Toast Esava

Remove this Banner Ad

And....he's just 21....What a future he has in front of him...

They should be doing everything they can to develop him... his kicking could be a lot better ..get the best kicking coach to spend the summer with him..it will take a while but the investment will pay you back by the time we want him to be THE #1 forward.

Stats File

Ratugolea ranked 17th in the AFL for contested marks, a strong result given his status as Geelong’s second tall target.

The 34 contested marks for the year placed Ratugolea second at Geelong, just four behind All Australian Tom Hawkins.

Contested Marks
Tom J.
Lynch

Aaron Naughton
Western Bulldogs

Jeremy McGovern
West Coast Eagles

Harry McKay
Carlton

Jack Darling
West Coast Eagles

Josh Bruce
St Kilda

Max Gawn
Melbourne

Daniel McStay
Brisbane Lions

Ben McEvoy
Hawthorn

Levi Casboult
Carlton

Tom Hawkins
Geelong Cats

Shaun McKernan
Essendon

Oscar McInerney
Brisbane Lions

Sam Reid
Sydney Swans

Brody Mihocek
Collingwood

Ben Brown
North Melbourne

Esava Ratugolea
Geelong Cats

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2019-10-14/season-in-review-ratugolea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats File

Ratugolea ranked 17th in the AFL for contested marks, a strong result given his status as Geelong’s second tall target.

The 34 contested marks for the year placed Ratugolea second at Geelong, just four behind All Australian Tom Hawkins.

Contested Marks
Tom J.
Lynch

Aaron Naughton
Western Bulldogs

Jeremy McGovern
West Coast Eagles

Harry McKay
Carlton

Jack Darling
West Coast Eagles

Josh Bruce
St Kilda

Max Gawn
Melbourne

Daniel McStay
Brisbane Lions

Ben McEvoy
Hawthorn

Levi Casboult
Carlton

Tom Hawkins
Geelong Cats

Shaun McKernan
Essendon

Oscar McInerney
Brisbane Lions

Sam Reid
Sydney Swans

Brody Mihocek
Collingwood

Ben Brown
North Melbourne

Esava Ratugolea
Geelong Cats

https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2019-10-14/season-in-review-ratugolea
didn't realise Sam Reid took so many.

Potential personified - fantastic to be where he is now after such a serious injury.
Needs to play more as a forward from 2020 and hone those skills in preparation for taking over the mantle from Tom in a few years.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't mind the idea of his career developing along the same tangent it is now. As the 2nd Tall/2nd Ruck. He can be just as valuable around the ground as he is dangerous close to goal. I think ultimately though he will end up being used in the place we need him most.

I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't mind the idea of his career developing along the same tangent it is now. As the 2nd Tall/2nd Ruck. He can be just as valuable around the ground as he is dangerous close to goal. I think ultimately though he will end up being used in the place we need him most.
I think he'll be used in the place the coaching team thinks he's needed most.
I think this won't be the same place that some posters think he's needed most.
Wherever it may be.

Damn. I had him replacing Blicavs on the wing.:(
Best to give yourself 3 options, say X, Y and Z, then wait until the coaching group makes its choice.
That's what a lot of posters are doing in their tiny little hummingbird brains.
That way they have 100% of 2 options after the coaching group makes its wrong choice.

Best to give yourself 3 options, say X, Y and Z, then wait until the coaching group makes its choice.
That's what a lot of posters are doing in their tiny little hummingbird brains.
That way they have 100% of 2 options after the coaching group makes its wrong choice.

Shotgun posting....make outlandish and or controversial judgements on multiple players or situations, then wait with fingers crossed hoping you get one right, and while this seeds some discontent (!) its worth it, so when you snag one you can pat yourself on the back as an expert while telling other posters that they are comparatively not very good at spotting talent or understanding situations.

Tried and true method....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back