News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is certainly a concern. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how a prospective senior coach these doesn't come in with a clear idea of how he would structure his coaching department.

Personally I would think having a Senior Assistant would be absolutely key, someone who can sit above the line coaches and assist the coach with the ever increasing duties and demands on the Senior Coach. Bring in a quality senior assistant, and you can afford to hire less experienced line coaches. This should be #2 on the list behind finding a quality Football Ops Manager. The culture/relationships manager or whatever they want to call it should be way down the list of priorities.

One of the key aspects/strengths supposedly of Nicks is his relationship building and this was a key area that was deemed to be lacking. In his first year as coach, I expect there's going to be an even bigger demand on him to do this, he will need someone whom he can rely on to pick up some of the strategy/game analysis stuff.

It was one of the biggest issues Sando had once Dean Baily left and instead of hiring him a senior assistant, we simply sacked Sando and brought in Walsh.

The worry I have here, is that whilst we're saying its Nicks' decision, how supportive are we actually being of him bringing someone in? Are we actually providing him with resources and funds to actually target the right person? Or have we said "sure Nicksy, who do you want? You can offer them a standard assistants salary. Oh and he'll have to look after the forwards as we'll let Ben Hart go if you do bring them in..."

The other issue is that we've left things too late. Anyone of note is already signed up. Now if we need to hold off on appointing a senior assistant for a year to ensure we get the right person, that's fine, but at least we should be honest about it.
I was all aboard until the bolded part. 🤣

I still cannot believe (well... maybe I can) that Rob "Moron" Chapman said we are using just 10% of our brain and need to explore ways to unlock the rest
I’m pretty sure he said “I” not “we”.
So accurate.

Something else must have happened to him, I heard Wildy saying condolences to the Bickley family this evening.

His brother passed away suddenly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard yesterday from a good source that Kevin Sheedy will have involvement with the club this year and announcements not far away. Caught me off guard as wouldn’t have even considered him but the source has been correct before on some trade stuff. Has anyone else heard this?

Heard yesterday from a good source that Kevin Sheedy will have involvement with the club this year and announcements not far away. Caught me off guard as wouldn’t have even considered him but the source has been correct before on some trade stuff. Has anyone else heard this?
I am not sure about this, sounds like a made up rumour, why would Sheedy want to help us?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have to be honest and say that I was somewhat underwhelmed with the announcement of Nicks, but if the rumours are true that he's telling the club to chase quality applicants (even if takes 12 months) and would prefer to wait for the right person rather than just putting a bum on a seat then he's just earned a massive tick from me.

I have to be honest and say that I was somewhat underwhelmed with the announcement of Nicks, but if the rumours are true that he's telling the club to chase quality applicants (even if takes 12 months) and would prefer to wait for the right person rather than just putting a bum on a seat then he's just earned a massive tick from me.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure we heard that the full team would be put in place over the next 12 months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back