One thing premiership winners do well that isn't talked about much

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Rewatching the highlights of today's game: Collingwood just has many smart players who just seem to be able to tap it to the advantage of their team mate, kick it off the ground, and finding space with short kicks/handballs, surge it forward etc while staying so composed. Whereas Brisbane players for the most part just weren't as smart. Of course there's Pendles and Sidey, but also players like Elliott, Crisp, Hill, even McCreary. You saw Richmond, Hawthorn etc do it. Taps during play even get counted as stats, but are increasingly important in the modern game. Of course other things make it easier, but something that always seem to stand out esp in clutch situations with the Pies. Don't know how much is natural footy IQ, instinct, coaching, but needs to be factored more.

It’s certainly a skill to know when to try and take possession, take on a tackler or just accept the tackle & cause a stoppage vs when to knock it on or get it off quickly to a teammate. I thought the Pies actually didn’t do this as quite well as they usually do today. Mihochek stood once or twice for hatching it.

It’s certainly a skill to know when to try and take possession, take on a tackler or just accept the tackle & cause a stoppage vs when to knock it on or get it off quickly to a teammate. I thought the Pies actually didn’t do this as quite well as they usually do today. Mihochek stood once or twice for hatching it.
Yeah I think taps (not in ruck contests) should definitely get stats. Becoming increasingly important in our game.

Yeah maybe, they got a lot of outside 50 set shots too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back