The deplorable 21st century trend of pandering to minorities continues.

Islam, is it a "religion of peace"?

• You're joking right? Yeah, you must be joking. Haha good one!

• Aww every religion encourages genocide occasionally. Except the quakers... Goddam slackers.

• Yes, Islam is completely innocuous. I've felt so ever since that lobotomy.

• Shhhhh we don't talk about Islam that way publicly... but wink wink, nudge nudge.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺

If Basher Houlie wasn't an Arab Muslim, would there be a snowball's chance in hell this ruthlessly average HBFer would receive his own hologram??

We all know the answer. Frankly western culture's degenerated to such a point my only surprise is they couldn't find a female Arab Muslim to glorify instead, with a lesbian potentially garnering even more postmodern politically-correct brownie points. I've absolutely nothing against Basher himself who appears to be a likable chap despite supporting a religion that willfully endorses terrorism against citizens of his own country, but nobody's perfect right?

Whatever dreams I had of living in a meritocracy seem more laughable by the year. So this is what happens when humans dispense with reason & logic and abandon progress in exchange for.... what I'm not exactly sure.

2c60aed2-9d16-4415-a138-8cba930bbbaa-jpeg.807182
2-C60-AED2-9-D16-4415-A138-8-CBA930-BBBAA.jpg

It can get confusing.

A Ugandan imam was shocked to learn his new wife was actually a man after “she” was caught stealing a television from a neighbour.

Sheik Mohammed Mutumba, 27, who has since been suspended from his duties as a mosque cleric, became suspicious four days into his marriage when his wife wouldn’t “undress while they slept”.
The truth came out shortly after when police turned up to the imam’s home to search “Swabullah Nabukeera”, who was arrested on theft allegations.

Can we just create a new "Hi I support "enter club" My arse is sore because Richmond rogered me royally" forum to gather the copious Richmond threads written by oppos that can't adjust to new sheriff in town.
If a dollar was spent on bushfire preparedness & prevention whenever a Richmond supporter tries making a Bigfooty thread all about Richmond we'd have a shitload of volunteer firefighters sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

This thread has nothing to do with Houli playing for Richmond. If Dusty was given a 'digital statue' which is effectively what this hologram is you'd hear no objection from me because he would've earned it on merit. Houli would be lucky to be a top 100 AFL player and was given the gig purely due to his cultural background to further a political agenda. I'd rather politics be kept OUT of sport.

If a dollar was spent on bushfire preparedness & prevention whenever a Richmond supporter tries making a Bigfooty thread all about Richmond we'd have a shitload of volunteer firefighters sitting around twiddling their thumbs.

This thread has nothing to do with Houli playing for Richmond. If Dusty was given a 'digital statue' which is effectively what this hologram is you'd hear no objection from me because he would've earned it on merit. Houli would be lucky to be a top 100 AFL player and was given the gig purely due to his cultural background to further a political agenda. I'd rather politics be kept OUT of sport.
Yes all good but what about my suggestion?

Um, isn't it better to encourage young Aussie Muslims to become footy players/assimilate to Aussie culture, rather then become brainwashed by the ISIS cult of scumbags ?

Get a bigger picture/perspective here OP ya homeless man's Andrew Bolt shock jock, Houli has never once pressed or inforced his beliefs and culture on the Aussie Public, only when asked by journos in the media does he discuss it, generally he is a private man and solid citizen of the community.

Looking forward to your 'cutting edge' editorial/rant when a gay Male AFL player comes out publicly (which hopefully happens sooner, rather than later)

He was named AA this year and a serious contender for Norm Smith in two of The Tigers flag winning years in 2017 and 19. And whilst on some level I agree this hologram statue is perhaps unwarranted, your contempt and dislike for this concept speaks a lot for you about your own character and own prejudices.

As a footy player, Bachar Houli, more than holds his own in elite company and a valuable player to the two time (current) premiership powerhouse of the game.

What exactly is wrong with promoting players of the game from non-anglo/Aussie backgrounds.

Jezza was a legend of the game who migrated from Austria to Canberra to Carlton, yeah let's all ignore his contributions cause of his background.

Turkey (OP)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Basher Houlie wasn't an Arab Muslim, would there be a snowball's chance in hell this ruthlessly average HBFer would receive his own hologram??

We all know the answer. Frankly western culture's degenerated to such a point my only surprise is they couldn't find a female Arab Muslim to glorify instead, with a lesbian potentially garnering even more postmodern politically-correct brownie points. I've absolutely nothing against Basher himself who appears to be a likable chap despite supporting a religion that willfully endorses terrorism against citizens of his own country, but nobody's perfect right?

Whatever dreams I had of living in a meritocracy seem more laughable by the year. So this is what happens when humans dispense with reason & logic and abandon progress in exchange for.... what I'm not exactly sure.
Racist.

Um, isn't it better to encourage young Aussie Muslims to become footy players/assimilate to Aussie culture, rather then become brainwashed by the ISIS cult of scumbags ?
So we need to undeservedly reward Muslim players to get that message across because other more appropriate means don't exist? Puh-lease.

Let's face it there are half a dozen players in Richmond's team alone you'd choose first over Houli, the notion he deserves this based on ability or talent is so laughable and I can't think anyone would bother suggesting it with a straight face when you have Brownlow & Norm Smith winners far more deserving even in the same team. This is affirmative action AFL-style and the tragedy is you've all been so utterly indoctrinated to Political Correctness you're too shitscared to speak up about it even on an anonymous internet forum.

Its a political decision and history shows mixing politics with sport always makes sport worse. Which is why people kicked up a stink about Hannah Mouncey & Adam Goodes, not because they don't care about these issues but because they want them kept OUT of sport. We shouldn't feel obligated to regard players differently because of their ethnicity, religion & sexual preference, nor insulted if we don't by screeching SJWs pushing their own private agendas.

So we need to undeservedly reward Muslim players to get that message across because other more appropriate means don't exist? Puh-lease.

Let's face it there are half a dozen players in Richmond's team alone you'd choose first over Houli, the notion he deserves this based on ability or talent is so laughable and I can't think anyone would bother suggesting it with a straight face when you have Brownlow & Norm Smith winners far more deserving even in the same team. This is affirmative action AFL-style and the tragedy is you've all been so utterly indoctrinated to Political Correctness you're too shitscared to speak up about it even on an anonymous internet forum.

Its a political decision and history shows mixing politics with sport always makes sport worse. Which is why people kicked up a stink about Hannah Mouncey & Adam Goodes, not because they don't care about these issues but because they want them kept OUT of sport. We shouldn't feel obligated to regard players differently because of their ethnicity, religion & sexual preference, nor insulted if we don't by screeching SJWs pushing their own private agendas.
Im sure this is about more than just his onfield work, he does a lot of community work with his foundation and academy and no matter what you think his football ability is of a lot higher standard than you're giving him credit for.

Its Tayla Harris all over again.

We really need to go back to rewarding people for being the best and not for being different.
As one of the AA backmen selected this year, a two time Premiership player who has been in the top 2 or 3 on the ground in both Grand Finals, we can assume he is amongst the best, no matter what you or cab may feel.

Back