List Mgmt. Who Won/Lost the 2019 Trade period.

Which team won the 2019 trade period?

• Adelaide

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Carlton

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Essendon

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 24 6.7%
  • Geelong

Votes: 30 8.4%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 9 2.5%
  • GWS

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 29 8.1%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 20 5.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 87 24.4%
  • Sydney

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • West Coast

Votes: 47 13.2%
  • Footscray

Votes: 69 19.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They gave up a second round pick for a bloke who couldn't get a game in a team that finished 11th, played the last month in the SANFL, and who apparently no other club was chasing. I reckon they overpaid.

Gave up a 2nd round pick which we didn't have at the start of the trading period, while adding another 1st and 2nd round draft pick to this year's haul, and basically trading Zac Smith out for Jack Steven. Can't complain with that.

So they're average but you think a 30 year old Steven & Acres are a big loss? I'll accept Bruce is a loss but you're kidding yourself if you think our side hasn't improved after the trade period.

Absolutely improved; pretty much every single player they traded in, slots right into the 22. Very successful trade period for the Saints

Gave up a 2nd round pick which we didn't have at the start of the trading period, while adding another 1st and 2nd round draft pick to this year's haul, and basically trading Zac Smith out for Jack Steven. Can't complain with that.
He is just talking about the jenkins trade. All that other stuff is irrelevant. The answer is that we got the same pick back for next years draft.

37 traded out
jenkins plus next years 37 roughly traded in.

Who the hell said anything about Top 4? LOL. Deadset pelican
And thats the problem. The whole point of giving up draft picks for ready made players is to have a crack at top 4 and a flag. If you arent remotely in that position nor will be in the next 3 years then giving up a gun draft pick is really dumb trading.

Saints are my losers of trade period. Along with the crows.

And thats the problem. The whole point of giving up draft picks for ready made players is to have a crack at top 4 and a flag. If you arent remotely in that position and giving up a gun draft pick then its really dumb trading.

Saints are my losers of trade period.

Lol the players we brought in are 23, 23, 24, 26 and Ryder to fill a need.
You’re carrying on like they’re all 30+ lol

The players we lost are 30+, 27 and 24...

And thats the problem. The whole point of giving up draft picks for ready made players is to have a crack at top 4 and a flag. If you arent remotely in that position nor will be in the next 3 years then giving up a gun draft pick is really dumb trading.

Saints definitely won the most active trade period title but I tend to agree with you, they lost Acres, Steven and Bruce who were all in their top echelon of players.

Geeze your really showing how much footy knowledge you actually have if you think we were the losers of the trade period. You draft players to improve your side, we used our draft picks on players who will improve our side.

I'd say AFL.com was pretty accurate
But to be honest I think that Sydney is better off without Daniher for now until they can confirm his injury stance. They're in rebuild anyway so their draft picks should be more important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again, getting rid of Bruce isn't that big of a deal if the club can use Carlile and Howard to move back and forth based on what the team needs in different matchups. They can go taller or shorter in the forward and defence which makes them so much more flexible.

Hawthorn - might have found their next Ty Vickery. Before his last knee injury Patton wouldn’t jump at the ball and couldn’t mark anything overhead.
Seems like a good bloke and I hope the comparison with Ty doesn’t play out in 2020.

I think the potential "upside" of Patton far outweighs what they paid for him. If Patton starts to fire it might pan out as the best trade this year.

martin a chance to get still, coniglio didnt leave, if we got shiel we wouldnt of picked up walsh, smith is a dissapointment and rockliff you're kidding right?
papley was clearly not a chance of getting traded unless they got daniher, not sure what you dont understand about that
Rich01 still waiting for a response.........

Jenkins was terrible he was getting beaten by weekend warriors in the SANFL most if the year he was drop back there 2 or 3 times before he spat the chewy and decided not to play

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yet he was still good for 2 goals and around 5 marks a game in the AFL.

Kicked 18 in his final 7 games last year too.

void0-9.gif

I'm happy for the focus to be on Cats, Hawks, Saints and Eagles with their trades and we just go about our business again during the year. Pretty happy at the moment.

I'd say AFL.com was pretty accurate
But to be honest I think that Sydney is better off without Daniher for now until they can confirm his injury stance. They're in rebuild anyway so their draft picks should be more important.
Swans and daniher just makes no sense. They won by essendons denials.

Saints definitely won the most active trade period title but I tend to agree with you, they lost Acres, Steven and Bruce who were all in their top echelon of players.

Acres top echelon of players lmao, all your credibility gone in that comment. Steven barely played all year

Yet he was still good for 2 goals and around 5 marks a game in the AFL.

Kicked 18 in his final 7 games last year too.

void0-9.gif

IM only telling you why he was dropped soo many times this year, your problem now not mine

Every club needs a whipping boy, next year will be fun watching your new whipping boy get whipped on the geelong board

Saints gave away a gun forward, gun mid (albeit old and has mental health issues) and future top draft picks for ready made players. They have tried a formula that has been proven not to work, especially when you factor in they haven't made the 8 for years. I don't think they've won the trade period at all.

Hard to look past the Bulldogs, West Coast and Hawthorn as teams that have successfully addressed needs and not sold the farm in the process (West Coast HAD to pounce on Kelly - no question about that).

I'll say it again, getting rid of Bruce isn't that big of a deal if the club can use Carlile and Howard to move back and forth based on what the team needs in different matchups. They can go taller or shorter in the forward and defence which makes them so much more flexible.

Carlisles next to useless up forward. By some accounts Howard isn't much better. Howard was drafted to replace Nathan Brown and will be a clear upgrade.

Back