Discussion St Kilda Pre-Season take 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter 30 games,
Coff 18 games.
I’m not exactly sure what your point is. I do think Clark is the better prospect but I don’t think I’m breaking any bombshells by saying he clearly doesn’t love the weights room yet.

I’m not exactly sure what your point is. I do think Clark is the better prospect but I don’t think I’m breaking any bombshells by saying he clearly doesn’t love the weights room yet.

Brendan goddard went alright for 14 years without a benny cousins-esque rig.

Ben long is built like a weed but steamrolls blokes, while a big unit like jake carlisle folds like origami under the slightest shove.

Biology is weird.

Weights never helped the likes of Mav Weller and Tom Curran!

It's not an exact science Hunter prob needs to keep himself light, elusive and a little quicker than if he was built like a brick shithouse!
Don't remember noticing Dal Santo's bulging guns throughout his career! He's fine as he is.
The boy will be a gun!

Between the Pelican, Trout and the Dwarf all imposters from other clubs, they set our club back 10 years!
They were all evil plants sent to ruin us i tell ya!

We were already in trouble from the Lyon era, incredibly poor drafting and horrible salary cap management.

And if you look at the other photos Clav still looks like a young boy , which i guess he still really is , slow maturing colt that lad

Some do ok without ever getting big.
Clav seems to have the long arms thing happening.

images

We were already in trouble from the Lyon era, incredibly poor drafting and horrible salary cap management.

We picked a couple of good ones in Lyons time, just forgot to hold on to them with Cripps, Mc Evoy and Lynch. 2010 to 2016 were pretty dire years. Since then we look like we are improving but only time will tell. Plenty before have looked promising and failed to deliver.

We picked a couple of good ones in Lyons time, just forgot to hold on to them with Cripps, Mc Evoy and Lynch. 2010 to 2016 were pretty dire years. Since then we look like we are improving but only time will tell. Plenty before have looked promising and failed to deliver.
I reckon the 4 most important players on our list right now are King, Clark, Gresham and Long. I think all four have the ability to become A grade players. If they all do then we will be pretty set.

Having a gun forward like King come on would be enormous for us. It would change our dynamic.

Clark and Gresham could still become A grade midfielders in time which will transform our side.

Looking at good teams, they often have a dynamic half-back type. I know Long is early in his journey there but I saw enough over the pre-season and in round 1 to suggest he can be elite in that position.

The other interesting one is Coffield but at this stage he just needs to force his way into the side.

Obviously this is all pretty glass-half-full, but in terms of drafting I guess the proof is in the pudding. Hopefully these guys can all be delicious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the 4 most important players on our list right now are King, Clark, Gresham and Long. I think all four have the ability to become A grade players. If they all do then we will be pretty set.

Having a gun forward like King come on would be enormous for us. It would change our dynamic.

Clark and Gresham could still become A grade midfielders in time which will transform our side.

Looking at good teams, they often have a dynamic half-back type. I know Long is early in his journey there but I saw enough over the pre-season and in round 1 to suggest he can be elite in that position.

The other interesting one is Coffield but at this stage he just needs to force his way into the side.

Obviously this is all pretty glass-half-full, but in terms of drafting I guess the proof is in the pudding. Hopefully these guys can all be delicious.
There's still hope for JB, and the other one Jack Bytel is who I'm really waiting to see. And the other other one, Josh Battle.
Not forgetting Jack Bell either!!

Battle playing down back again.

"while Jonathon Marsh put his hand up to be part of a new-look forward line."

how about

Parker Marsh Membrey

Gresh King Butler

Aaron Hamill should be taking Marsh aside and showing him old videos of himself. Marsh could be a real enforcer for our young side and there is nothing better than a forward that creates fear for defenders. GTrain and Hamill would have had a few defenders lying awake at night.

Aaron Hamill should be taking Marsh aside and showing him old videos of himself. Marsh could be a real enforcer for our young side and there is nothing better than a forward that creates fear for defenders. GTrain and Hamill would have had a few defenders lying awake at night.

I think we definitely will need that protection for King, just as GTrain and Hamill were for Roo and Kosi.
Nothing brought me more joy than watching Parker and Long absolutely demolishing blokes last year, lets hope more of that physicality is on the cards this year.

First I have heard of Members in doubt for round 2 or haven't I been paying close enough attention?

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
No to both - its just a very poorly worded sentence.

"Tim Membrey and Jack Steele completed a gruelling session ahead of the main group's appearance on the track, but both are considered in no doubt for Round 2."

That’s pretty impressive from Coffield. I think Hunter Clark needs to move back in with him! Good talent but he looks like he’s never picked up a dumbbell in his life.

I know back in my day when boxing, if you used weights it slowed your arm reflexes down.
Maybe the club have him on limited weights for the same reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back