List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily. The early picks tend to be pushed backwards, but by around pick #30 it evens out, and by pick #40 they actually tend to move forwards in the draft, as the earlier picks are burned off by matching bids.
Lets just say, 14 months out , with all those players ...no-one really knows if all the players kick on ...and it becomes a real chook raffle

stop being afc apologist and tell it as it is.
his on $650k a year we are paying $300k for him to play for geelong and got nothing in return.

*i think most afc supporters wouldve prefered to watch him rot in the sanfl than the deal we did with geelong.
Quit making things up.

The reports were that he was on $2.2M over 4 years, an average of $550k per year. Further, that was reported to be front loaded, so he was getting around $650k in the first 2 years, and $450k in the last 2 years.

He's not on anything close to $650k next year, and we're not paying $300k.

There’s a lot of holes on the list now that need to be filled by next season;

- backup Ruck
- key position defenders
- 188cm+ midfielders

And they still haven’t recruited a small quick defender in years as a backup/long-term replacement for Luke Brown.

No think they forgot GC have an extended list and can afford to carry extra players, If Martin pushes the PSD GC will have first pick,
GC won’t do that ... they won’t pay someone who doesn’t want to be there. Mind you if Melbourne have the cap space they might just cut Carlton lunch

stop being afc apologist and tell it as it is.
his on $650k a year we are paying $300k for him to play for geelong and got nothing in return.

*i think most afc supporters wouldve prefered to watch him rot in the sanfl than the deal we did with geelong.
Come on. If the extra $300k that we have shed allows us to free up cash for Brad Crouch and others then it was a necessary deal.

This was clearly a salary dump trade period. Jacobs, Keath, Greenwood, Betts, CEY. We chose to dump them and free up cash.

- backup Ruck
- key position defenders
- 188cm+ midfielders

And they still haven’t recruited a small quick defender in years as a backup/long-term replacement for Luke Brown.

- backup Ruck : Frampton
- key position defenders : draft
- 188cm+ midfielders : should have got Bonar

I’d play Murphy in defence as the small defender

No think they forgot GC have an extended list and can afford to carry extra players, If Martin pushes the PSD GC will have first pick,

What about salary cap? Do GC really want to match a 4 or 5 year, million dollar contract to a guy that doesn’t want to be there. I would love to see this as the test case. But I suspect the AFL, who are their masters, will not want this to happen so it won’t.

Who is to say Martin won’t just sign the deal and then retire and take the money with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- backup Ruck
- key position defenders
- 188cm+ midfielders

Back up ruck is Strachan, with another likely to come from DFA or rookie draft.

We didn't really lose a KPD as Keath isn't one, but yes it's a huge need IMO. Butts might surprise but it would be unfair to put too much on him.

190cm mids don't grow on trees, agree that's a big need.

GC won’t do that ... they won’t pay someone who doesn’t want to be there. Mind you if Melbourne have the cap space they might just cut Carlton lunch
Maybe it time GC made a stand I believe they would do that. and if the player refuses to play they don't lose any money, Remember the AFL has granted them with an extended list so extra players will not be the issue.

The only concern I have would be depth, We will have the 2 tall Defenders Talia and Hartigan, along with the 3rd in Doedee/Kelly, Depth would be Butts and I believe his 2nd preseason and he would be good for 5-6 games, Be interesting to see if we pick up a Tall defender in Draft or mature age tall defender in rookie draft.
Medium size defenders, we are well and truly covered.
Himmelberg to go back now we have frampton

Quit making things up.

The reports were that he was on $2.2M over 4 years, an average of $550k per year. Further, that was reported to be front loaded, so he was getting around $650k in the first 2 years, and $450k in the last 2 years.

He's not on anything close to $650k next year, and we're not paying $300k.

what reports?

stop being an afc apologist.

So the club has moved on these players who will be the following age during the 2020 season:
Cam Ellis-Yolmen - Age 27
Eddie Betts - Age 33
Sam Jacobs - Age 32
Hugh Greenwood - Age 28
Alex Keath - Age 28
Josh Jenkins - Age 31
That’s an average age of 29.83 for those six players, the majority moved on because the club chose to move them on, list regeneration in full swing, well played AFC.

Edit:
Add the following players:
Richard Douglas (would be great get for the GCS as a player/mentor btw) - Age 33
Andy Otten - Age 31
The average age of the eight players exiting the club now becomes 30.38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
He's just listing who has come off our list at the end of this period and who will come on to it by next season. Not listing the future picks we have either.
Pick 4???? I thought that was the Carlton trade from 2018. To include this as an "IN" this guy would also need to include the "OUTS" (2 picks as I remember)

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

- backup Ruck : Frampton
- key position defenders : draft
- 188cm+ midfielders : should have got Bonar

I’d play Murphy in defence as the small defender

Frampton is a forward!

He’s horrible in the ruck, Himmelberg’s ruck work is a lot better than his.

And we need stronger bodies than ‘draftees’ to hold down back up ruck and key defender spots, which they now only have Butts

- backup Ruck
- key position defenders
- 188cm+ midfielders

Will Hamill is lightning and looking likely with a bit of development and Sholl whilst not super quick is no slower than Brown and should be ready for some action soon and his skills are sublime both sides .

Last edited:
Lets just say, 14 months out , with all those players ...no-one really knows if all the players kick on ...and it becomes a real chook raffle
I don't know how many of those players will make it, and that's really not relevant to the point that I was making.

Consider the following scenario. Team X bids on player A with pick #6. Team Y holds picks #14 and #26, and decides to match the bid.

Pick #6 = 1751pts
Less the 20% NGA/FS discount = 1400pts

Pick #14 = 1161
Pick #26 = 729

Pick #14 moves up to #6, which is a neutral result for all picks in the 15+ range.

Y still requires a further 239pts, which come from #26.
729-239 = 490pts, which equates to pick #37.

So...
Picks 7-13 move down 1 position
Picks 15-25 are unaffected
Picks 27-36 move up 1 position
Picks 37+ are unaffected

Remove this Banner Ad

Back