BigFooty Official Big Footy Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigers will have to elevate Stack and Baker with Chol, Aarts and Pickett being retained as Cat A rookies and Eggmolesse-Smith as a CatB rookie.
Can see us only picking 3 players in the ND and keeping the senior list at 38 or picking 4 players if we can't trade up.

Richmond social media confirmed that Chol, Stack and Baker will remain on the rookie list in 2020.
Screenshot_20191108-110718__01.jpg

Pick 89. :westcoast: West Coast.

Jye Clark 179 cm .72 kg. Midfielder. Claremont.

Younger brother of Geelong's Jordan. Skilled midfielder who had some injury niggles through out the season that have hampered his production.
Was a member of the Claremont Colts Premiership team.
Showed enough during the season to suggest he has a skill set to maybe make it at the next level.

Realistically pick 93 is going to be a rookie spot not a main draft pick and as such I would be happy to take a punt on him.

The cupboard is getting pretty bare at this point in the selection process.

Pretty unhappy with what I have been able to pick up in this mock, that said I didn't have much in the way of picks to work with.

Went tantalisingly close to having what I would have considered a good mock had either of Ruscoe fallen two spots and Georgiardies fallen one spot, similarly I would have been more than happy to have had Ben Johnson fall another two spots.

Incidentally I think that Ben Johnson has the best foot skills in this cohort.

Have several names still on my list but , in all honesty , they all are long shots to make a list because they are real project / developmental type players.
One of which I will probably take next.

Davo-27 Hawks are up if they still have any picks left.

Last edited:

Would anyone have bid on Connor Budarick by this stage if he wasn't pre-listed?
Trying to get a feel of where he is rated amongst this draft group.
I'd have him around 30, I reckon he's a beauty. Like his dual position durability, and think he'll be a really good mid in years to come.
I'd love him at the eagles.

Sydney Summary
Sydney

Here is a summary of the Sydney draft:

5 Luke Jackson – KPF/Ruck
27 Harry Schoenberg – inside midfielder
32 Thomson Dow – balanced midfielder
44 Trey Ruscoe – utility at either end/inside bull
78 Lachlan Potter – rebounding defender/outside midfield
83 Tyrone Thorne – small forward

Overall I was very happy. Did I go too early on Jackson? Not in my mind as I expected to get the midfielders at the sweet spot in the draft and this proved true. There were other options in the 27 to 44 range so I was able to just take best available mids. Ruscoe at 44 was the one pick I felt I got at a discount.

GWS Summary
GWS Summary

Pick 4 Thomas Green - Marist - Inside Midfielder
Pick 40 Noah Cumberland - Maroochydore - General Defender/ Balanced Midfeilder
Pick 55 Liam Delahunty - Coolamon - Tall Forward
Pick 58 Joshua Shute - Sturt - Winger/ General Defender
Pick 60 Angus Baker - Canberra - Third Tall/ General defender
Pick 82 Josh D'Intinosante - Northern Knights - Small Forward

Overall delighted with my picks, the classic cliche but I had them all rated higher (except for Tom Green, but have him at 6) than where I selected them making it pretty successful imo. Green is a luxury pick and all others fill a need for us, with Baker and probably Cumberland in a position to play from Round 1 if selected.

# 95 Geelong - Luke Partington / Glenelg / 181cm / 80kg

High end talent at junior level who had a great Championships and top age year who was recruited by WC but just couldn't snag a spot in that formidable Eagles midfield line up. To be fair it was a pretty tough midfield to get into so no shame in that. Post being delisted went back to SA and has gone onto win a Margarey medal at 22. Inside midfielder who does everything pretty well. The knock is there isn't a standout trick or attribute that he has. Little bit ike Kane Lambert for mine and have no doubt he is way to good for state footy and in the right team would walk into the 22 as an inside mid or even defensive forward type.

PMBangers

Last edited:
I've taken my 6, although if I have spare list spots I'll pass as I've got no one else I want outside the rookie draft

Mate as mentioned on opening thread we are taking everyone up to 40 and then doing rookie. Saves me having to work who took what etc. Just mention that you would more likely take them as a rookie if you want to point that out.

Pick: 96. Melbourne.

Louis Butler. 183 cm 74 kg. Small Defender. Sandringham Dragons.

Played in defence for Vic Metro and Sandy early in the year , in the latter stages of the season Sandy played him on the wing.
No standout feature but does most things well.
Pretty good decision maker and his disposal is good.
Has some AFL traits and could provide another better ball user option for the Dee defence.

Ysaye Saints are up.

Pick: 96. Melbourne.

Louis Butler. 183 cm 74 kg. Small Defender. Sandringham Dragons.

Played in defence for Vic Metro and Sandy early in the year , in the latter stages of the season Sandy played him on the wing.
No standout feature but does most things well.
Pretty good decision maker and his disposal is good.
Has some AFL traits and could provide another better ball user option for the Dee defence.

