Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see you back mate Gee you’ve come up with some rippers in that list , don’t knowi if they are rated from 1 to 10 but I would have Smith a little higher
Big Ash Byrne was a quality forward late '90'-2000's. Could seriously move for a Big man. I would nominate Tim Edgar as a fast running half back who played super footy in the early-mid 2000's. Had a powerful left foot. Agree about Patch Pelligrino!

I knew you’d ask that. I was lucky to start young and see some of the all time greats up home.

Sean Charles sits at the top for me tho
In GV footy Stephen Ash for me. If I go back to the 80's then David Code was a ripper! I reckon Swoopin' Pie could confirm on Code.

Ironically both Shepparton players.

Ps. Seymours Paul Scanlon would be in the discussion particularly throughout that period 2005-08

In GV footy Stephen Ash for me. If I go back to the 80's then David Code was a ripper! I reckon Swoopin' Pie could confirm on Code.

Ps. Seymours Paul Scanlon would be in the discussion particularly throughout that period 2005-08

Can you believe Scanlon is still running around!! What a machine

I remember watching the 04 gv gf and Mansfield had some jets running around that day. Hotton should have played more afl

Let's hope the days of ex AFL players playing in the country come back, I did see on YouTube the other day Peter Curren former hawk champ coached south Bendigo straight after his AFL career finished, and he went on had a pretty lengthy AFL assistant coaching career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a SMS from a mate up past Shepp earlier suggesting the PDFL is Maxie Gawn too

Not many left now

Only saw him once as a kid but would have to say Gary cooper was a wizard. Saw him tear up rochy in a final at the Rec in the mid 80’s - I was 8 or 9. He was a gun! Saw ash dominate that gf against United. Brad Campbell another gun.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shane Schottner was a gun. Tough and uncompromising as a footballer and a terrific leader too. Did great things for the Lions.

Agree about Stephen Ash - was a star!

As for Echuca, Scholl or Byrne for mine - terrific footballers.
Jonothon Solomon was a jet. One of the last picked in the school yard that went on to play AFL and win a Morrison. Super career for Seymour.

Jonothon Solomon was a jet. One of the last picked in the school yard that went on to play AFL and win a Morrison. Super career for Seymour.
Solomon and Brad Campbell were freakishly athletic for their height .
Solomon being a ruckman could turn a game on his own in minutes .

Only saw him once as a kid but would have to say Gary cooper was a wizard. Saw him tear up rochy in a final at the Rec in the mid 80’s - I was 8 or 9. He was a gun! Saw ash dominate that gf against United. Brad Campbell another gun.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He certainly tore up Rochy mid-80's but it wouldn't have been a final as Rochy was holding up the ladder from '83 till about '87 when Rosenow returned to coach.

Echuca were a powerhouse club mid 90s early 00s ringo

Did ex blue and woora player Jeremy Smith do much at echuca ringo, I reckon a few woora players went there late 90s
Jeremy Smith was a jet, Echuca were the best side in it in 99 when we won it, they were a big strong bodied side(Ash Byrne, Mark Heritage, Brad Smith)pretty sure they went out in straight sets, Jeremy doing his hammy from memory in the qualifying final at Tonny didnt help their cause.

Jeremy Smith was a jet, Echuca were the best side in it in 99 when we won it, they were a big strong bodied side(Ash Byrne, Mark Heritage, Brad Smith)pretty sure they went out in straight sets, Jeremy doing his hammy from memory in the qualifying final at Tonny didnt help their cause.
Cheers Hank as you have clarified my thoughts about Rochy beating Echuca at Tongala. I couldn't remember what year it was as it was one of the best wins I have witnessed from an underdog. Jeremy Smith had a big pony tail and a lightening lead as I recall. Miller, and McCarty did some special stuff.

Solomon is an interesting one was obviously a great GV player but I'm surprised he didn't play more than 2 AFL games. Young Ruckman normally are given plenty of opportunity and the Bears were pretty weak in the period he was there.

Spot on with Ashy and Code tongue but the memories of Garry Cooper/ Des Campbell/ Chris Smith / also leave me with great memories and just loved Seymours Scanlon and Gorski There’s just so many mate !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back