Unofficial Preview Round 7, 2020: Sydney Swans v Gold Coast Suns - SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florent is still contracted yeah? Wouldn't trade him for anything under a Top 10 pick.

You'd better hope Caeaser is given the job as Norf's list manager then.
Imagine the melts if we trade him for Daniher...even I'd be upset with that. 😂

I hope his form improves anyway - if we keep him, if we don't.
Caeaser is probably right, a different midfield look could help him this week.

Tom Mitchell won way more of the footy though and in tougher situations. It's not cheap outside ball he's accumulating like Clarke.

Also, his footskills aren't fancy I wouldn't say it's a liability either. And while it's often not damaging there are times where he can use it rather well. Clarke is a liability with the boot.
You can't have been watching Clark play this year if you think he's getting cheap outside ball. He's averaging 9.5 CP per game.

You can't have been watching Clark play this year if you think he's getting cheap outside ball. He's averaging 9.5 CP per game.

when you run into trouble or take forever to get possession they all end up contested

Clarke runs but he's slow, can't stick a tackle then turns it over when he gets the ball

So if the ability to run is all it takes to be a footballer then sign me up and half this board probably
More tackles per game than Ollie. Less clangers than Ollie.
But that's just stats I guess.:moustache:
Not to say that he can't improve on his kicking - of course he could.
Still nearly won us a game against the reigning premiers in the 4th last week with his absolute determination.
And yeah he does run - for 93% of the game time. 11% more game time than Ollie can.

Clarke should be among the first picked atm. Once he gains more confidence who knows what we might have.
I know as a Swans fan you'll be hoping he has a good game this week.

Clarke-bashing is pretty low hanging fruit stuff on this board. I think on exposed evidence he isn't hugely talented and very likely he doesn't have a future in the long term at AFL level. But he doesn't write his own contracts and select himself so all he can do when he runs out there is give his best effort - and he did.

Frankly I think the efforts of others should be more under the microscope, hey Ryan Clarke who is a very limited player is showing a lot more intent and workrate than a lot of you far more reputable and talented players, pull your finger out!

Clarke-bashing is pretty low hanging fruit stuff on this board. I think on exposed evidence he isn't hugely talented and very likely he doesn't have a future in the long term at AFL level. But he doesn't write his own contracts and select himself so all he can do when he runs out there is give his best effort - and he did.

Frankly I think the efforts of others should be more under the microscope, hey Ryan Clarke who is a very limited player is showing a lot more intent and workrate than a lot of you far more reputable and talented players, pull your finger out!

ive been deliberately positive about clarke

but point taken,

we seem to be stuck in a florent Clarke loop

i wish rowell was playing this game

More tackles per game than Ollie. Less clangers than Ollie.
But that's just stats I guess.:moustache:
Not to say that he can't improve on his kicking - of course he could.
Still nearly won us a game against the reigning premiers in the 4th last week with his absolute determination.
And yeah he does run - for 93% of the game time. 11% more game time than Ollie can.

Clarke should be among the first picked atm. Once he gains more confidence who knows what we might have.
I know as a Swans fan you'll be hoping he has a good game this week.

Stats

but point taken,

Yeah, I'd have liked to have watched Rowell - but then I think they'd have cut us up too. So pros and cons. We might be in with a shot.
Warner on Rowell would have been a good match up I reckon.

but point taken,

He can criticised like any other player, but I think it's a bit lazy to make no distinction between his genuine stinkers like 6 disposal games with no impact and half-decent games for him like a 23 disposal game where he at least wins some of the hard ball.

It sets up a non-falsifiable claim which basically says his performance is irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarke bashing is senseless. He gets a ton of pill and he’s he doesn’t use it well, but look at the rest of them, Blakey, Dawson, Hayward, you’re telling me these guys have more impact on the game with their 4 touches at 40% disposal?

How do we know those other players wouldn't do better if they actually were played in the midfield?I think most know my views on Clarke, however he probably plays this week unfortunately. Don't think we are improving with Clarke types playing.

Clarke bashing is senseless. He gets a ton of pill and he’s he doesn’t use it well, but look at the rest of them, Blakey, Dawson, Hayward, you’re telling me these guys have more impact on the game with their 4 touches at 40% disposal?

That's true, they don't have as much of an impact on the game as Clarke. He contributes to about half of the opposition's scoring opportunities. Arguably the opponent's BOG every week.

That's true, they don't have as much of an impact on the game as Clarke. He contributes to about half of the opposition's scoring opportunities. Arguably the opponent's BOG every week.

There's no arguable in there for me!

That said and its an indictment on our list...he's playing this week.

I reckon much of the Clarke-bashing stems from the frustration that we haven’t managed a successful trade period in quite a few years.

If we’d drafted Clarke, instead of him falling within our run of ho-hum trades, he’d get a lot more respect.

I actually think he’s been our best trade in the past few years (albeit the competition ain’t strong in that regard).

There's no arguable in there for me!

That said and its an indictment on our list...he's playing this week.

It's not even an indictment on our list. It's an indictment on the AFL as a competition, particularly the recruiting scouts, that Clarke is even on a list. If you can't kick, you can't mark, and you can't tackle, then, politely, GTFO of this code.

Cue the "wHaT aBoUt HiS gPs nUmBeRs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back