Invasion Day activities on the 26th of Jan- Post yours here

Remove this Banner Ad

My Activites involve waking up at 2am. Stealing a car, driving 5 hours to Melbourne. Rob a 7-11, get on the hard solo's and protest for both sides. Get arrested and livestream the police beating me to tiktok. Or just sleep in. It does feel strange that only 10 years ago 95% of us were throwing parties and dressing up for the big day. No care or shame in the world. (idk actual % obv) now I would probably feel a sense of shame and embarrassment if I were to celebrate. I'd just prefer they change the date so we can all move on instead of hearing everyone get all up in arms on both sides. There's always going to be first nations people making waves and protesting about the past regardless of the date, same as white people.

EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD SHOULD BE TRIED FOR TREASON!
savannahclarke-nowunited.gif

Oi Oi Oi Soccer GIF by Football Australia

Flags made in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, Peoples' Republic of China

Happy Australia Day!

Celebrate it any way you wish, go to the beach, the movies, have bbq's, play cricket, play rugby, play soccer, play FOOTY!

Flags made in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, Peoples' Republic of China

Who cares where they are made as long as they are made for us to parade around with ?

Happy Australia Day!

Celebrate it any way you wish, go to the beach, the movies, have bbq's, play cricket, play rugby, play soccer, play FOOTY!

Who cares where they are made as long as they are made for us to parade around with ?

So it's okay for us protestors to burn the flag today, whether it was made in China or not ? :)

So it's okay for us protestors to burn the flag today, whether it was made in China or not ? :)

If you burn the flag today you may as well announce yourself as a Trump supporter and move to America!

We are in the greatest country of the entire world, today is a day to reflect on what it means to be Australian.

If you burn the flag today you may as well announce yourself as a Trump supporter and move to America!

We are in the greatest country of the entire world, today is a day to reflect on what it means to be Australian.

Excuse me ?

I am.not 'dissing' Australia, but the English and the genocidal mass murdering Imperial colonists led by Captain Crook

Of course Australia is the best country in the world, no question about it, however our past and current mistreatment and oppression of our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters is shameful, leaves a lot to be desired, and I will continue to fight tooth and nail to change the date.

Germany doesn't celebrate Adolf Hitler, the fact we pretty continue to do so with our own version in Captain Cook, esp on this date, makes me sick to the stomach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope anyone who celebrates this day has a bloody miserable one ..

Selfish, heartless, pro Prince Andrew/Royal Family rock sider enablers.

We will keep fighting the good fight until the date is changed..

That was the most awful song I have ever heard and I think we should change the date! I have to listen to Neutron Star Collision on repeat to wash that horrible little song out of my head.

Excuse me ?

I am.not 'dissing' Australia, but the English and the genocidal mass murdering Imperial colonists led by Captain Crook

Of course Australia is the best country in the world, no question about it, however our past and current mistreatment and oppression of our Indigenous Brothers and Sisters is shameful, leaves a lot to be desired, and I will continue to fight tooth and nail to change the date.

Germany doesn't celebrate Adolf Hitler, the fact we pretty continue to do so with our own version in Captain Cook, esp on this date, makes me sick to the stomach.
See, I actually agree with changing the date, especially as it doesn't even have that much lengthy history as a holiday.

But I still will enjoy today. Rightly or wrongly, today is Australia Day and I'd rather enjoy it then be sad. I know of some Indigenous folk that, surprisingly, do still choose to celebrate today, which I find kind of inspirational.

Given how many people/places are now scared (or just choose not) to even say Australia Day from what I've seen, I'd be very surprised if it stayed on this date after this year though.

See, I actually agree with changing the date, especially as it doesn't even have that much lengthy history as a holiday.

But I still will enjoy today. Rightly or wrongly, today is Australia Day and I'd rather enjoy it then be sad. I know of some Indigenous folk that, surprisingly, do still choose to celebrate today, which I find kind of inspirational.

Given how many people/places are now scared (or just choose not) to even say Australia Day from what I've seen, I'd be very surprised if it stayed on this date after this year though.

I was invited to a couple of decent parties by work colleagues and mates but politely declined (told them I had other plans)

I cannot in good conscious celebrate/party on a day that's still a constant date and reminder of deep hurt and anguish for so many Indigenous Australians.

I am not protesting this year/today, just at home having a few beers and watching the NBA.

I do get sick to **** of * wits (esp on facebook) saying the past is the past and Aboriginal people should move on and forget about what happened..

It's a heartless and selfish attitude to take.
No one is asking for Australia Day to be cancelled or stop waving flags, just change it to a date that ALL AUSTRALIANS can enjoy with no historical trauma associated with it.

That was the most awful song I have ever heard and I think we should change the date! I have to listen to Neutron Star Collision on repeat to wash that horrible little song out of my head.

Yeah, I like the message and all but they really needed to up the tempo and include a catchy riff to make it memorable.. Something like this!

It's a heartless and selfish attitude to take.
No one is asking for Australia Day to be cancelled or stop waving flags, just change it to a date that ALL AUSTRALIANS can enjoy with no historical trauma associated with it.

I've been saying all along you don't need ONE day/date to specifically celebrate being dinky-di true blue Australian. You should be living the Australian life 24/7 365 days of the year

That was the point of my post - you show up in large numbers, stamp your feet, hold out signs, wave flags.... whatever the case may be. But I don't see Albo coming out saying "righteo old chaps, we are going to make Australia Day January 31st from now on"

I've been saying all along you don't need ONE day/date to specifically celebrate being dinky-di true blue Australian. You should be living the Australian life 24/7 365 days of the year

I have been acting like a drunken yobbo in public on Christmas Day for years now, but apparently that is 'Un-Australian' behaviour according to some prudes lol

This used to be a day where I could get drunk and be in the pool all day whilst hanging s**t on the youf of the country for their s**t taste in music. Now I have to wait a whole extra day to do this.

* you JJJ :mad:

This used to be a day where I could get drunk and be in the pool all day whilst hanging s**t on the youf of the country for their s**t taste in music. Now I have to wait a whole extra day to do this.

* you JJJ :mad:

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back