One thing you hate about your team

Remove this Banner Ad

This recent behaviour, scabby pricks

black and white please GIF

You'd be loving Ben McKay leaving for $750,000 a year
If I was that mediocre at my workplace, I'd be fired

Simon Goodwin and playing Ben Brown in the team for far too long

no killer instinct, and now no instinct at all. The soft underbelly of WCE gets shown up too often.

Hopefully Don Pyke helps to turn this around.

they take an eternity to ship out premiership merchandise. Surely it doesn't take this long to pump out a stubby holder and bumper sticker. :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't 'hate' anything about the club or the team.

But the reality is that the club is an ongoing disaster, and the team will need at least another couple of seasons to become consistently competitive.

I'm only still a member due to inertia, as in, after 20 years as a paid-up member, why stop now?

Just overall a boring club. Not complaining about it and am very thankful to have won so many games from 2007- compared to everyone else.
Boring- ??
Not the word that comes to mind with just some the players we have used over the decades.

Farmer
Goggin
Michael Turner
Wacko Jacko
Senior
Brownless
Lindner
Buddha
Bews
Ben Graham
Riccardi
Scarlett
Junior
SJ
Wojcinski
Varcoe
Hawkins
Cameron
Dangerfield
Stengle

Or is that a subtle way of saying that we just kept winning for 15 years, unprecedented?

Last edited:
That Collingwood never seem to have someone kick a bag of goals. Rocco kicked 7 a million years ago but nothing really since.
I'd love to see a player kick a bag of 8 or more.
One of the joys of the past was watching the great Peter McKenna kicking centuries of goals 70, 71, 72, and in 69, played only 19 games for 98 goals.
Absolute gun, and great to watch.
Then there was Fabulous Phil Carman. Freak player who kicked bags of goals at will.
And of course, Peter Daicos.
Sav or Anthony Rocca?

Since then, Cloke was reliable and capable of bags of goals, and currently, DeGoey is too.

No membership pack for overseas fans. They give a $20.00 voucher when it cost $30.00 to ship to the USA. Adelaide and Freo both have nice membership packs with shipping included.

Accepting our place in the league as a "small club". Melbourne went out and made marquee games for themselves and we arguably have a bigger supporter base, yet we have shown no initiative to really grow the club in this space. All we can hope for is Friday night fixtures. One premiership changes everything of course, but we should be more proactive

Boring- ??
Not the word that comes to mind with just some the players we have used over the decades.

Farmer
Goggin
Michael Turner
Senior
Brownless
Lindner
Buddha
Bews
Ben Graham
Riccardi
Scarlett
Junior
SJ
Wojcinski
Varcoe
Hawkins
Cameron
Dangerfield
Stengle

Or is that a subtle way of saying that we just kept winning for 15 years, unprecedented?
I did say overall and not one area specifically. Yes those players mentioned were great to watch. But game plan between 2016ish and 2021 was mid to watch. club colours, logo, Guernsey, song, all mid. Never the best never the worst. Supporter stereotype is fairly accurate still. Not fanatical, probably the quietest apart from the expansion clubs. All just very average. Like I said very grateful and just an opinion.

Success.... or lack of Success...

In a 29 year run... no flags.

8 years out of 29, most likely 30 years of finals. Only made back to back finals or made finals at least 2 years in a row once in a 30 year stretch. That was 2012-15.

If I had It my way and knew my team was gonna go through a Similar stretch again of making finals 8 years out of the next 30 years, I would be happy for those finals eras to be back to back finals or 2 years in a row.

I am happy to go through a 5 or 6 year period of rebuiling and no finals if at the end of it was a 2 year run of finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back