Proof that Eddie McGuire is "hopelessly conflicted"

Remove this Banner Ad

What a crock of manure, ethics - ask Adam Goodes!

Eddie's integrity reaches as far as it benefits the Pies, makes me spew the AFL put him on every working party as a "club" representative. He only represents the Collingwood Footy Club when he's involved. The guy is an over exposed flog.
Unmitigated tripe. Eddie’s Goodes gaffe was a very poor attempt at a joke. He hasn’t got a racist bone in his body, and to suggest otherwise is nonsensical. Lot of posters on here, I bet who have reinvented themselves as virtue signalling purists who have never made an off colour joke at which someone, somewhere would take offence. It would be illuminating to be able to put the private behaviour of some of the self righteous hypocrites, both on BF and elsewhere under the microscope. Doubt if many of them would stack up too well. But luckily for them they’re anonymous, so we’ll never know.

It’s great to see Eddie so heavily involved on the AFL working parties. He’s obviously highly regarded where it actually matters. He’s hardworking, intelligent, and is a fantastic spokesman. He would buy and sell those non entities on here who sneer, rage and hurl abuse from the safety of their BF alias. Hopefully we will see a lot more of Eddie being involved at the AFL coal face. He has a lot to offer.

To dismiss him merely as “an over exposed flog” is patently stupid, inaccurate and churlish in the extreme.

so you want 16 minute qtrs to be a permanent thing?
If Eddie is pushing 16 minute quarters you just know that it must suit Collingwood's player list and game plan. If it didn't, Eddie would be blustering about short changing the fans etc.

Eddie promotes whatever is good for Collingwood and himself whilst telling the world that he's a benevolent father for all teams, much like great leader Kim Jong-un

If Eddie is pushing 16 minute quarters you just know that it must suit Collingwood's player list and game plan. If it didn't, Eddie would be blustering about short changing the fans etc.

Eddie promotes whatever is good for Collingwood and himself whilst telling the world that he's a benevolent father for all teams, much like great leader Kim Jong-un
Silly, simplistic nonsense. Do you seriously believe that? Need to engage the brain before typing, not afterwards.

He simply keeps on putting his foot in his mout. He’s massively conflicted. Who knows how many behind the scenes side deals he has going in the footy industry. Tries to somehow hide his Collingwood bias and agenda. Thinks were ******* idiots. When someone answers back to him, he doubles down sounding like an even bigger jerk. Then tries to smooth things over pretending that we’re all one big happy family. Still I don’t actually mind him, footy and this town wouldn’t be the same without his ‘voice’.

Brilliant time for Ed to bring up drug issues in other sports.........
The doctor worked with Geelong for nine years, whereas he was employed by Collingwood for three years but of course the headline is clickbait.

By the way, I'm no fan of McGuire.

Unless you're the child of a president yourself that's a pretty big assumption you're making. Keep in mind people involved in the AFL industry have ended up there because they love the game. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much all journalists are more fervent in their support of their team than the general population.
Now you are just being obtuse.

Dear oh dear, McGuire just embarrassing tonight. Absolute and complete hypocrite and he can’t see it and never ever will. Says something and when called out says ‘actually I said this’ which is usually total bull**** because he can never admit wrongdoing. It’s psychotic. I found myself agreeing with McClure and Wilson.

I need a shower.

No inferiority complex at all. Eddie's a campaigner. Absolute campaigner. He's got the ear of everyone and everything in Victoria. He is a cancer. You guy let that happen. That is on you.
Agree. Victorians try and claim they are culturally sophisticated.

But Eddie is incredibly powerful and completely beyond reproach. Does whatever he likes. He's a genuine power broker. Runs the State.

It's flat out embarrassing. This has gone on for twenty years.

This bloke is never challenged. He is revered . He is omnipotent in Melbourne.

He's massive campaigner. This is a fact.

I used to like him, probably more than most. The battler from the northern suburbs come good through hard work. Have to admire that. But lately, and more specifically during this COVID period, he's just become insufferable and an embarrassment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To b
The doctor worked with Geelong for nine years, whereas he was employed by Collingwood for three years but of course the headline is clickbait.

To be fair he was a 3 year employee of Collingwood by that stage. Maybe Collingwood should've done due diligence when he came across from Geelong. I remember a Geelong doctor having an episode in Adelaide pre game one night. Was that this guy?

To b
To be fair he was a 3 year employee of Collingwood by that stage. Maybe Collingwood should've done due diligence when he came across from Geelong. I remember a Geelong doctor having an episode in Adelaide pre game one night. Was that this guy?
No, and that episode was heart related. The guy nearly died on the field.

Geelong never got properly investigated for their Dank experiments and it would appear this chap too fell through that gap.
There was no dank experiments ffs. He failed his interview at the club because geelong did the right thing. But you know this. You are just posting defamation. Reported.

Admittedly I am not fully up to speed on the situation however Eddie's comments last night whilst a bit clumsy made sense. If you hold a press conference, you invite the media in and in Geelong's and Jack's case regarding the recent event, they are going to ask questions. Putting out a blanket statement saying you will not be answering questions regarding that incident rather the press conference is to discuss the upcoming season would be common sense.

Agree. Victorians try and claim they are culturally sophisticated.

But Eddie is incredibly powerful and completely beyond reproach. Does whatever he likes. He's a genuine power broker. Runs the State.

It's flat out embarrassing. This has gone on for twenty years.

This bloke is never challenged. He is revered . He is omnipotent in Melbourne.

He's massive campaigner. This is a fact.

He wasn’t wrong about your BS COLA etc though

Geelong never got properly investigated for their Dank experiments and it would appear this chap too fell through that gap.
LOL. BigFooty never disappoints with such dumb posts! Dank NEVER stepped foot inside the four walls of GFC and he had no involvement at the club.

FWIW, Bradshaw was one of the most highly rated sports doctors and not just in Australia; he was club doctor at one of the Premier League clubs in England, as well as Richmond.

LOL. BigFooty never disappoints with such dumb posts! Dank NEVER stepped foot inside the four walls of GFC and he had no involvement at the club.

FWIW, Bradshaw was one of the most highly rated sports doctors and not just in Australia; he was club doctor at one of the Premier League clubs in England, as well as Richmond.

Geelong bought "stuff" from Dank. They have admitted as much. Your drug dealer generally isn't an employee. Any rate this is getting off topic. McGuire is a campaigner.

But Dean Robinson did set foot inside the club and he had dealings with Dank, Cats have even admitted this.
All for another thread though.

On channel 9 they only showed him in Geelong polo. Pies were his last job. Diversion week at the Holden Centre this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back