GoSaints12’s Phantom Draft Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane’s second selection profile updated.

Pick 27. Brisbane Lions

Harry Sharp. 184cm. 70kg.
Greater Western Victoria Rebels.

View attachment 868008

Brisbane is missing an out and out winger from its midfield. Preferring to play balanced, or even contested mids on the outside.

With this pick Brisbane is looking to address this need.

Harry Sharp is not your typical winger who avoids contact, despite a two to one uncontested to contested possession count.

Sharp is willing to put his body on the line, and play the team orientated game that coach Chris Fagan asks of his outside players.

From an elite athletics background, Sharp is an endurance athlete who topped last years yo yo test as an under ager player at the NAB league preseason testing day. But also possesses genuine speed to beat opponents on the outside.

Sharp does need to work on his kicking, but this not a big weakness in the Brisbane system.

Missing out on this year’s elite KPF and ruck talents, Brisbane was happy to move the second of its first round picks in to next years draft, in the hope of securing a KPP in next years draft, while adding a second round pick, used to fill a position of need.

Good pick. He was on my "I seriously doubt he'll slide to my pick but if he does I'm taking him" list.
He’s the reason I made the trade with Hawthorn.

If I couldn’t trade my late first round pick for a future first round pick, (and upgrade my 3rd round to a second round) I would have taken him at 17 anyway.

He’s a (very) late year birth, so I hope he’s still got some growth in him.

I’m a big believer in players with good biometrics and athletic ability, to go with their football ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely interested to see who fightingfury_88 selects for Gold Coast. I have three players in mind (and none play for Oakleigh).
I'm turning over 3 players in my head. One is an Oakleigh player. The other two aren't.

If there's nobody to pick for WCE by tomorrow or so, it looks like the highest rated non-academy player left on the list is Bailey Laurie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back