List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’re off the mark there. I still believe in the Weller deal. This Sharp deal 27 now for 11 next year, is a good deal. Next years draft is severely compromised, so 27 in this years draft could equal about 11 next year anyway. Plus, I think you need to back in the list strategy of Cameron, Burns & Haines. There strategy next year is probably to switch to Academy kids and trading in AFL talent (not going to the draft for more kids). Let’s not keep going over mistakes of the previous regime. Let’s back the current team in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
27 for next year's pick 11 looks bad, but Sharp for next year's pick 11 looks about right. Plenty of people expected Sharp to be selected well before pick 27. I'm ok with it & the player himself seems rapt to be joining the Suns. We were given these concessions to help build a competitive team. That what Cameron & Burns are trying to do. I'm just keen to see these kids play.

Carlton flogs all pulling themselves over what a genius SOSo is. This is the guy that couldn’t land Papley, had his first 2 draft choices matched, took a kid with an ACL and another that no one heard of or rates, but because he lucked out that no one picked up Stickman Martin he is a genius ffs

Carlton flogs all pulling themselves over what a genius SOSo is. This is the guy that couldn’t land Papley, had his first 2 draft choices matched, took a kid with an ACL and another that no one heard of or rates, but because he lucked out that no one picked up Stickman Martin he is a genius ffs

Yeah, but the Blues win a lot of games so it is all good.

27 for next year's pick 11 looks bad, but Sharp for next year's pick 11 looks about right. Plenty of people expected Sharp to be selected well before pick 27. I'm ok with it & the player himself seems rapt to be joining the Suns. We were given these concessions to help build a competitive team. That what Cameron & Burns are trying to do. I'm just keen to see these kids play.
We were going to pick Sharp at 15 if we kept it

Jacky Boy can play FF for them now their “superstars” Curnow and McKay are out injured.
Wait until he plays the inevitable poor, lazy, disinterested game... Blouse fans will be tearing into him (they love to eat their own), and he’ll be wishing he was back here in relative anonymity.

Jacky Boy can play FF for them now their “superstars” Curnow and McKay are out injured.
Wait until he plays the inevitable poor, lazy, disinterested game... Blouse fans will be tearing into him (they love to eat their own), and he’ll be wishing he was back here in relative anonymity.
That’s the weird part, he is a shy guy and he will get hassled in the streets in Melbourne, he is already made of glass mentally so I hope he knows what he’s in fo. But then again not our problem anymore

That’s the weird part, he is a shy guy and he will get hassled in the streets in Melbourne, he is already made of glass mentally so I hope he knows what he’s in fo. But then again not our problem anymore
He was pretty nervous in his presser today.

Gold Coast also passed on a selection on Friday but is set to upgrade Category B rookie Patrick Murtagh to Category A and add finalise its list in the process.

I remember a couple of "athletes" we've taken in the past haven't quite worked out
Seriously has anyone ever worked out why we have been so unsuccessful over the past eight years . It is because we choose athletes and those players with backstory that will get us on the back pages of the bulletin but that won’t win games.

How about with our last two rookie picks we choose a footballer who has the runs on the board as our last two selections in the draft process plus the Irishman is really throwing a dart at a moving board. It’s jusr a shame it was a the expense of some natural footballers who were instrumental in bringing the gc their first tital in the academy series.

We did the same thing to a kid called Dayne Zorko a couple of years ago, time to end this speculative athletes before footballers stuff till we make finals

Seriously has anyone ever worked out why we have been so unsuccessful over the past eight years . It is because we choose athletes and those players with backstory that will get us on the back pages of the bulletin but that won’t win games.

How about with our last two rookie picks we choose a footballer who has the runs on the board as our last two selections in the draft process plus the Irishman is really throwing a dart at a moving board. It’s jusr a shame it was a the expense of some natural footballers who were instrumental in bringing the gc their first tital in the academy series.

We did the same thing to a kid called Dayne Zorko a couple of years ago, time to end this speculative athletes before footballers stuff till we make finals
But but but they are tall and their fast, what could go wrong

Happy with all the lower end pick. If all this GC academy's players are so good Richmond would bid on them last night instead of Brisbane players. No harm keeping Gore another year as overagers player, GC academys coach is next year allies coach also.

Happy with all the lower end pick. If all this GC academy's players are so good Richmond would bid on them last night instead of Brisbane players. No harm keeping Gore another year as overagers player, GC academys coach is next year allies coach also.
Seriously it’s only another 12 months out of a kids life , I wouldn’t blame him for going elsewhere . He is ten times the player the other kid is. One was fourth in the Neafl goal kicking and was equal first in the Allies ones with Rosa the other barely scrapped into the suns Nab cup team. I am sure the players are just confused as some supporters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously it’s only another 12 months out of a kids life , I wouldn’t blame him for going elsewhere . He is ten times the player the other kid is. One was fourth in the Neafl goal kicking and was equal first in the Allies ones with Rosa the other barely scrapped into the suns Nab cup team. I am sure the players are just confused as some supporters
I don't see it that way, another 6-12 month, GCS can pre listed him or draft him in mid season draft , there is always injuries to players eg Shoenfield.if other team want him like stack, I am happy for him even GWS. Nothing stop GCS draft Liam Delahunty. He even rated higher than Gore in a lot phatom draft in BF.

