Autopsy 2023 Rd 10 Blues lose game in first quarter

Remove this Banner Ad

They're mostly on under half of this.
The Soft salary cap is about $6.7 mill. When the covid cuts came there were plenty of senior assistants on $350k +. Positions and salaries were cut then but there are plenty of assistant coaches on over $250k.

I'm not sure how you think that we are spending our soft cap if we are paying our assistant coaches $125k each.

I have no knowledge to dispute this, but I would find it hard to believe that a standard assistant is on anything like this, all the talk from the coaches is that they money is far less than most could earn in the private sector and talent is leaving the industry as a result.
Just a bit more context here. The salary cap for the entire yarrawonga team in the O & M is $125,000 for the season. The coach doesn't come under that (playing coaches 50% comes off).

Might have been a bit generous allocating him $100k.

The Soft salary cap is about $6.7 mill. When the covid cuts came there were plenty of senior assistants on $350k +. Positions and salaries were cut then but there are plenty of assistant coaches on over $250k.

I'm not sure how you think that we are spending our soft cap if we are paying our assistant coaches $125k each.
Soft Cap in 2023 is 7.2mil, have had a quick look at our coaches and put together a list of what I think they would be on

Voss - 800
Hamill- 250
Clarke 200
Hanson 300
Power 200
Kruezar 150
Greaves 150
Baker 150
Ebert 150
Lonergan 150

AFLW i am fairly sure is included in the soft cap
Harford 300
Simpson 100
Schultz 70
Skusis 70
Callinan 70
Hampson 50
O'connor 50

That already totals 3210, and doesnt include List Management, strength and conditioning & medical departments that all get included in the cap.

Just a bit more context here. The salary cap for the entire yarrawonga team in the O & M is $125,000 for the season. The coach doesn't come under that (playing coaches 50% comes off).

Might have been a bit generous allocating him $100k.
Yeah but if you have large investors that are prepared to tip in, if you can only spend $125k on players they may as well spend big $ attracting a high profile coach. Having Stevie J raises the profile of the club and the league, encourages sponsors to get on board and brings the community in, increase ingate entry, bar sales etc. I would say $100k is a fairly good investment if you get the right person.

Yeah but if you have large investors that are prepared to tip in, if you can only spend $125k on players they may as well spend big $ attracting a high profile coach. Having Stevie J raises the profile of the club and the league, encourages sponsors to get on board and brings the community in, increase ingate entry, bar sales etc. I would say $100k is a fairly good investment if you get the right person.
For sure, but it gives you an idea of the economy of scale.

My guess is that he probably gets less than $100k but might get a rent free house for example and the
free use of a car etc. Top it up with his media income etc and its not too bad a life.

Soft Cap in 2023 is 7.2mil, have had a quick look at our coaches and put together a list of what I think they would be on

Voss - 800
Hamill- 250
Clarke 200
Hanson 300
Power 200
Kruezar 150
Greaves 150
Baker 150
Ebert 150
Lonergan 150

Harford 300
Simpson 100
Schultz 70
Skusis 70
Callinan 70
Hampson 50
O'connor 50

That already totals 3210, and doesnt include List Management, strength and conditioning & medical departments that all get included in the cap.
If Voss is on more than 500K I'd seriously be scratching my head... the guy was so desperate to coach again offering him a can of red bull would've been enough. Some premiership coaches aren't even making that much.

I'd go
Voss - 450-500K
Hanson - 350K
Power - 250K

The rest prob around 180-200K mark.

Thankyou very much. Collins fooled our moronic members into thinking he wanted Elliott out to save the club when in reality all he wanted was for us to sign a deal at his cheapo stadium with archaic computer entry systems. He saw an opportunity and took advantage of our club, his club, when we were on our knees, to better himself. How long did he last maybe a year and a bit? Until everyone realised what he'd done - by then too late. Elliott would've fought for the club but Collins simply took his pants off, bent over and passed Demetriou the vaseline.

Ian Collins, the most un-Carlton Carlton person there is. It makes me cringe whenever I see photos of him returning to the club.
totally agree with you…the decision was only benefiting Collins.

Cause one of my best mates worked for the Swans! First hand info! Only the best are on those sort of numbers.

Voss - 800
Hamill- 250
Clarke 200
Hanson 300
Power 200
Kruezar 150
Greaves 150
Baker 150
Ebert 150
Lonergan 150

Harford 300
Simpson 100
Schultz 70
Skusis 70
Callinan 70
Hampson 50
O'connor 50

Soft cap includes list management drs and physios. All football department support staff.

Edit: Sorry thought I was replying to a diff message

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendan McCartney being interviewed on SEN now. He’s coaching in the country and doing 1 day a week at the Filth. They asked him what stood out there, he said they train a high amount of fundamentals.

I’m going to hazard a guess that we don’t do that.
Gonna keep banging the fundamentals drum. I reckon you're spot on.

Brendan McCartney being interviewed on SEN now. He’s coaching in the country and doing 1 day a week at the Filth. They asked him what stood out there, he said they train a high amount of fundamentals.

I’d be surprised if Voss didn’t train the fundementals into the players. IMO the problem is more that when the pressure ramps up our players panic and break team rules. I reckon that’s why Voss lost it on the weekend. It’s doing his head in. What he needs to is have the balls to call the offenders out at selection.

I’d be surprised if Voss didn’t train the fundementals into the players. IMO the problem is more that when the pressure ramps up our players panic and break team rules. I reckon that’s why Voss lost it on the weekend. It’s doing his head in. What he needs to is have the balls to call the offenders out at selection.
We seem to stuff up a lot of the fundamentals. And I'm sure we do train them.
But according to McCartney, the emphasis that the Filth placed on training them was something that stood out.

Pretty sure there was at least one session in preseason.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back