Ysaye Saints are up.
Thought you might've gone him for the Eagles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide Summary
Port Summary

12 - Fischer McAsey
20 - Josh Worrell
26 - Jackson Mead
65 - Emerson Jeka

3 talls certainly wasn't in the planning pre draft. McAsey was always the number 1 priority due to our list management decisions, so stoked we got him. Worrell best available, wasn't in the planning there, I thought he'd have been picked by then, but he was too good to pass up there. Mead at 26 feels about right for him. Jeka at 65 again had just too much potential to pass up there, he's better than a pick 65 player.
So whilst it wasn't in the planning, i'm pretty happy with the end result. Gives us some talls to develop. Can fill in the gaps in the rookie draft

Port Summary

12 - Fischer McAsey
20 - Josh Worrell
26 - Jackson Mead
65 - Emerson Jeka

3 talls certainly wasn't in the planning pre draft. McAsey was always the number 1 priority due to our list management decisions, so stoked we got him. Worrell best available, wasn't in the planning there, I thought he'd have been picked by then, but he was too good to pass up there. Mead at 26 feels about right for him. Jeka at 65 again had just too much potential to pass up there, he's better than a pick 65 player.
So whilst it wasn't in the planning, i'm pretty happy with the end result. Gives us some talls to develop. Can fill in the gaps in the rookie draft

Really like your first three picks .
You got good value for where they were picked up.

Pick 87 Carlton - Ben Johnson

At this point in the draft, youre throwing darts and hoping in my eyes. Ben has a number of AFL traits that is enough to get him on a rookie list at worst in my eyes. He is quick and has close to the best kick in the draft. Can easily kick a goal from 60m out and provides great rebounding out of the defensive zone.
Has a solid defensive game as well, I would not mind seeing if he could play that small forward role in the future.

Booooo

BOOOOOOO.

What is it with bloody Carlton stealing WA kids.

Don't they grow footballers in Victoria?:mad:

Fremantle Summary
Fremantle's Draft

#7 Dylan Stephens - 183cm, 69kg midfielder from Norwood, SA
#10 Deven Robertson - 184cm, 81kg midfielder from Perth, WA
#14 Liam Henry - 179cm, 67kg mid/forward from Claremont, WA
#70 Callum Jamieson - 199cm, 84kg ruck from Claremont, WA
#71 Cooper Sharman - 192cm, 79kg forward from Oakleigh Chargers
#81 Elliot Dunkin - 180cm, 77kg defender from West Adelaide, SA
#85 Kieren Parnell - 188cm, 84kg defender from NT Thunder

As a Fremantle fan, I'd be pretty happy if this was to happen come the real thing. I personally don't think Stephens will last until #7, but we'll see. But getting both him and Robertson is my ideal scenario at the moment, they should complement each other well. And getting the x factor of Henry is just the cherry on top. It's hard to go wrong when you get three first round picks.

Coming back into the draft in the later rounds, I had Jamieson and Sharman both rated much higher - like everyone always says. It's not a good draft for talls, but I personally have Jamieson as the second best ruck prospect. And Sharman arguably has one of the highest ceilings amongst all the tall forwards in the draft, even if that isn't saying a lot. I did get a little lucky with Port being skipped over, my pick if Sharman was gone would have been Jai Jackson - I rate him around the top 50, so wouldn't have been unhappy with him. But Sharman would offer Fremantle a different look up forward, filling that athletic third tall role that McCarthy hasn't really nailed down.

I think Fremantle will only have the 5 live picks in the draft, the last two being rookie promotions for Hughes and Giro. But Dunkin and Parnell are my favourite of the mature aged options, so I thought I'd get their names out. Dunkin in particular I think could really surprise.

Pick 89. :westcoast: West Coast.

Jye Clark 179 cm .72 kg. Midfielder. Claremont.

Younger brother of Geelong's Jordan. Skilled midfielder who had some injury niggles through out the season that have hampered his production.
Was a member of the Claremont Colts Premiership team.
Showed enough during the season to suggest he has a skill set to maybe make it at the next level.

Realistically pick 93 is going to be a rookie spot not a main draft pick and as such I would be happy to take a punt on him.

The cupboard is getting pretty bare at this point in the selection process.

Pretty unhappy with what I have been able to pick up in this mock, that said I didn't have much in the way of picks to work with.

Went tantalisingly close to having what I would have considered a good mock had either of Ruscoe fallen two spots and Georgiardies fallen one spot, similarly I would have been more than happy to have had Ben Johnson fall another two spots.

Incidentally I think that Ben Johnson has the best foot skills in this cohort.

Have several names still on my list but , in all honesty , they all are long shots to make a list because they are real project / developmental type players.
One of which I will probably take next.

Davo-27 Hawks are up if they still have any picks left.
Hoping to lure his brother home with this pick?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Genuinely surprised at the lack of mature aged guys still available. Only three (iirc) have been taken (Riccardi [20], Baker [21], Partington [22]).

Sokol should be given an opportunity. I still like Tyler Keitel as someone who continues to put runs on the board. From the VFL, Riley Bowman is an outstanding ruck/fwd prospect. Sam Lowson and Lochie Dickson from Coburg is still very impressive. Campbell Husthwaite from Collingwoods VFL side has been impressive as well.

With so many darts being thrown, surely some of these known quantities could be given an opportunity?

Genuinely surprised at the lack of mature aged guys still available. Only three (iirc) have been taken (Riccardi [20], Baker [21], Partington [22]).

Sokol should be given an opportunity. I still like Tyler Keitel as someone who continues to put runs on the board. From the VFL, Riley Bowman is an outstanding ruck/fwd prospect. Sam Lowson and Lochie Dickson from Coburg is still very impressive. Campbell Husthwaite from Collingwoods VFL side has been impressive as well.

With so many darts being thrown, surely some of these known quantities could be given an opportunity?

I thought Sokol had been taken? Don't think Keitel will make it at AFL level. I think part of the problem is that most probanly want mature age mids rather than talls and utilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back