Vegan Cafe In Melbourne Charge Males More

Remove this Banner Ad

That's individual negotiation for your own wage, which is available to anyone applying for a job be it male or female in many industries. What I am arguing, which is correct, is if you and someone of the other gender applied the exact same job they can't say "we will pay you $xx more per hour due to being a male".
It happens, employers simply aren't stupid enough to add "due to being a male".

It happens, employers simply aren't stupid enough to add "due to being a male".
And I said if it happens, it is illegal and to report it because the person I replied to made it sound like it was very obviously happening in their work place.

I am not denying it doesn't happen, I am saying that there is not a system wide "pay gap" only a wage gap, and that the pay gap only would affect the minority of people and that any industry allowing people to be paid more than others based on gender is illegal.

And I said if it happens, it is illegal and to report it because the person I replied to made it sound like it was very obviously happening in their work place.

I am not denying it doesn't happen, I am saying that there is not a system wide "pay gap" only a wage gap, and that the pay gap only would affect the minority of people and that any industry allowing people to be paid more than others based on gender is illegal.
I'll take the work of many peer-reviewed studies over an anonymous poster on a football website. Cheers

Only way it would affect me is if they charged more to fatten up male rabbits

Pretty disgusting that the cafe's staff can possibly misgender anyone who has short hair or a deep voice

What I am arguing, which is correct, is if you and someone of the other gender applied the exact same job they can't say "we will pay you $xx more per hour due to being a male".

This is true to the letter of the law but you're pretty naive if you think this happens in the real world. Or you're a bloke who wants to keep that image up.

This is true to the letter of the law but you're pretty naive if you think this happens in the real world. Or you're a bloke who wants to keep that image up.
Not arguing that it doesn't happen. But the Pay gap is being a wide spread issue is a myth.

Not arguing that it doesn't happen. But the Pay gap is being a wide spread issue is a myth.

No idea if it's wide spread and I wouldn't make that assumption. Still worth making noise about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well since this seems to now be the vegan thread...

Vegan influencer slammed over ’crazy’ new meat diet

A vegan influencer has been slammed by fans for becoming a “full on carnivore” for 30 days — and she claims it made her “more focused and healthy”.
Alyse Parker posted a video on her YouTube channel earlier this month where she vlogged her experience of the “carnivore diet” — which involves only eating meat and animal products for 30 days.
Explaining her decision to give the carnivore diet a try, Alyse told her 727,000 subscribers: “Being vegan for almost five years, I know what it’s like to lose myself in the identity of a diet culture and lose true open-mindedness.”
1575889285364.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back