If it was just about who played the best in U18s then the top 18 picks would be the All Australian team. They are looking to pick up guys who will be 10 year AFL level players not the best U18 players.

Fantastic trade period for the Suns. I really can,t remember when their has been such a good vibe about the club. I realise it is early days however I can't wait for next season to start. Great move by the club letting Martin go from my perspective. With such a young group they don,t need to be exposed to someone going through the motions for a year. Wish Martin all the best NOT CARLTON GAGF.
Great for the group to fight for a starting spot due to the intake of talented recruits and hopefully a healthy list for once. Never look back bring on 2020.

The comment at the end from Martin IMO is an insult to everything the Suns did for him.......Three coffees at breakfast couldn't ease Carlton recruit Jack Martin's nerves before he finally got the news that had been almost a year in the making.
The Gold Coast Suns midfielder/forward was granted his wish to play for the Blues, with the phone call coming while he was at breakfast in Melbourne with his new teammates.
"We were out eating brekkie but I didn't eat much, just a piece of toast as I was pretty nervous. I had three coffees so I maxed out for the day," Martin said on Friday at Blues headquarters.
The clubs failed to do a deal during the trade period, and then the Suns threatened to use their first pick to keep Martin until they gave up that selection by filling their list quota at the national draft.
"There's a sense of excitement, happiness, and relief at the same time as it's been a long time coming," Martin said.
"I think I'm ready - I want to come to Melbourne and prove myself and I'm ready for the challenges ahead.

#SeeYaDog!!!

The comment at the end from Martin IMO is an insult to everything the Suns did for him.......Three coffees at breakfast couldn't ease Carlton recruit Jack Martin's nerves before he finally got the news that had been almost a year in the making.
The Gold Coast Suns midfielder/forward was granted his wish to play for the Blues, with the phone call coming while he was at breakfast in Melbourne with his new teammates.
"We were out eating brekkie but I didn't eat much, just a piece of toast as I was pretty nervous. I had three coffees so I maxed out for the day," Martin said on Friday at Blues headquarters.
The clubs failed to do a deal during the trade period, and then the Suns threatened to use their first pick to keep Martin until they gave up that selection by filling their list quota at the national draft.
"There's a sense of excitement, happiness, and relief at the same time as it's been a long time coming," Martin said.
"I think I'm ready - I want to come to Melbourne and prove myself and I'm ready for the challenges ahead.

#SeeYaDog!!!
I did not mind that Martin wanted to leave but that he did check out and did not put effort is the 2nd half of the season speaks for itself. You don't want players like that on your team.

I don't see it that way, another 6-12 month, GCS can pre listed him or draft him in mid season draft , there is always injuries to players eg Shoenfield.if other team want him like stack, I am happy for him even GWS. Nothing stop GCS draft Liam Delahunty. He even rated higher than Gore in a lot phatom draft in BF.
Again the selected kid averaged 4 disposals in the nab league what message does it send to your academy kids like Max Pescud that you can play your heart out and succeed but at the end of the day we will pick an athlete over you who like Josh Hall has a massive chance of failing. It’s not how a good system should work

Again the selected kid averaged 4 disposals in the nab league what message does it send to your academy kids like Max Pescud that you can play your heart out and succeed but at the end of the day we will pick an athlete over you who like Josh Hall has a massive chance of failing. It’s not how a good system should work
You can play your heart out but if AFL teams don't see AFL potential they will not select you. There are 18 teams, any of them can select Pescud if they think he will make it in AFL.

A lot of people talk about Gore. I believe all teams passed on Gore. There is a reason for that.

I did not mind that Martin wanted to leave but that he did check out and did not put effort is the 2nd half of the season speaks for itself. You don't want players like that on your team.
That’s the laziness I warned Carlton supporters of, and they scoffed at it. When the going gets tough, Jack drops off.

My messenge, Look Pescud if you want to get draft next year, you need to be like Budarick or Bowes and not Gore. If you want to get draft in first round you need to improve like gws Green, Fremantle Liam Henry in U18 next year. Hi Gore you need to improve in this area and maybe play as overagers like GWS Briggs in u18 next year, if you improve we draft you.

Last edited:
My messenge, Look Pescud if you want to get draft next year, you need to be like Budarick or Bowes and not Gore. If you want to get draft in first round you need to improve like gws Green, Fremantle Liam Henry in U18 next year. Hi Gore you need to improve in this area and maybe play as overagers like GWS Briggs in u18 next year, if you improve we draft you.
I'm sure those boys will take your message on board. Wise words indeed.

There are no guarantees with the academies. They are looking for potential AFL level players. Not good u18 players. Those 2 things are not analogous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back