG's, throw in free meals or drinks at the Port club. :D

I’d go with 0% discount because being in a position to only pay the exact draft value of your player is incentive enough to do academies (as is the fact that other clubs are doing it and you have to compete.

Always taking something that is broken and picking the one thing that works to tack on some gaffer tape.

Nothing wrong with the discount

It’s the flaming obvious * up s**t like expan teams having access to f/s of afl players in academies meant to develop players, expan teams having access to Vic country players already in private elite coaching systems, Vic teams plucking guys from tac cup teams with non traditional or indigenous backgrounds (and metro) and claiming them as NGA instead of finding and developing other kids not in the system or on the fringes, and teams claiming the son of a rivals ******* 4 time premiership captain because he happened to spend 12 minutes overseas.

Watch these campaigners ignore all that is ******* wrong with the system and slap a bandaid on a part that doesn’t even need to be looked at.

Always taking something that is broken and picking the one thing that works to tack on some gaffer tape.

Nothing wrong with the discount

It’s the flaming obvious fu** up s**t like expan teams having access to f/s of afl players in academies meant to develop players, expan teams having access to Vic country players already in private elite coaching systems, Vic teams plucking guys from tac cup teams with non traditional or indigenous backgrounds (and metro) and claiming them as NGA instead of finding and developing other kids not in the system or on the fringes, and teams claiming the son of a rivals ******* 4 time premiership captain because he happened to spend 12 minutes overseas.

Watch these campaigners ignore all that is ******* wrong with the system and slap a bandaid on a part that doesn’t even need to be looked at.
Hear hear

Lol as soon as non Victorian clubs started to benefit the AFL were always going to crack down. Lower the academy discount but keep the F/S I reckon.

Lol as soon as non Victorian clubs started to benefit the AFL were always going to crack down. Lower the academy discount but keep the F/S I reckon.
If they get rid of F/S just when we finally get a crack it would be a dead set joke already different rules to Vic clubs. If this happens and we just say well yeah fair enough I'll explode.

RESERVES:
Sturt 6.9 (45) defeated by Woodville-West Torrens 14.7 (91)

Jackson Mead
(19 touches, five inside 50s, two marks, three clearances and two rebounds

Jackson might be playing against Norwood .. watch it live here

2019 SANFL Reserves Grand Final - Norwood v Eagles

Scheduled for 22 Sep 2019 11:25am

Jackson Mead selected to play in Reserves Grand Final

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mead Hoping to follow in dads footsteps.
Dad has that connection with Port and it would be nice to follow in his footsteps, : says Power father-son prospect Jackson Mead
Advertiser Paywall

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...e/news-story/f845c02902fb777307e3fa9500169390

Top Port Adelaide father-son prospect Jackson Mead says the club is playing its cards close to its chest and not making any promises about making him a Power player next month.
Mead — in Melbourne for the AFL draft combine — met with Port officials on Wednesday but said they had not guaranteed drafting him, although this appears likely.
“There’s no promises,’’ Mead said.
“It was my first formal meeting with them and they didn't give too much away, it was more of a general conversation.
“I know it's a possibility to go there and I hope to have a more formal chat with them after the trade period but at this stage I haven't been given any guarantees.’’

Mead, 18 and strongly-built at 184cm and 83kg, is the blue-chip prospect.
A member of Port’s father/son academy, he was best afield in last year’s under-18 SANFL grand final, kicking four goals from 21 disposals, and shone at this year’s AFL under-18 championships.
His averages of 21.2 disposals, three clearances and five tackles earnt him All-Australian honours.
Mead, who played two league games for Woodville-West Torrens in rounds 14 and 16, said it would be a dream come true to play for the team he grew up supporting.

SA under-18 coach Tony Bamford is certain Port will match a bid for Mead, describing him as “a very good player’’.
“He’s a midfielder who has really good ability to go forward, mark and convert in front of goal,’’ he said.
“I’d say he’s as good a forward as he is a midfielder. He wins first possession, has a big, strong body inside and understands the game really well.
“He’s fiercely determined, strong in the contest, has safe hands, tackles hard and is just a really solid player.’’

What in the actual f*** !?! So Darryl 'Daisy' Borlase's son is tied to the crows and is a potential top 10 pick next year. How the hell is this even able to happen ?!? 😡

Remove this Banner Ad

Back