Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are offering a decent size contract for Keath, I don't see why you wouldn't slide back 10 places and get bother Keath and Bruce. Those early 2nd round picks are handy because it's the start of day 2 and people offer overs for their targets there.

what else can the dogs offer?

unless adelaide wants to somehow involve 4 in the deal to slide down the draft i dont really see how thats going to work (using 13 and a future 1st from the dogs)((obviously with a lot more thought gone in then me on the train))

If I’m power right now I’m offering pick 32+45 for Bruce. Get that done today.

Then hold firm. 51+53 original offer for Keath and then add a favourable 2020 pick swap (Dogs 2020 3rd for Ade 2020 4th).

Push the Keath deal as late as possible. He’s uncontracted, Adelaide managed his injury poorly, he’s the one we should be delaying.

people acting like pick 13 in this draft is worth pick 3 in last years draft. Its a flat draft people. Picks 1-2 clear. Picks 3-10 clear. the next 10-15 are level as well. crazy

people acting like pick 13 in this draft is worth pick 3 in last years draft. Its a flat draft people. Picks 1-2 clear. Picks 3-10 clear. the next 10-15 are level as well. crazy

you are on the western bulldogs board so settle down for a start.

dogs clearly rate someone who will be available at 13 and not 23 pretty simple not too hard to grasp

If I’m power right now I’m offering pick 32+45 for Bruce. Get that done today.

Then hold firm. 51+53 original offer for Keath and then add a favourable 2020 pick swap (Dogs 2020 3rd for Ade 2020 4th).

Push the Keath deal as late as possible. He’s uncontracted, Adelaide managed his injury poorly, he’s the one we should be delaying.

If that’s how it gets done, 32 and 45 for Bruce is overs and the other is unders.
32 and 53 for Bruce. 45 and 51 for Keath would please both you’d think.

If that’s how it gets done, 32 and 45 for Bruce is overs and the other is unders.
32 and 53 for Bruce. 45 and 51 for Keath would please both you’d think.

I’m guessing we have offered that. And it’s been rejected.

All guesswork but I’d prioritise the contracted player with more exposed form in Bruce. Adelaide are shambles right now so I’d use it to our advantage.

Over the past 7 drafts it’s fair to say that we have at least 5 players who would be in the top 5 chosen in there respective draft. Let’s go through it.

2012 - Macrae (Yes)
2013 - Bont (Yes)
2015 - Dunkley (Yes)
2017 - Naughton (Yes)
2018 - Smith (Yes)

We also have players like Daniel and English who would be close to top 10 too.

We value draft picks higher than what other clubs do. Basically we have nailed our top selection every time. Even Stringer as well.

Pick 13 to us is a top 10 pick for others.

We have to hold on to 13 now, would look pretty silly if we dealt it after all the other trades have unfolded. Unless it was a godfather offer....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints paying Howard up to $600k/year ... lol
So he's cheaper than Keath and Bruce?
Led the comp in 1%ers in 2018. The kid's going to be a gun KPD, and that's what they cost.

Was mentioned yesterday we were in deep talks with Port so I’m thinking:
For

29 goes to St Kilda for Bruce.

Just a guess though
Could happen if they're really, really keen on one particular player (like McAsey), but otherwise it's unlikely to happen without good incentive. I'd expect that at the very least we'd need to throw in Pick 45

For

Just a guess though
They have Mead to cover with points so it's not a bad club to talk to.

I would hop we consider 3 x 3rds to Hawks for pick 30. Gives them a points boost for Finn McGuinness.

So he's cheaper than Keath and Bruce?
Led the comp in 1%ers in 2018. The kid's going to be a gun KPD, and that's what they cost.

Yeah it’s fair enough for Howard.

Saints have blown a lot of cap space though. They offered Jones a substantially better deal than anyone else.

Bruce has to go, Steven ain’t enough space relief.

For

Just a guess though

Ports next pick after 29 is 66 maybe 32 and 51 for 29?

it’s been reported widely we will not trade 13 can’t see us budging now

Yeah it’s fair enough for Howard.

Saints have blown a lot of cap space though. They offered Jones a substantially better deal than anyone else.

Bruce has to go, Steven ain’t enough space relief.
I don't think Bruce is going for the cap space, there' just no room for all the talls they have down there.
Ryder in means Marshall will spend time forward, and they need to get games into Max King.

They have Mead to cover with points so it's not a bad club to talk to.

I would hop we consider 3 x 3rds to Hawks for pick 30. Gives them a points boost for Finn McGuinness.
Good point. Port have 12, 18, 29 then 4 fourths with very few points attached.
Maybe our three thirds for 29 then 29 for Bruce and 35 for Keath.

Good point. Port have 12, 18, 29 then 4 fourths with very few points attached.
Maybe our three thirds for 29 then 29 for Bruce and 35 for Keath.
I'd be over the moon with that.

Ask Adelaide for a future 3rd or 4th on the way out.

Going to be super awkward for us if we miss out on both targets considering how important they will be for our structure. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back