Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
E​
One of the biggest reasons people have been calling for the night GF is the night time experience (entertainment, fireworks, etc). If we are going to experiment with the night GF this year, surely we want to trial it with all these things. Not just another day game somewhere else.
The only people calling for a night gf are the broadcasters.....

What is frustrating to me is that Victoria had a chance to control and possibly eliminate this pandemic at the early stages when they knew all the cases were coming in from one source (returned travellers) but so totally ballsed up the hotel quarantine program.

It amazes me that during Easter I went for a walk down my local beach in Melbourne and saw a massive police presence with multiple police choppers, patrols, etc ridgidly policing a section of the population who statistically at that time were almost 0% chance to have the virus whilst simultaneously adopting such a lassie faire attitude to controlling the returned travellers who actually had the friggin virus!

They had a shot to nip this virus off at the bud but now we need to rely on the general population doing the right thing which is not a bet I personally would take. 😢

Even better result for us today, 13k tests done with 0 Local Covid cases (1 case in hotel quarantine). Hats off to Annastacia and QLD health so far 👏👏👏.

Still one more week of being super vigilant left for us to make sure the 2 who snuck in didn’t spread it further.

Annastacia giving the middle finger to right wing media outlets.

What is frustrating to me is that Victoria had a chance to control and possibly eliminate this pandemic at the early stages when they knew all the cases were coming in from one source (returned travellers) but so totally ballsed up the hotel quarantine program.

It amazes me that during Easter I went for a walk down my local beach in Melbourne and saw a massive police presence with multiple police choppers, patrols, etc ridgidly policing a section of the population who statistically at that time were almost 0% chance to have the virus whilst simultaneously adopting such a lassie faire attitude to controlling the returned travellers who actually had the friggin virus!

They had a shot to nip this virus off at the bud but now we need to rely on the general population doing the right thing which is not a bet I personally would take. 😢

As someone mentioned to me the other day. It is like putting your fire trucks near clear bush in preparation of a fire on the opposite side of the national parkl while trying to put out the raging bush fire on the other end of the forrest with a garden hose and some buckets

What's happening in Victoria is such a mess, and it was entirely avoidable too. Has anyone actually being held responsible for the quarantine blunders? I'd be genuinely surprised if no Ministers or Department Chiefs haven't been let go yet.

Step one, fix the problem.
Step 2 , lay blame.

Why do people think Queensland are going to experience a wave just because Victoria currently are, and NSW are beginning to?

Despite the fact the Queensland state government gets slammed by right wing news outlets, you can't really say they've put a foot wrong with how they've handled the pandemic to date.
Because they didnt put a hard closure on the border before it got into the community.

despite all our medical advances the best policy for an infectious disease we have no cure for has been quarantine.

Worked for thousands of years - keep anyone potentially infected on that side and anyone not on this side. Figure out how long the infectiousness is for carriers and thats your quarantine if they try to switch sides.

queensland have let queenslanders from qld go to nsw and vic then come home with no quarantine. Like qlders are immune to it but folk from other states arent....

couple that with this virus having around 50% of infected folk having ZERO symptoms - and all you need is for one of those folk to be walking around and they can infect 1000 by themself.

those thousand then go on.

thats why wa and sa have a hard border - my cousin works australia wide in a required industry - she went to qld for worksome weeks ago and had to do 14 days when she came back. In wa this 14 days is very very strictly policed.

The police ( and Dan ) came out of all that with some pretty negative publicity.
So when they re-introduced lockdowns after the QFU , it was all softly softly.

Because they didnt put a hard closure on the border before it got into the community.

despite all our medical advances the best policy for an infectious disease we have no cure for has been quarantine.

Worked for thousands of years - keep anyone potentially infected on that side and anyone not on this side. Figure out how long the infectiousness is for carriers and thats your quarantine if they try to switch sides.

queensland have let queenslanders from qld go to nsw and vic then come home with no quarantine. Like qlders are immune to it but folk from other states arent....

couple that with this virus having around 50% of infected folk having ZERO symptoms - and all you need is for one of those folk to be walking around and they can infect 1000 by themself.

those thousand then go on.

thats why wa and sa have a hard border - my cousin works australia wide in a required industry - she went to qld for worksome weeks ago and had to do 14 days when she came back. In wa this 14 days is very very strictly policed.

You are the main ones making the prediction Kranky. I think QLD will be fine.
And the virus doesn't recognise state borders, it can't jump from west Sydney to tweed heads.

Its a virus.

You are the main ones making the prediction Kranky. I think QLD will be fine.
And the virus doesn't recognise state borders, it can't jump from west Sydney to tweed heads.

Its a virus.
Im the same bloke who was telling you vics in april that you had fkxed it up and were going to get a second wave ....

oh and btw the virus will happily support any border you wish to put in front of it - as long as you keep folk apart and include 100m of no mans land....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this:

<<<“An infectious airline passenger flew into Queensland from Sydney only hours before the hard border closure came into effect.

Queensland declared Greater Sydney a coronavirus hotspot earlier this week, enforcing a border lockout from 1am on Saturday.

But hours earlier, a passenger on a Jetstar flight flew into Maroochydore from Sydney while infectious with COVID-19.

The passenger, a male in their 20s, acquired their infection overseas, Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said.

He was on board Jetstar flight JQ790 on July 31.

Contact tracing will be carried out on Sunday but anyone who was on the same flight and is feeling unwell is urged to contact Queensland Health.

The young man was the state’s only new infection on Sunday after two consecutive days of community transmission.”>>>

This whole attitude of treating parts of a city as infectious and other parts not would be hilarious if it wasnt a deadly virus.

its pretty clearly a case of trying to make the virus obey some kind of rule you have just made up so you can justify not locking things down because it will upset the *very wealthy people that own your government and dont want lockdowns.

*these people are safely ensconced far away from covid

Queensland is essentially a better version of Victoria. So It comes as no surprise that our government is handling the epedemic better than the Victorian government.

Im the same bloke who was telling you vics in april that you had fkxed it up and were going to get a second wave ....

oh and btw the virus will happily support any border you wish to put in front of it - as long as you keep folk apart and include 100m of no mans land....

Oh you knew moron security guards were going to * the quaranined travellors?
We hadn't ****ed anything up in april.

Its not a wave !!!! its a bloody virus that you can catch if you get too chummy with other people who have it.
If you said in "April" we had ****ed it up, then that's jut proof that you were guessing. There was SFA in the community then.

I give qld 2 weeks before community transmission starts going up. 4 weeks & this season is over.
Gil needs to be removed.

You know the AFL have their own protocols over and above QLD right?
They have been enforcing them too. ( Nathan Buckly will be personally paying his share of 50K. )
I think you're wrong.

This sort of thing is what worries me about qld:

It takes one person to spread it into the community - qld keep allowing people to move in and out without quarantine.

chances are very much in favour that theres one or two asymptomatic people walking around qld right now....View attachment 925377
I agree it takes just one person to spread it, and really most of this comes down to luck (ie. 1 person can spread it to 30 and be a super spreader, while 5 people could come into QLD and not spread it at all).
But so far, there’s no signs of a super spreader event here with the current cases.

2000 close contacts of the 2 who snuck in tested, only 3 positive (the sister and the one couple identified).
700 tested at the school that was potentially exposed, all negative.
And 104/105 patients tested at the aged care facility that was potentially exposed, all negative.

50,000 in total tested since Wednesday when we had our first local cases for 80ish days.

The high risk contacts have been tested and confirmed negative so far, if we can keep that up for a week we’ll be back to a solid position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back