Official Match Thread S29 Round 4 - Baghdad Bombers v Gumbies FFC @ Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Played till I was 44. Then the knee went on me. Have played a couple of games this season at 51 and couldn't walk for days afterwards!!😆

I retired after primary school and played soccer instead. I was s**t at both but at least soccer was over in less than 2 hours.

Highest score 8
Most wickets 2

I remember I was stuck in traffic a few years ago. I was opening the batting in our First XI in a Semi and got to the ground with minutes to spare.
Had a decent night on the piss the night before and was starving, so popped 3 steamed dimmies in a bag in my pocket and would take a sneaky bite when at the non strikers end!
Got me through to lunch!! Lol..
Sounds like me on Uni oval in Adelaide. Had a big night on the turps. Called a teammate to bring out the staminade and started vomiting at the side of the wicket. Opposition keeper asks if I'm alright, I respond its just last nights grog.

Threw a Baggy Green away mate.

I could have been the next Shaun or Mitch Marsh :'(. Being shunned by the Aussie cricket team would have been my speciality.

Almost 4 ******* hours without a post in this ******* match thread!

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for having a life outside of an online football forum.

You all make me sick!

Just happy watching Geelong getting the piss kicked out of em by the Suns :thumbsu:

Given historically they seem to either bugger off or leave for other clubs after 3 seconds, we find that anyone willing to actually say "yes" has no qualms to being stapled to posts and gaffa taped.

As opposed to lobotomised like your lot.
tomato tomato *shrug*

I could have been the next Shaun or Mitch Marsh :'(. Being shunned by the Aussie cricket team would have been my speciality.
I was often told that I had the ability of Don Bradman and Dennis Lillee - the bowling ability of Don Bradman, and the batting ability of Dennis Lillee. Why are people so unkind???

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for having a life outside of an online football forum.

You all make me sick!

I was listening to an orchestra, apologies for said life enjoying music and seeing a guitar player who was more interested in napping in front of a few hundred people then playing a banjo at the end.

Our hero we never knew we needed, and I now know how to clean a clarinet with string.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played till I was 44. Then the knee went on me. Have played a couple of games this season at 51 and couldn't walk for days afterwards!!😆

I did the usual Aussie thing of Cricket into AFL with preference for Cricket and specifically being sometimes open and otherwise first change RFM with 5/2 off 2 and best score of 26 because I worked on front defense and could run. Then at 16 almost every week of AFL I'd just be really bloody sore, something would swell, something would flare with inflammation, lacking energy and lethargic and one day during fielding in cricket, I just plumb collapsed and blacked out for a bit. 3 years later arthritis, gave away footy because impact sports yeah nah, went to bowl and I swear to god it was like I wanted to tear my arm out of my shoulder and my ankles hated me with a passion.

Being a masochist, and with the nets being a 2 min walk away, I sometimes still try to bowl and regret life choices when I don't do my "program" to be a functional human being as "pain management" can piss right off.

I did the usual Aussie thing of Cricket into AFL with preference for Cricket and specifically being sometimes open and otherwise first change RFM with 5/2 off 2 and best score of 26 because I worked on front defense and could run. Then at 16 almost every week of AFL I'd just be really bloody sore, something would swell, something would flare with inflammation, lacking energy and lethargic and one day during fielding in cricket, I just plumb collapsed and blacked out for a bit. 3 years later arthritis, gave away footy because impact sports yeah nah, went to bowl and I swear to god it was like I wanted to tear my arm out of my shoulder and my ankles hated me with a passion.

Being a masochist, and with the nets being a 2 min walk away, I sometimes still try to bowl and regret life choices when I don't do my "program" to be a functional human being as "pain management" can piss right off.

I understand where you are coming from Fly.. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis and the pain and inflammation is what stopped me in my tracks.
I literally went from playing cricket at 44 to bed ridden at 45.
As you say, pain management, anti inflammarories and some tweaks with diet have given me some relief and ability to function..
Stood at first slip for 30 odd overs, bowled 4 overs of left arm nude (nothing on them) and my feet feel like they've been bashed with a plank of wood! Lol...

I was often told that I had the ability of Don Bradman and Dennis Lillee - the bowling ability of Don Bradman, and the batting ability of Dennis Lillee. Why are people so unkind???

That comparison would have made my day

1582407411608.png
The Bombers march to the Finals continues today in a Home game against (insert name) .......a beaten midfield last week, didn't stop a Bombers win ...... Antonio BlueVein has continued his strong form in the centre .... WFL rarely has two bad weeks ....and Requiem will bounce back after an oh to familiar 2nd game blues on the other wing

Shermy retains the FB position, even with the returning ex Capt Tony Lynn 15 ....we won't discuss last week Shermy, I'm confident you've got this today
Bovo plays his 2nd game today in the BP ......God I'm hoping for a better outcome than Requiems effort in his 2nd ......mate just concentrate ....a drink a lot pre-game

Santoz is looking for consistency as our FF .....has had up & down weeks ...this week is his scheduled up week ...we need 6 goals today from you big fella

At his feet ....those nippy pressure players in snozulu and LicoriceAllsorts ......sucking everything up like a vacume cleaner .....you aint seen nothing like these guys sucking skills

Again ...why oh why did the SIM sub out our premier Ruckman Riviat last week ......disgusting, no excuse ....hoping this public rebuke will prevent any similar action this week ...... cadsky to bounce back & Norma Lee Ava to continue her All-SFA Form .....and finally the recognition she deserves in the SFA

Baghdad Bombers.png
B: Bovo - Shermy - JoshWoodenSpoon
B: The Victorian - Rodney Dangerfield - okeydoke7
HB: Tony Lynn 15 - KohPhi - Butler40
HF: MatthewB - StFly - TalkingFootyNow1223
C: WFL - Antonio BlueVein - Requiem
C: beez - Jivlain - GWS Goose
HF: CALL ME SNAKE - cammo6556 - WaynesWorld19
HB: BlueE - Brick Loosener - NSWCROW
F: LicoriceAllsorts - Santoz - snozulu
B: saintkildaman - DERO - WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
FOLL: Riviat - Norma Lee Ava - cadsky
FOLL: haydo - Barrybran - Taylor
INT: iDon - VSTone

So all Bombers Players & supporters .....just remember where everyone sits in the pecking order, in the SFA

Evolution.jpg

You all make me sick!
There was an event on in Pokémon Go, that's what'll have caused the slump.

There was an event on in Pokémon Go, that's what'll have caused the slump.
Is that some kind of video game?! No wonder society has descended into such anarchy.
Melting the minds of this lost generation. When I was a kid we’d just go outside and kick the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back