Autopsy Rd 9 - If only games went for 1 quarter aka Still the Hawks bunnies

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t like giving excuses but moving from one side of Australia to another,on planes,in hotel rooms must take its toll at some stage.If this is just a one off then I can maybe accept it but if it’s a trend then.....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 weeks in a row Debunk that theory.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Okay, I guess this is the most appropriate thread for changes

Again, TDK for Moore. Moore just not up to it and TDK might not be either, but let's get games into a kid that has massive upside

Murphy struggles in open play, strength wise. Eddie continues to struggle, goes out, Murphy to a pocket and bring LOB in, on a wing

Switch Newnes to the back 6, SPS to a wing

If Teague doesn't want to play Cuners around the ball, bring in Fisher
Such a pessimist

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

To lose to the Hawks for the 15th time in 17 meetings is a bitter pill to swallow. I just don’t know if players these days bleed for the jumper like a lot of us supporters do. I’m not sure coaches use stats like this to get players up now days.

It’s my opinion that 20 years of poor results, poor boardroom decisions and poor recruiting has created a massive void in leadership. As a result our development of youth has been extraordinarily poor and the senior players we do have in the side have never been part of a winning mentality. Hence when we do get 5 goals up, we don’t know how to put the foot on the jugular and run away with the win. Until the senior players who will not be part of our next premiership team are let go, we will have our younger players learning the bad habits of a losing club culture.

Murphy and Simmo have been great servants but the longer they play the more of a liability they become and I hear the club are considering signing Murphy for another year?

Some people are defending the decision of selecting Moore in the side. He has had 6 possessions in two games 2 kicks, 4 handballs and 0 goals. Surely TDK is a better option for the future of this club?

As a group we struggle to stem the tide when the opposition get a run on. We are easily scored against and clubs can kick quick goals in succession without us having any way of closing them down. We have had 621 points scored against us this season one of the highest points against tally of the league. And many of us here believe we have a strong and settled backline?

I feel we are the closest in 20 years of making the top 8 but we are still a couple of years away of being a side other teams will know it’s going to be a tough game. For years we have been easy beats and until we stand up and beat teams we should be beating, we will continue to be the team that cracks under pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Midfield depth

Yes harsh on Mackay -- but such is life you play 2 blokes over 200cm in your forward line you expect the output you got today -- curnow mcgovern Harry I see can work -- curnow mcgovern levi can work -- if casboult TDK have to play second ruck in the first forward line I can not see .curnow Mackay McGovern silvagni TDK would be the dream .. chance of happening 50/50

Okay, I guess this is the most appropriate thread for changes

Again, TDK for Moore. Moore just not up to it and TDK might not be either, but let's get games into a kid that has massive upside

Murphy struggles in open play, strength wise. Eddie continues to struggle, goes out, Murphy to a pocket and bring LOB in, on a wing

Switch Newnes to the back 6, SPS to a wing

If Teague doesn't want to play Cuners around the ball, bring in Fisher

Gov had a 1-2 low grade hamstring, and there is 15 days between our Round 8 game vs North when he was injured, and our Round 11 gave vs West Coast as we have a bye for the week of madness coming up. He should be the one in for Moore.

I'd be okay with Murphy being dropped but it won't happen. I'd give Betts a game to rest but that won't happen either. I'd consider dropping SPS but that won't happen either.

The only other players I see as vulnerable to being dropped are Cuningham, Newnes, Williamson and maybe Gibbons.

I don't want Willo dropped. It is vital he is allowed to build his game. He has so many attributes we need and even though he isn't getting a lot of the ball, he is showing a willingness to attack.

Gov for Moore
Fish for Cunners
Dow for Gibbons

Plowman Weitering Simpson
Docherty Jones Williamson
Walsh Setterfield Dow
Fisher McGovern Martin
Betts McKay Casboult

Pittonet Cripps Curnow

Kennedy Murphy Newnes Petrevski-Seton

If Gov doesn't get up, I'd either reinstate Gibbons or bring in LOB and play Kennedy as the 3rd tall forward or 2nd tall when Casboult goes into the ruck.

