Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

When are we going to turn up to a match, we’ll prepared through the week and switched on??

By well prepared I’m talking about having reviewed our previous game and work towards correcting some things, physical training, oppo game plans analysed, mentally worked up for the game.

I’m thankful that H kicked drop punts. That’s the main correction I saw in this game. It’s something I guess.
Do you mean, as an example, Adam Saad learning from one week to the next to man up and not just wander around aimlessly?

Do you mean, as an example, Adam Saad learning from one week to the next to man up and not just wander around aimlessly?
That specifically wasn’t front of my mind but yeah things like that should be sorted over time.

Saad gets the ball, runs sideways and lays a swinging left kick 50 m or so down the line is not particularly bright.

He does not take all parts of his preparation as professionally as I’d like. Just a fact. I’ll leave that there.

This is shocking to me. He handled his rehabilitation from his spinal issues as well as could possibly be expected unless I'm missing something

He does not take all parts of his preparation as professionally as I’d like. Just a fact. I’ll leave that there.
As you'd like?

What is the bar for you then? At least tell us that much if you're going to make claims like that.

Explain Facebook Live GIF

So is this post by the sounds of it.
Oh. Yep….you’re right. Oops. I’m making it up. No wait. I’m passing on third hand intell from unreliable sources.
Exaggerating. Nothing in it at all. He’s very focused on recovery. Prep. The works. So are all his team mates. Forgive me. I’m wrong. You’re right.

Oh. Yep….you’re right. Oops. I’m making it up. No wait. I’m passing on third hand intell from unreliable sources.
Exaggerating. Nothing in it at all. He’s very focused on recovery. Prep. The works. So are all his team mates. Forgive me. I’m wrong. You’re right.

Yes, excuse anyone for thinking Walsh is a pure pro…backed up by every person at the club who’s had anything to do with him. Let’s believe the unsubstantiated claim with zero specifics or evidence whatsoever.

Makes sense.

Might sound dumb, but I was more wondering g withe the coaching, could anyone of quality be added to the group now? Or would it be too late to make an impression?

Forget money implications, if you have someone good, you pay them and pay the tax, I’m wondering if there is anyone who we could actually add to help?

You open to Zoom applications?

1540027028687_GI31STNGO.2-2.jpg

All assistants have a gig, no one is moving mid season

I was thinking more broadly than people who are currently assistants. I’m sure there is people who have taken a year or two off coaching or are in different roles in different industries.

We added John Worsdold for example a few years back in a mentor capacity, although that seemed like window dressing to me.

I was thinking more broadly than people who are currently assistants. I’m sure there is people who have taken a year or two off coaching or are in different roles in different industries.

We added John Worsdold for example a few years back in a mentor capacity, although that seemed like window dressing to me.

Who would you add right now if you were the decision maker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea, that’s why I was asking. Also have no idea if adding someone, even if they were good, would have any positive affect this late in the season.

Worth a look though.

I would actually look at someone fresh out of the game, rather than a senior figure

Best ideas generally comes from youth

I have no idea, that’s why I was asking. Also have no idea if adding someone, even if they were good, would have any positive affect this late in the season.

Worth a look though.
I'd think that if as has been suggested, Hardwick is suffering from burnout then he will need some time away to refresh and maybe look at options for 2024. We should be planning for what is to happen next year and start to identify people to talk to. I don't see any big changes occurring during this current season.

No. Doesn’t need being specific about. He and several others are just not that serious about their recovery and preparation. The ‘Walsh is a pro’
Stuff is a myth.

You do know many athletes take 12+ months to fully recover from the surgery that he had on his back, right?

Yet there's Walsh pushing himself to the limit and getting back onto the field in world record pace.

I guess that happened because he took his recovery not so seriously

Had you said something else about him being unprofessional I would have more reason to believe it and I'd put it down to him coming into and through a shitty club culture from the time he was in the AFL system.

But the fact is he got himself fit to play well ahead of schedule

Last edited:
I would actually look at someone fresh out of the game, rather than a senior figure

Best ideas generally comes from youth

Agree with this

I would have given my left nut so to speak to get Selwood into the club.

I do wonder what Shannon Hurn is doing post football. Great football brain, demands respect. Quite a few WA lads on the list. As a player he has all of the traits and characteristics that this club is screaming out for.

I don't think you play on as long as he has if you don't see your life in footy but I have no idea if he sees himself coaching.

No. Doesn’t need being specific about. He and several others are just not that serious about their recovery and preparation. The ‘Walsh is a pro’
Stuff is a myth.
I like most of your posts w1 but this Walsh stuff is pretty left field. Such accusations of such a generally respected and hard working player needs a bit more than vague missiles thrown his way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back