List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

our list is so ******* shallow we dont need to be putting all our eggs in one basket. late first round picks are what we need to fill out the 22 far more than ‘a slightly higher preference of non-KPP’ and less spots filled

Meh. In this draft I'd rather have one of the Young/Ash/Stephens/McAsey/Serong types than two of the Pickett/Sharp/Day/Rivers types. But as pointed out above, it's a moot point anyway because there's zero chance that Freo would agree to it.

Meh. In this draft I'd rather have one of the Young/Ash/Stephens/McAsey/Serong types than two of the Pickett/Sharp/Day/Rivers types.
Not really a relevant comparison IMO as none of that second group should go at pick 18 or earlier (maybe Sharp)

Post worked as well as my dad jokes. 😁
I don't get it. Are you not tired of just accepting and living with the things the club does? Just because they employ someone to do a job doesn't mean it will be done well (e.g. Hinkley).

There's zero reason Freo would do that, they'd just end up losing #16 to a Henry bid anyway, whereas Henry probably won't be bid on before #8. From their perspective they'd just be giving up #8 for #18 at no benefit to themselves.

Yeah that is true. I just have that uneasy feeling we are going to try something. Freo are the obvious target as they have two top ten picks.

Not really a relevant comparison IMO as none of that second group should go at pick 18 or earlier (maybe Sharp)

This draft falls off real quick after the mid-teens.

16 and 18 will become 18 and 20. After, let's say, Rowell + Anderson + Jackson + Young + Green + Flanders + Serong + Ash + Stephens + McAsey + Kemp + Henry + Robertson + Weightman + Worrell + Bergman are off the board, which they all almost certainly will be, is there really anyone left who gets you excited?

I like Maginess, but he's not available to us. You could argue Gould, but there's a lot of red flags there. Other than that, not much. I'd much rather have one of that top 10 than two of whoever's left after the above names are off the board.

Yeah that is true. I just have that uneasy feeling we are going to try something. Freo are the obvious target as they have two top ten picks.

But they're not, because thanks to NGA bidding they have no use for picks in the teens, so we have nothing that they'd value to offer them. If we were going to be trying to trade up to a top 10 pick, Freo are literally the last club who's got one that would be interested in dealing with us.

Serong looks too small for afl midfielder, but apart from that appears to be a good player
Lachie Neale goes alright. Serong may be short buts he’s got a solid build. His ability to go forward is a bonus, been compared to Robbie Gray.

most of the year he’s been around the 3-5 mark. Sure he doesn’t fill our biggest needs but getting him at 12 would be a steal.

This draft falls off real quick after the mid-teens.

16 and 18 will become 18 and 20. After, let's say, Rowell + Anderson + Jackson + Young + Green + Flanders + Serong + Ash + Stephens + McAsey + Kemp + Henry + Robertson + Weightman + Worrell + Bergman are off the board, which they all almost certainly will be, is there really anyone left who gets you excited?
Gould and Taylor. Others don’t get me excited but have a great chance of being first 22 players to replace the existing huge gap in our list/players soon to retire

I think it's very likely we trade for 9 or 10 with Carlton / melbourne. They both seem to be after small forwards and seem open to trading. Suppose it depends on who slips to those picks. Two of serong / Kemp / McCasey / young plus mead would be a significant draft. If we could get 9 or 10 plus a decent pick I can see us taking it.

Gould and Taylor. Others don’t get me excited but have a great chance of being first 22 players to replace the existing huge gap in our list/players soon to retire

Current day Port Adelaide would ruin Elijah Taylor so fast it would make your head spin.

Current day Port Adelaide would ruin Elijah Taylor so fast it would make your head spin.
Then we shouldn’t have traded into his draft because current PAFC would likely * half these kids careers

In order of preference:

Pick 12 - Kemp, Serong, Stephens, Weightman

Pick 16 - Worrell, Bergman, Williams

Pick 18 - Bergman, Williams, Gould

Any of those players will do me just fine and we're pretty much guaranteed to get three of them so it's all good.

I'm pretty similar, apart from no interest in Weightman and at #18 I'd like Sharp/Rivers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a balanced / mixed approach to our picks.

There's no point picking 4 small-medium sized midfielders, even if some are inside and others outside.

IMO we need a midfielder (preferably capable on the inside and outside), an efficient/creative forward and someone to bolster our taller defence, along with Mead.

Hence, I would be happy with
Kemp or Serong at pick 12
Williams or Bergman at pick 16
Gould at pick 18

I don't get it. Are you not tired of just accepting and living with the things the club does? Just because they employ someone to do a job doesn't mean it will be done well (e.g. Hinkley).
Personally I'm not a fan of the Howard and Frampton trade. Time will tell I suppose.

To use one of his quotes and ignoring financial constraints, I also think that Hinkley has not exactly deserved to remain as coach based on performances.

However neither of the above have anything to do with the pick trade.

I hope we get a good prospect like Serong with our first pick, but it seems to rely on other clubs bidding on players when we hope them to.

I can’t see why Green would be bid on by Melbourne for example. I assume GWS have traded up to avoid an early bid happening.

I hope we get a good prospect like Serong with our first pick, but it seems to rely on other clubs bidding on players when we hope them to.

I can’t see why Green would be bid on by Melbourne for example. I assume GWS have traded up to avoid an early bid happening.

GWS and Fremantle are going to do exceptionally well out of this draft.
Freo's list with good coaching should become the envy of the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back