Yes harsh on Mackay -- but such is life you play 2 blokes over 200cm in your forward line you expect the output you got today -- curnow mcgovern Harry I see can work -- curnow mcgovern levi can work -- if casboult TDK have to play second ruck in the first forward line I can not see .curnow Mackay McGovern silvagni TDK would be the dream .. chance of happening 50/50
TDK aa first ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it was the 13th time in 20 games under Teague's watch that Carlton has conceded a 30-point swing within a match. ..............Holy crap that is bad

Truly baffling...but i guess it's because we play quite an attacking, fast paced style with lots of open space which is why we can both score heavily quickly but get scored against heavily quickly.

Let's remember we're still only 20 games into Teague's coaching career and are 10-10...still pretty good from where we came from and we can see a style that can dominate when we get it right which is exciting...we couldn't even see a resemblance of a winning game plan before.

As he said it's just about learning how to get it right for longer and mitigate the opposition when they have momentum. And I don't think he can help the fact that most of our senior players had shockers on the same night.

Pains me to say it...but we’re a conditional footy side at the moment.

I think we need to reset and set the example by dropping my Murphy. His head wasn’t in the game tonight.
[/QUOTE
Was it his kids that had a day out -- I think that was stiff -- the kids were in someone's care they went to park .. not like sidebottom getting massages in Williams town

Gov had a 1-2 low grade hamstring, and there is 15 days between our Round 8 game vs North when he was injured, and our Round 11 gave vs West Coast as we have a bye for the week of madness coming up. He should be the one in for Moore.

I'd be okay with Murphy being dropped but it won't happen. I'd give Betts a game to rest but that won't happen either. I'd consider dropping SPS but that won't happen either.

The only other players I see as vulnerable to being dropped are Cuningham, Newnes, Williamson and maybe Gibbons.

I don't want Willo dropped. It is vital he is allowed to build his game. He has so many attributes we need and even though he isn't getting a lot of the ball, he is showing a willingness to attack.

Gov for Moore
Fish for Cunners
Dow for Gibbons

Plowman Weitering Simpson
Docherty Jones Williamson
Walsh Setterfield Dow
Fisher McGovern Martin
Betts McKay Casboult

Pittonet Cripps Curnow

Kennedy Murphy Newnes Petrevski-Seton

If Gov doesn't get up, I'd either reinstate Gibbons or bring in LOB and play Kennedy as the 3rd tall forward or 2nd tall when Casboult goes into the ruck.

Can see Moore and Cuners being outs, just don't see Willo, Gibbo Newnes being dropped

If we are struggling with consistency, then perhaps Eddie and or Murphy need to make way for the likes of Fish, LOB, Diw types

It’s hard to see clearly in the middle of a haze.

however. compare the pace of these blokes:

Grimes, Short, Broad, Edwards Macintosh

vs

SPS, Simmo, Plow, Doc and Willo.

Maybe I am over simplifying it. But when our high press fails we literally have NO ONE capable of running a guy down.

When the Tiger press fails the above mentioned players just swarm back and shut everyhting down.

So to be clear until we address this deficiency we will be erratic because we succeed when our press rarely shuts down.

We have over come this glaring deficiency by having a spare back (Doc). BUT this tactic has been worked out and is now blocked by our opponents who man him up.

This isn’t a crisis. It’s fixable. But it can’t be ignored. We will remain erratic until we address the pace in the mid/small backs.
Finally some sense. This is only part of the issue.
The other is when we are penned in ..in the backline and cannot transition quickly with space. We give up plenty of hoals with turnovers trying to move from out of the backhalf. Again ill say it..midfield is the root of mist of our issurs

Truly baffling...but i guess it's because we play quite an attacking, fast paced style with lots of open space which is why we can both score heavily quickly but get scored against heavily quickly.

Let's remember we're still only 20 games into Teague's coaching career and are 10-10...still pretty good from where we came from and we can see a style that can dominate when we get it right which is exciting...we couldn't even see a resemblance of a winning game plan before.

As he said it's just about learning how to get it right for longer and mitigate the opposition when they have momentum. And I don't think he can help the fact that most of our senior players had shockers on the same night.
With GWS WC CoLL Bris left -- they have see wee only score from clear kick down line or switch and can't defend on way back -- pain could be coming -- let's not get upset .. luckily only WC CoLL have ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back