2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's for the cameras bro.

dont. give. a. s**t.

if he burns trump and starts tarnishing his viability with moderate GOP supporters (to make their voting for him less likely), great. hes not gunna be the candidate, so we may as well get some use out of him

No he's not, he's simply well right of centre at any time and by any standard.
The unknown question is whether he will, in fact, be any help.
So far, I can't see that he's been any help at all in his 2-man burlesque show he's putting on with Trump.

thats all i want from him. He will NOT be the candidate. But his ad campaign has been better at attacking trump than anything the dems have produced in 6 years

in the past yes, but GOP has shown if you empower your base to believe you will deliver policy purity, they expect that. and if you dont deliver they punish you at the primary

its one of the reasons I'm happy the mormon nuts in the libs in vic have been outed - this s**t is poison for getting stuff done in govt
Sanders won't be able to go back on his policies before the election, his movement now has too many other candidates standing for office on the same platform.

thats all i want from him. He will NOT be the candidate. But his ad campaign has been better at attacking trump than anything the dems have produced in 6 years
It provides harmless amusement for us to see Trump get some of his own medicine, but it won't influence Trumpers (as we know, they do and will think "their side" is "winning" the exchange, no matter what), and I can't see how it has any effect in persuading anyone else to vote for the dems, or indeed to vote at all.
As to not being the candidate, well we shall see.

It provides harmless amusement for us to see Trump get some of his own medicine, but it won't influence Trumpers (as we know, they do and will think "their side" is "winning" the exchange, no matter what), and I can't see how it has any effect in persuading anyone else to vote for the dems, or indeed to vote at all.
As to not being the candidate, well we shall see.
Yeah. Still can't believe the Democrats are genuinely stupid enough to go the impeachment route knowing it would obviously re-energise his base.

Hmm, I think that there was too much pressure, both from their base and from within Congress, insisting that they do the right thing and uphold the Constitution.
Americans are sometimes touching in their naivety.
Pelosi is another centrist loser who stands for nothing but the furtherment of her own career.

Hopefully someone beats her from her left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanders won't be able to go back on his policies before the election, his movement now has too many other candidates standing for office on the same platform.

and that means he wont be able to compromise

Oh yes, she clearly didn't want to do the impeachment, but she just thought, if she had to do the right thing, that she would be able to use it as a political tactic.

its only ever a political tactic when you know the senate will never find in favour of it

that said, they made as much as they could out of it

You're basing that on an n=1 sample where you're talking about conservatives.

Who knows what would happen. Claiming certainty in these matters is fool's gold.

no s**t, the whole thread is us spitballing opinions and guess work. you dont get to be the only one ;)

its only ever a political tactic when you know the senate will never find in favour of it

that said, they made as much as they could out of it
Agreed that's how Pelosi and her ilk saw it, but others in the base and Congress clearly saw it as doing the right thing.

Not before the election he won't.
After the election he will, like every President ever.

not any more - trump hasnt

obama and W got torched by their bases any time they moderated one of their positions, its no longer viable if you have a hardcore invested base

Agreed that's how Pelosi and her ilk saw it, but others in the base and Congress clearly saw it as doing the right thing.

its a political process (not a legal one). right had nothing to do with it

Back