General CROWS talk ~ topical tidbits ...the thread for when you can't find a thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd go Josh Kelly. We haven't had a mid who can hit a ******* target since McLeod and Edwards.
Smith provided some nice assists.

Seed goes ok too.

But agree we need to reduce the bombing forward without looking we witnessed far too often last season.

You overrate Taranto. Like Brad he has the veneer of a contest oriented player but actually gets more of his ball uncontested. And he isn’t a great user of the ball. He is a good player but you can definitely find better.

Hopper for instance is comfortably more influential than Taranto. Wins more contests and uses it better.

Taranto was their best and fairest winner in a grand final year

Taranto was their best and fairest winner in a grand final year
Matt Crouch was our best and fairest winner in a grand final year. If you could have taken one 22 year old at that time, would you have picked him?

Taranto is a good player but not going to be the next Dusty.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I'd think Adelaide, Essendon, North, Carlton, Freo, Sydney and GCS are all no chance of playing finals.

Hope I'm wrong but we will finish bottom 4 and I think Nicks will be on shaky ground at the end of the year. The last trial game was wasted.eg Walker in ruck.
Unless we get repeat floggings & the wheels completely fall off, Nicks will be coaching next year.

Need to be patient playing the younger guys.

Would a bottom four finish be enough to see Chapman's time come to an end? Or would he see it as justification to stay on and steady the ship?

Would a bottom four finish be enough to see Chapman's time come to an end? Or would he see it as justification to stay on and steady the ship?
Whatever works

Top 8 - then he is steering the right course

Bottom 8 - now is not the time to desert the ship

Does that mean Rory Sloane himself doesn't believe we're going to make finals or is it besides your own club name 7 other clubs that will make the finals type of deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back