Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Koch has finally done his dash and I'm ready to see the back of him, which isn't unpopular. I guess what unpopular bit is that say, until 2016 when he called out the loss to GWS and tha playing group had a sook to him, I think he was doing a great job and exactly what the club needed. I think that whatever has caused him to change his tune in the last few years hasn't all come from within but rather outside pressure that he's bowed to.

How good is the off season?!
Never gone so fast for me as this year........ why? well 3 reasons

1) feeling disconnected and waiting for my anger to subside

2) no #2

3) feeling disconnected and waiting for my anger to subside

* excited about our draftees..... reckon/hope we've nailed it and they'll be even better than last yrs crop.

Guys irl port supporters know much more than you port supporters that only exist on the internet.

There are certain things that can only be understood when you are a physical being.

I know you’re hanging memes on me but there is more truth in what you wrote than you intended

I wish I didn't see those in charge like this.
You can work out who the Wizard is yourselves.

1575860839995.png

I should be excited for 2020, but there's nothing.
I am looking forward to watching maggies games though, that was fun last year.

That’s just needlessly cynical. While I appreciate the write up, and maybe there is some truth in the club wanting to cast a wider net, it was always going to be the elephant in the room that the AFL already had a club called the Magpies with black and white vertical stripes.

The club was faced with a choice:

A) Accept reality and reinvent the image of the club; or
B) Hang on to every scrap of the club’s SANFL identity, but know we can never quite be the Magpies

Seriously, what is the more dignified and mature way to deal with this? You think the 150th logo is bold and exudes confidence. I think you’ve got it backwards.
The club understood these things back then and chose option A - but we’ll give a nod to our history every now and then.

Take Cam Sufcliffe’s hair for instance. He’s faced with the tough reality of male pattern baldness. So he fluffs up that miserable tuft of hair he has around his crown and tries to pull the thicker hair in from the sides. He thinks maybe if people squint it will look like the full head of hair he used to have.

SPP has the same dilemma. But instead he shaves it all off. Turns up to training with a shaved head. Everyone takes a bit of getting used to it, and two years later nobody is talking about his hair at all - while Sutcliffe is still subjected to mockery.

The 150th logo just screams identity crisis. Someone above asked if we’ve dropped the Power. Maybe he’s taking the piss I don’t know. But I’ve had at least three non-port fans unironically ask me that and I still don’t know the answer.

What’s the end game? We wear the prison bars for every game and are just Port Adelaide while everyone knows we wish we could have what Collingwood have?

If I have to choose between being a football in our own right vs being the miserable ghost of Cam Sutcliffe’s hair I’d choose the former a thousand times over.
lmao in tears...great post

The Ghost of Cam Sutcliffe's hair is a troll account begging to be made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the PBs

And it is correct weight that it is the best jumper bar none.

But problem being is we have adopted teal into our image...

I love the PBs

As I said before, teal and silver/grey can be used in away, clash, pre-season and training jumpers. We don't have to be like Collingwood and refuse to wear clash jumpers with other colours.

I love the PBs

Gold Coast’s colours are Red, Gold and Blue according to their song. Blue is nowhere to be seen on their home jumper but is used on the clash instead. There’s no reason we couldn’t have a similar arrangement whereby black/white are our home kit colours and silver/teal are used away or something to that effect.

Gold Coast’s colours are Red, Gold and Blue according to their song. Blue is nowhere to be seen on their home jumper but is used on the clash instead. There’s no reason we couldn’t have a similar arrangement whereby black/white are our home kit colours and silver/teal are used away or something to that effect.

You are right.

Yes, correct.

"We are one in the red, gold and blue*"

*But we wear red and yellow

Silver is the first colour mentioned in our song and we didn't use it on a guernsey until like 2008. We also don't use teal on our current clash.

before the impeachment process proceeds some clear principles need to be identified

1. Any persons drink preferences need to respected and not maligned.

2. All family connections are to be respected.

3. Suppositions based on unsubstantiated rumour is not a part of the impeachment process.

4. Repeated referencing of the same statement is not due process.
Forgot to take your meds this morning?

Last edited:
I get what you are saying but,

Blue doesn't define the Gold coast...like silver doesn't define us

Teal love it or hate it defines us.

Orange for GWS, purple for Freo

Last edited:
I get what you are saying but,

Blue doesn't define the Gold coast...like silver doesn't define us

Teal love it or hate it defines us.

Orange for gws, purple for free

Teal defines the Port Adelaide Football Club?

Pffft

I’m fine with Port being defined by teal - it doesn’t mean every single guernsey has to have teal or we shouldn’t wear PBs as our permanent home strip.

Port Adelaide the club always does better with members when it is true to its identity. There really isn’t any conflict between historical PAFC and how the club should present itself in 2020. There will always be forces that will attempt to invalidate our uniqueness/point of difference and we need to guard against that.

We are not and never will be Crows lite - that is a failed model that will lead to ruin. Probably the wrong thread but that’s my 2c.

I’m fine with Port being defined by teal - it doesn’t mean every single guernsey has to have teal or we shouldn’t wear PBs as our permanent home strip.

Port Adelaide the club always does better with members when it is true to its identity. There really isn’t any conflict between historical PAFC and how the club should present itself in 2020. There will always be forces that will attempt to invalidate our uniqueness/point of difference and we need to guard against that.

We are not and never will be Crows lite - that is a failed model that will lead to ruin. Probably the wrong thread but that’s my 2c.
There was only 1 jumper we sported without teal in it (silver & black away gurnsey) am I correct can't remember?(besides PBs of course).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back