Unofficial Preview Round 8 vs Hawthorn. The Luke Brennan Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s not like we haven’t carried under performing forwards game after game before

I don't usually rate the under performing forwards that we carry.

Blakey I have massive wraps for which is why it's so frustrating we're allowing his current form to continue/seep into his psyche instead of just addressing ok mate you've had a disappointing start, have a few practice matches to work on your flaws.

Even last year I have vague memories of Blakey drifting in and out of the game yet occasionally doing something really good.

I think he kept his place because we have not had much attacking threat in the forward line apart from Papley/Heeney. So they were hoping he would be able to produce the occasional moment of attacking brilliance whilst finding his way out of his form slump. I think they were hoping what they did with Hayward would work with Blakey by getting him more involved.

Also how long would we drop him to the reserves for? We will have the compressed fixtures and possibly not as many scratch matches. We will probably need him anyway with the frequent fixtures and our injury list. And as a 2nd year light bodied player he will probably get rested for a game at some point anyway.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who are we worried about at hawthorn?

Clarko pulling a rabbit out of the hat and Scumthorn turning it on for their best game of the year and Burgoyne turning back the clock and killing us on his walking frame.

Plus they have been given rockets in the media by past players and ex club heroes.

They will lift because of the backlash which will be typical for this absolute s**t stain of a club.

They will kick 8 in the first quarter with Poppy Bruest and Gunston kicking 2 each.

*n hate that footy club.

I really hope we annihilate them and they kick 2 goals for they game and we pile on our biggest score for the year but we all know that won't happen.

I'd rather nurse Blakey than drop him.

His potential is huge.
There is no neafl .
What have you got to lose?
Reality is. He can play.
Season is toast. Let him learn.

The reason why he needs a rest imo is that as a young player, he may not have the ability to play himself back into form. Opposition smell blood in the water and will continue to target him and have the ability to basically run his confidence right done to the ground. Continuing to play him whilst he is not at the level could have a detrimental effect on his abilities and maybe even his love for the game. It might just become a lot of hard work instead of something he really enjoys and can do real harm.

Its time the club did what is best for him and get him out of the heat for a bit, rest him, get him to run around in a scratch match or two and love his footy again.

He doesn't really have the runs on the board to continually being played whilst out of touch the way he is. Continuing to play him is not in the best interests of his long term success, I reckon he needs a spell.

So who are we worried about at hawthorn?
Jefff Kennett continually worries me. Something very odd about that bloke.

Really though, this one is about us and how we go about it. Its a well presented scratch match in a lot of ways. I hope we see a couple more debut this week and we continually try to build up our ability to transition. I want to see some real competitiveness all around the park, regardless of the skill factor. Would be great to see Rowbottom take another big step.

Versatility is the motto, versatility, unpredictability and better kicks into the attacking half of the field....Mills to The midfield rotations....get used to it...he’s got another few gears to his game...plain as day and this is the season to do it..

You can believe what you like, but the idea that your interpretation is the only one possible just doesn't stack up.

It's not the only one possible, but I genuinely can not think of another reason Blakey would not be dropped by now. That's not me being a smart-arse or anything, as I've said I rate Blakey a lot and would love for any other reason to be the case, but all the reasons presented to me by you and others do not stack up when compared to similar situations.

Clarko pulling a rabbit out of the hat and Scumthorn turning it on for their best game of the year and Burgoyne turning back the clock and killing us on his walking frame.

Plus they have been given rockets in the media by past players and ex club heroes.

They will lift because of the backlash which will be typical for this absolute sh*t stain of a club.

They will kick 8 in the first quarter with Poppy Bruest and Gunston kicking 2 each.

fu**n hate that footy club.

I really hope we annihilate them and they kick 2 goals for they game and we pile on our biggest score for the year but we all know that won't happen.
Bruest is out with a broken jaw and Poppy will not be selected.

I am curious as to why you think a club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century is a “s**t stain of a club, I would have thought they are the definition of a “ Great club”

A genuine serious question.

Bruest is out with a broken jaw and Poppy will not be selected.

I am curious as to why you think a club that has been winning Premierships at an astonishing rate for over half a century is a “sh*t stain of a club, I would have thought they are the definition of a “ Great club”

A genuine serious question.
:eyes:

Oh yeah...

Well run club, sure.

EDIT: Reminder where you are, btw...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back