Gil! Read this before you kill the league! (aker: What will Gil say? poll.)

What will happen?

• 2 week postponement

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 8 weeks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • 2020 Season cancelled

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No change. Full steam ahead. Crisis averted.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

• Admin
The financial risk to the reputation of the AFL if they held games and caused a massive outbreak is far greater than "The love of the game."
Killjoy!

It's entirely possible that he'll say that the season will continue as planned, and then outline what will happen if a player tests positive for the virus.

• Admin
It's entirely possible that he'll say that the season will continue as planned, and then outline what will happen if a player tests positive for the virus.
Fine! I've added a poll option.

For some reason the minute people say the public might be overreacting with this virus everyone attacks and gets offended, the other day on the port board I had like 25 replies to a couple of comments I made (that if everyone washed their hands with soap, avoid touching random people and cough into their arms we should be okay) and everyone got so offended..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The financial risk to the reputation of the AFL if they held games and caused a massive outbreak is far greater than "The love of the game."

They are following government advice, and the Government needs to cancel these events - CDC in the US is recommending a ban on all events with more than 50 people for example. If they do anything before they have to theyd have some financial and legal issues because people are stupid, waiting for a government declaration might give them force majeure grounds for some of these issues.

They are following government advice, and the Government needs to cancel these events - CDC in the US is recommending a ban on all events with more than 50 people for example. If they do anything before they have to theyd have some financial and legal issues because people are stupid, waiting for a government declaration might give them force majeure grounds for some of these issues.

This is true. I would still expect them to be closely considering the potential financial and representational impacts of this whole event.

Right now Gillon is the biggest risk to the league atm, not the coronavirus or anything bloody else.

bloke is as dead set incompetent as they come.

It's pretty damn obvious he's still working for Foxtel.
The country is about to close it's damn borders yet still can't come with what should be correct decision and postpone the start of the 2020 season.

we have Amatuer league's already making this decision for god sake!!!.

For some reason the minute people say the public might be overreacting with this virus everyone attacks and gets offended, the other day on the port board I had like 25 replies to a couple of comments I made (that if everyone washed their hands with soap, avoid touching random people and cough into their arms we should be okay) and everyone got so offended..
Of course, but it's the best thing that's happened in the lives of little people for years. Don't try to use reason on these narcissistic panic merchants. There's nothing else going on in their lives so they desperately seek drama and dysfunction. Just ******* pathetic.

Of course, but it's the best thing that's happened in the lives of little people for years. Don't try to use reason on these narcissistic panic merchants. There's nothing else going on in their lives so they desperately seek drama and dysfunction. Just ******* pathetic.
Tell us what you really think, mate :D

Absolutely agree. There’s a certain type of bogan that thrives in these conditions, they love the panic and becoming outraged. It gives their sad lives some purpose.

Back