Women's Footy AFLW Round 4 2020 - St Kilda v Fremantle - RSEA Park. Sunday 1 Mar 2020, 12:10pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Houghton is such a waste playing inside 50 because she's such a s**t kick. 5 easy goals she's missed today - which I guess made a difference in the end but you wouldn't get away with that against a good side. Better off playing her off half back or in the middle somewhere.

Not the case in the first 2 rounds. But yeah floating her in and out could be good.

what was that free for against Roux?

It was bizarre. I rewound to have a look and there was nothing you could suggest was even remotely close to a free there. One of the stranger decisions I've seen.

It was bizarre. I rewound to have a look and there was nothing you could suggest was even remotely close to a free there. One of the stranger decisions I've seen.
The only thing I saw was maybe a hold against her during the actual ruck contest, but it couldn’t have been that given when the free was called. Genuinely don’t have a clue what else it could have been

Houghton is such a waste playing inside 50 because she's such a s**t kick. 5 easy goals she's missed today - which I guess made a difference in the end but you wouldn't get away with that against a good side. Better off playing her off half back or in the middle somewhere.
So she can turn it over in the midfield and we get scored against?

The only thing I saw was maybe a hold against her during the actual ruck contest, but it couldn’t have been that given when the free was called. Genuinely don’t have a clue what else it could have been

It was bizarre especially given there wasn’t any surprise or remonstrating from the Freo players. Must’ve been something we just couldn’t see.

Lucky mistake from Saints allowed Dockers back in.

Perhaps a bit of complacency creeping in.

Still its a come from behind win on the road...well done girls !

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly it seemed to be blowing a gale. To be fair.
Seems to be, let the oppo get the ball first and then tackle it off them. I thought the Saints killed us in the air. Agree with Way to Go. , speedy /midfielders in the next draft and maybe a bit of height. Liked the idea of Eantonio on the wing..

Feel sorry for that Saints player giving away a silly 50. She’d be gutted.
On the flip side imagine being Houghton if we had lost that one by a kick? I reckon she would have managed to miss one on the goal line today.

Worst skills I've seen in a while. Hoping it was VERY windy. Good win tho

Just got home from the game.

Observation
1. Warm up is far too long and intense. More drills involving the ball.
2. We played too cute with the ball and we should kicked longer into space.
3. St Kilda killed us in the air.
4. Without Gooch our back line had too much mismatches. Personally, I want Ebony Antonio to go back.
5. Houghton saved us.
6. Our midfield got smashed again.
7. Saints played an extra defender behind our last forward. It stopped a lot of out the back goals.
8. The wind was pretty strong and not sure some of short kicks were great ideas.
9. Moorabbin is crappy.
10. Our banner was pretty impressive and the saints didn’t have one.

Feel sorry for that Saints player giving away a silly 50. She’d be gutted.
On the flip side, I adore Kate Flood. Whenever they cut to her face after she kicks a goal, she looks confused. No celebration, just confused. Kills me every time

Very lucky to get away with the win there. Hopefully this was a bump in the road because we got some tough competition ahead of us soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back