Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude! In no way was I insinuating yours was a let down. Always appreciative of your work

I just get nostalgic about tsg’s training reports as he was prominent when I first came on BF this time last year.

You mentioned pittonet was strong against Kruez, how is he going for mobility? (Does he look fit enough for the #1 mantle if kruez goes down?)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
All g!

He’s not super impressive to me, other than strong in a ruck duel. Looks average/poor mobility wise. The big Kreuze looks as fit as I’ve ever seen him btw. Fingers crossed they seem to be managing that knee well.

I feel he would have produced better than me today. I was flat. Like there was no ‘zing’ today. Really let the team down.

I am happy to answer any questions if anyone has any to try and make up for it.

Appreciate the report mate, it's definitely not as bad as you might think!

Interested on your take though, there are a few names that pop up regularly through your training reports as standouts ie. Setters, Cuningham.

Who do you see as most likely taking the next step and "breaking out" in 2020?

Will add Dow too, actually: kicking again looks much more efficient than last year, looks fit and strong, much more prominent in match sim than I usually see. Completing a pre-season is exactly what he needs to improve his endurance. Only downside is when he had the opportunity to handball to O'Brien out wide who was open but chose to go back into congestion and got caught HTB. The little decision-making things.

BlueAbroad got that passage of play in his training video.

In all honesty, I didn't mind the decision to go back inboard, especially during training.

Dow's best attributes are his agility and acceleration. Training should be about improving and working out what you're capable of. Whilst the best option probably was O'brien on the outside, had he of broken the tackle, he was off to the races. Nothing but open grass ahead.

I might just add that it was probably unfortunate that he had the quickest player in Sam Philp apply the tackle. Had his opponent been someone else, he may well have burst through the pack.

Last edited:
BlueAbroad got that passage of play in his training video.

In all honesty, I didn't mind the decision to go back inboard, especially during training.

Dow's best attributes are his agility and acceleration. Training should be about improving and working out what you're capable of. Whilst the best option probably was O'brien on the outside, had he of broken the tackle, he was off to the races. Nothing but open grass ahead.

I might just add that it was probably unfortunate that he had the quickest player in Sam Philp apply the tackle. Had his opponent been someone else, he may well have burst through the pack.

Don't mind him trying it either. Although, given how nicely O'Brien is coming along, we should be looking to get the ball into his hands in open space at every opportunity.

Not many comments on Jack Martin today, who was also quite impressive. Liked what I saw, super skillful on both sides. He and Cuningham are going to cause serious issues across half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just seen the photos on CFC website and among them is TDK. Anyone have anything to report about TDK? How does he compare to Pittonet? Thanks...

Mostly played forward from what I saw. With McKay, Curnow and potentially McGovern in doubt early, TDK may have a role to play in the forward line.

In his 3rd year now so needs to start plying his craft in the ruck I would have thought. Can't see him breaking into our forward line if everyone is fit.

Everyone needs to be very afraid right about now...
022ae89dedb92ff19a8a8de5f19a66b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Appreciate the report mate, it's definitely not as bad as you might think!

Interested on your take though, there are a few names that pop up regularly through your training reports as standouts ie. Setters, Cuningham.

Who do you see as most likely taking the next step and "breaking out" in 2020?
I guess that depends on definition of ‘breakout’ but I’ll go with ‘moving from a VFL/Fringe AFL player to Regular agood Player’.

That being the case I will say Cunners. I think he occasionally forgets he’s playing football. He reminds me a lot of Koufa in the sense he has a lot of natural gifts (athletically, skills, hands) but little idea about the smarts of the game. It took them until Kouta was 27 before they realised the simplest thing was to keep it simple for him: play on ball and go get it.

That may very well be the case for David. Honourable mentions to Matt Kennedy (as a forward), Willo and LOB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back